[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm falling in love with my best friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
I'm married man with a 1 year old son to my wife. We've been together for over 6 years and I love her very much.

Recently a woman came into my life who is my perfect equal, we became best friends very quickly. I'm growing more and more attached to her and fantasise about us together.

I still love my wife very much, even when things get rocky. But I still don't know what to do. I'm not the kind of guy to cheat, and she isn't either.

The only person I could trust enough to talk about this too is woman I'm falling for.
>>
>>17169693
Just back away and stop hanging out with her. This will pass. Also, try to fuck your wife more so you won't have hormones messing with you.
>>
>his wife isn't his best friend

See, you're already wrong from the start.
>>
>>17169708
My wife is one of my best friends.

>>17169699
My wife doesn't have much in the way of a libido, never has. Mine on the other hand is too active.

I don't want to stop hanging out with her because we are really good friends. But I agree, and I shouldn't hang out with her when it's just the two of us
>>
>>17169721
>I don't want to stop hanging out with her because we are really good friends.

We're trying to help but you're fucking yourself over now.
>>
It happened to me.
I met a guy who is exactly like me and crushed on him, and he was crushing on me. We are both in stable and long term relationships, that weren't going great at the time.

What we did was distancing ourselves a bit and spending more time with our SO, trying to get the relationship with them exciting again. We went out on dates, worked out more, had more sex, we have been sweeter, we tried to be the best partner possible. It worked, and things started going well in our relationships again.
We also tried to think rationally about how we would be as a couple and understood we would be unhappy in a way, and we'd miss something we have with our partner.
After a while our relationships got better and, and we stopped crushing on each other.
Me and my fiancée are going to his marriage in June. He is one of my best friends and I love him a lot.
>>
>>17169751
Thanks. It seems like a similar situation, me and my wife have been going through a rough patch of recent, and it's definitely my main priority to get it working again.

Would it be a good idea to explain this to her (the best friend)? As she doesn't know how I feel.
>>
You don't want to be with your perfect equal. You want a different perspective. It's way more useful to have different opinions and experiences in troublesome situations.

Just control yourself anon. Think of your kid.
>>
>>17169758
For me and my friend, it wasn't really necessary - we are so alike that we kind of "understood" why we were doing what we were doing.
If you talk to your friend it would either make things escalate or ruin your friendship.

Spend time with your wife and make her your best friend again.
Probably 3/4 of the crush you have on this friend is because you feel not loved and not appreciated in your relationship, and the fact that your friend is new and exciting makes you feel valued.
Also you just had a child, which means that your relationship with your wife changed a lot and it surely need some extra work to adapt to the new conditions.
Be rational about this. You don't really want to date your friend.
>>
>>17169767
You're right. It's all stuff I know and say to myself anyway. But just having it said to me helps a lot. Thanks.
>>
>>17169693
See this is why you have a thing called boundaries in relationships and why men and women really can't have a platonic friendship.

But some people delude themselves into thinking that it's fine. All they end up doing is complicating their lifes. No one is saying that you can't interact with the opposite sex, but getting close/personal especially with one that is attractive is just setting yourself up for failure.

What do you do? You realize this, stop denying it thinking that things can remain innocent, learn to distance yourself from the opposite sex on a personal/intimate level and your life will be better off for it. Spend time with your male friends doing whatever activities you enjoy. For me, it's getting drunk with my friends talking about music, life and all other shits while having a laugh and gaming. Otherwise, if I want to be close/personal with a female, it's the one I'm in a relationship with.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.