[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey adv. 21 F here, I just made myself throw up for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (34KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 500x707px
Hey adv. 21 F here,

I just made myself throw up for the first time. I've always had a problem with my weight. Sometimes when I eat I feel like crying and I feel really guilty. Sometimes I'll starve myself on purpose as a form of self harm.

I looked up some symptoms and apparently I'm at risk for bulimia nervosa. I just want to be skinny and happy but I honestly see know results when I eat right and exercise. Throwing up made me feel better but I know it's not the way. I'm afraid that this'll get out of hand.

I'll ask two questions, for those who like to see people suffer and those who wanna help.

Helpers: What should I do? I know it was my first time doing it but I want to do it again. It made me feel better.

Non-helpers: For those who have or had bulimia, how long til I see results? How do you keep it secret?
>>
>>17161639
if calories out>calories in
you will lose weight. that is all there is to it
>>
>>17161639
Seek. Professional. Help.
>>
>>17161639
The fact that you are asking for help either way makes me believe this is some sort of research exercise for varying opinions on eating disorders, that or a troll.
>>
eh, bulimia is bad for your teeth I hear because of the stomach acid.
>>
>>17161718
This it fucks up your teeth and breath and everyone can tell.
>>17161668
Recommend doing this, plan your meals ahead, become obsessed with counting calories rather than binging and purging.
>>
>>17161639
Where are you on the bmi scale? I usually don't go for bmi but if you're purging you need an objective scale because if you're heading down that path what you see in the mirror won't reflect reality.

If you need to lose weight diet, count calories macros etc don't starve yourself.

Just try be healthy.

If you don't need to diet just maintain a healthy diet and don't flip your shit purging.

If you're going to obsess over your body just get into body building. Better than starving to death.

Just out of curiosity what is it that makes you do this? You realise girls with eating disorders end up looking like girls with eating disorders. What are you trying to do?
>>
Ok I think I'm reading this right. You've dieted before without results?

It's impossible to diet without results you're just lying to yourself. Now you're thinking to yourself no it's true I've dieted without losing weight I have violated the laws of thermodynamics.

Here's where you're gonna stop lying to yourself. Get "my fitness pal" or some other calorie counting app and keep track of everything you eat. I mean everything even those twix and coke you had to treat yourself on your diet.

If you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. That's a fact. Also you're a twat if you want to look like the chick in your photo.
>>
>>17161855
Last I checked I'm 125 which is a little overweight for me, I'm 5'0 and weigh 169.

And I always saw that skinny=attractive. I'm honestly disgusted by the whole body positivity movement because it was made by fat land whales who are too lazy to try to thinner and then complain when men don't give them the time of day.

I refuse to let myself get tumblr sized, which is why I obsess over my weight. Overweight girls aren't attractive at all.
>>
>>17161888
I cut out all sodas. I saw some improvement but it wasn't enough
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x336px
I only eat once a day, in the evening. Works for me, I just have to eat enough to last for 24 hours.
>>
>>17161902
Skinny=attractive is mostly just the idea the media forces upon society today
In reality different people find different body types attractive and facial looks and personality are more important
>>
>>17161902
>it was made by fat land whales who are too lazy to try to thinner and then complain when men don't give them the time of day.
Just like you.
>>
>>17161902
Actually I've always been attracted to bigger girls. And not just chubby ones either.
>>
>>17161910
I just want to feel attractive in my own skin. I don't feel attractive.
>>
>>17161933
Try dating someone who is attracted to your body type and complements you often, it could help build your self esteem enough so you wont feel unattractive

If you don't think that will work then see a therapist and try to do proper diets and exercise and really stick to them to lose weight
>>
>>17161905
>>17161902
You're right about fat not being attractive and I think it's good to aim to improve your appearance. But you're just gonna look like skelator.

First off cutting out soda is the absolute basics, if that's all you've done you don't deserve results. That's like going for a light walk and complaining you still get winded going up stairs. Let's get started.

Quit starving yourself and purging its unsustainable you'll either just rebound eat a load and get into a constant cycle of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds while you stress out and get depressed or you'll succeed and starve yourself into looking like I need to donate to feedthechildren to save you.

Count your fucking calories. All of them. Don't snack on some shit and forget to count it. Make your portions smaller. Don't put as much extra shit on your food. Just cut out sugar entirely, it's a waste of fucking time. Eat the same thing every day if you have to. Don't snack.

Right I'll just make this real simple so I don't overload you with information.
Count your calories that's it. Count your calories. You could eat Ben and jerries every day and still lose weight if you're in a calorie defecit. Just count your calories get an app.

I don't recommend ice cream every day though you'd probably get diabetes ot go insane or some shit.
>>
Talk about it with e.g. your mom, or a good friend. This will relieve more mental stress than throwing up does.

My aunt told me I should visit a sauna/spa if I had some personality complex - looking at other peoples bodies would change your mind for sure!
>>
>>17161888
>It's impossible to diet without results
Nope. Weight loss through dieting is actually pretty much impossible for a lot of people, your metabolism deliberately slows in order to maintain the weight. It is true that calories in<calories out = weight loss, but your calories out is not constant and is determined by many factors. Someone who burns a few hundred calories a day really has to eat nothing in order to lose weight, or exercise many hours per day, and this is not realistic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html?_r=0

The above is a decent lay article about it, you can look up the studies referred to in the article and read about leptin, in particular.
>>
>>17161956
>Use other people to validate you
>use them as the source of your self worth.
>>
>>17161956
I have a boyfriend who loves me dearly. Always calls me beautiful and stuff like that. But for some reason I can never believe it.
>>
>>17161992
>burns a few hundred calories a day
lol
>>
>>17161639
Fucking HUGE head
°___°
>>
>>17161980
Thank you for the advice. I'll definitely start calorie counting
>>
>>17161992
Is this OP? If you believe that nonsense you might as well take the healthier approach and force yourself to vomit up all your damn meals.

Or if your metabolism is slow as fuck just eat less. If your body doesn't burn calories as fast then don't eat as many your body doesn't need as many.

It is impossible to diet properly without results. If you have a slow metabolism that means eating less than someone with a fast metabolism.

You don't just get to eat more because other people have faster metabolisms. You eat less because yours is slow. Its not unfair dieting isnt impossible you just need to do it right and lose weight that defeatist shit is why you don't lose it.
>>
>>>>17161992
>these people lost a FUCKLOAD of weight very quickly and over the course of several years regained it due to their bodies lowered metabolism.
>clearly this means it's impossible to lose weight
I read that article too and was quite horrified by it, but I just knew I'd see someone completely misinterpret it.
>>
>>17162021
That is not OP. I am
>>
>>17161992
I should add, OP if you want to lose weight don't purge, it isn't effective or healthy. What you need to do is what others have said - get an app and track what you are eating. The app will recommend a target calorie range, and try to stick to that. Seriously don't eat less. It is very important that weight loss be slow or you will just gain it back. Eating less is not sustainable or effective. Eat more fiber, like lentils and other pulses - this is correlated with sustainable weight loss. Eat low glycemic index foods. Get most of your calories from vegetables. It is not true that only calories matters, what you are eating definitely matters. Eat smaller meals throughout the day, including small snacks, so you are never hungry - this helps promote normal energy homeostasis instead of storing energy as fat for later. There is some evidence that a low carb high fat diet helps promote weight loss, but it is not conclusive. Also, low impact endurance exercise is particularly effective for women, like long walks or jogs (>60 minutes) - like your target heart rate should be in the "fat burning" range. If you feel like going for fast 20 km runs that probably also promotes fat metabolism, but it isn't more effective for weight loss - but it is good for general health to be more active. A lot of dieting apps will also track your exercise. Start doing yoga or mindfulness practice. Being stressed causes fat deposition. Make sure you get enough sleep.

Be prepared for this to take a long time, like a year. If you do it slowly then your metabolism won't respond by trying to make you keep the pounds on. It is REALLY hard for most people to lose weight, so stay positive and be kind to yourself. Even if you don't lose weight quickly, eating healthier and being more active will make you feel happier overall!
>>
>>17162023
>>17162021
No, I have PhD in diabetes research and am a postdoc in a lab that studies, among other things, leptin and obesity. That article is an extreme example, but I mentioned other things to look up. Check out weight loss meta-analyses in Cochrane library. It is widely recognized in my field that dieting is not effective.
>>
>>17162037
>I have PhD in diabetes research
Timestamp of your doctorate or I call bullshit.
>>
>>17162020
Good. You won't get anywhere with extreme tactics. Calorie counting is the way to go. Look into health and fitness it can be intimidating at first but calorie counting is the basics to get you started.
Think about being healthy. The fact that you resort to extreme methods makes me think you'll struggle with the dicipline needed for calorie counting. So I'll make some things clear now so you don't get frustrated later.

You need to think slow and think long term. Don't worry about macros or exercise etc now. Just think about counting and the rest will slowly come later. Don't think about doing everything all at once. You're doing one thing calorie counting. Download and app. Cook and weigh all your own foods pay attention to your snacking.

This is long term. For now you can think in terms of months. But really years is how you approach this.

You will lose weight and you will lose it slowly over the course of months. You'll see how much you can lose a week when you start but don't burn yourself out trying to lose 50 pounds in 50 minutes, that shit is bull you need to think slow and you need to think slow now.
I can't say how much you should be losing a week but I think a pound a week is reasonable for most people. Sometime you won't lose a pound, sometimes you'll gain one don't freak out you're thinking long term now and in 3 months you'll be down over all.

Also like 99% of everything you've ever heard about fitness is bull even the stuff that is true is often bull. But there are lots of fitness myths because people want to sell you shit.

No one can sell hard work and determination over a long period of time in a pill.
>>
>>17161992
That's nonsense.
If people gain back weight it's because they aren't dieting properly.
If their metabolism slows down and they eat the same amount of food they're not dieting properly.

You can say it's impossible for some people to lose weight and keep it off but I say they're not dieting properly. No matter how you cut the cake they still fucked up and dieting works.
>>
>>17162079
I think dieting usually doesn't work because the people that diet are ones that are looking for a quick fix to their problems, these types are understandably the ones that cannot keep up their new healthier diet, thus leading to them gaining back the weight.

OP, I recommend you eat less and more, less in terms of serving size, and more in terms of amount, stretch out your meals to 5 or 6 times a day instead of eating three big meals. Make sure the food you consume is healthy, if you currently have any junk food throw it out right now.
>>
>>17162089
>>17162079
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4777230/
>>
>>17161639
OP, there is some good dieting advice in here, but no one has said what you really need to do - talk to a therapist. Eating disorders are very difficult to cure and they can escalate quickly. Go now.
>>
I'm both a helper and a non-helper.

>Helpers: What should I do? I know it was my first time doing it but I want to do it again. It made me feel better.
Start eating healthier and exercising. You're throwing up out of guilt. I have chronic gastritis thanks to on and off again bulimia. Gastritis can be extremely painful. Be careful. Also had anemia due to it at some point. Seriously if you have a bf, best friend, etc let them know what's going on, so they can encourage you not to. I tell my boyfriend when I have my on again bulimia phase, so that I feel guilty doing it when he's trying to push me in the correct direction- eating healthier.

>Non-helpers: For those who have or had bulimia, how long til I see results?
Obviously depends on how often you vomit. Also depends on if you get anything out. At my worst, when I first developed it, I lost 40 lbs in 2 months. Then again, I was ~180 to begin with so it may have been easier for me.

>How do you keep it secret?
People will eventually start questioning...maybe not directly to you, but no matter what they'll get a feeling something is going on. I tend to run bath water or the sink so the sounds are not as loud. I try to be as efficient as possible/not linger in between gags.
>>
>>17161639
What incredible weakness.
>>
Who cares? Just make sure you keep your teeth in check bitch.

Plus, there's always guys who will fuck you. Fat or not.
>>
>>17161639
That girl looks straight out of Auschwitz
>>
>>17161639
I remember my first purge.
Stop now, and honestly just eat less. Read "Wasted". It changed me
>>
>>17161668
This is wrong, and funny enough the "energy balance" concept was created by front groups for companies that manufacture junk food, then pushed into school nutrition education and meal design. A few of the somewhat more clever sorts who bought in to the idea then went to try to defend it via basic thermodynamics, but this is gibberish as well. The human body is a complex machine internally, and so is controlling for its real I/O. tl;dr, ignore all of it. The idea that you can eat whatever garbage you want and just "work it off" is a fantasy.

Anyway, OP, don't mean to be too harsh, but you need to stop thinking and behaving like a child. You're 21 years old. Look around you. Build your own ideas about the world and figure out what real people perceive as attractive and why. Think about what you think is beautiful. This whole "I need to thin and attractive! Skin and bones with my pelvic bones, collar, and ribs visibly jutting out! That's what people look for, that's what I want for myself." "but-but" But nothing. No excuses. Either you want to vomit up what you eat and eventually succumb to malnutrition, or you want to face your real core problems and build and reinforce good dietary habits. For fuck's sake, smarten up. This isn't hard.

Generally you want to avoid heavily processed food and those with added sweeteners. Whether it's cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or agave, avoid it. (You're ultimately avoiding fructose in each case). Try to sleep "enough". Many studies show certain pesticides and herbicides potentiate the body preferring storing energy as fat. Avoid soybean. Etc.

I ended up 105 lbs from 135 (my normal weight) in ~1 year. In my case it caused me physical pain and a lot of other shit to eat, so I ate as little as possible. Sat down in the shower one day and looked at myself and suddenly could truly see. You don't want to go there. Try to discover your real problems.
>>
>>17161639

See a shrink.

You have multiple problems, and this eating thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

You are headed down a path of terror and selfdestruction if you do not get professional help immediately.
>>
Kys
>>
The problem is you want quick results. But that isn't what you should aim for. You should find a diet of you can keep up forever. And the first step to that is to start counting your calories.

Imagine if you take 200 calories less than you need ever day. Then you're losing weight every day without hassle. It doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you use more energy than you take in. It doesn't have to be a big difference either.

You could for example say:
I'll only drink water from now on.
I eat two sandwiches in the morning.
Two pieces of fruit as lunch.
Eat a proper meal as dinner.
And another two pieces of fruit as snacks.

You'll be thin in no time.
>>
You can lose more weight by eating healthy and exercising than just throwing up.

Bulimia is a retarded concept. I mean why not just take laxatives and shit yourself instead? At last you won't fuck up your teeth and look like a crackwhore.

Any male who isn't in the top 20% of alphas isn't going to be picky at all. You can be a literal landwhale and still land several average looking nice guys with successful careers.
If you're concerned about getting Chads, you've got to be brain dead retarded to think they'd want skeletal women anymore than you want some bony little faggot.

If it's just a "I look at myself and feel disgusted" you need to see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17161910
This. It is totally the medias fault. You cant even say anymore that celebs look how they do in magazines cause they have photoshop. I took graphic design as my college major and my teacher showed me a web site that showed what they do to a celebs pic to make them look perfect. Most of the real pics were god aweful. Idk remember the site though or id give you the link.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.