[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to prepare for work schedule tomorrow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 2k66C6Y.jpg (66KB, 733x820px) Image search: [Google]
2k66C6Y.jpg
66KB, 733x820px
So tomorrow evening I have a Security Guard position I'll be taking from 7pm to 7am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings (and 1am to 7am on Friday mornings).

It's currently 8:50pm here and I don't know what my sleep should be to prepare for this now. Work is 22 hours away, but I'm not sure how and when I should sleep now to prepare. What should I do?
>>
>>17162686
1am to 7am Friday Mornings NEXT week, I mean. Not tonight.
>>
Work backwards. Figure out when you need to start your shift. Work out how much time you need to commute there, work out how much time you need to get ready prior to leaving your home. Then subtract 8 hours from that time. That's when you need to start your sleep.
>>
>>17162694
Just to add to this, pad out an extra 10-30 minutes to take into account the little things. Preparing shit once you get to the workplace, potential traffic issues, etc.
>>
>>17162698
>>17162694
Okay, so looking at traffic and making pack lunch and breakfast, I'd wager the four hours are 8pm to 4am. But what about tonight? How do I get to that? Just stay up all night now? Take a nap and THEN sleep at 8?
>>
>>17162721

Try to stay up a bit later each night. At least until 3-4am.

Make sure you get a lot of sleep the day before your shift.
>>
>>17162726
No, you don't understand. There is only TOnight. As in, when do I sleep TONIGHT? Like, a quick nap to knock the edge off and get to the timeframe or something?
>>
Here's my schedule

Work:
Friday May 20th, 7pm - Saturday, May 21st, 7am
Saturday, 7pm - Sunday, 7am
Sunday 7am - Monday, 7am

Then it's
Friday, 1am - Friday 7am
Friday 7pm - Saturday 7am
Saturday, 7pm - Sunday, 7am
Sunday 7am - Monday, 7am
from then out out.

It's currently 9:30pm Thursday
So right now I have ONE NIGHT to start with 8am-4pm sleep. How do I get my body ready for that? Keep in mind I slept 6 hours last night, so idk what I should do.
>>
It's hard to tell since I don't know what your time-zone is so I would say just stay up until you have to have your sleep to get yourself extra tired and then add an extra hour or two to your sleep to get some extra rest, i.e. 6am-4pm or something.
>>
>>17162751

So you're night shift now? It's not
That bad.

Stay awake until 6am. Go to bed at 6am, and sleep as much as you can until to go to work tomorrow night.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.