[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

>From a non-Anglo country
>Little cousin learns English really quickly
>All my relatives praise her for her language skills
>I learn a language a lingua franca that is not really spoken in my local area quickly
>People tell me that I will never use it and I am just wasting my time learning it
Btw I'm not learning Japanese contrary to stereotypes here
>>
>>17157189
Where are you from and what are you learning?
>>
>not your local language
>not English
>not Japanese
so what are you learning, French?
>>
>>17157190
>>17157192
I am from Hong Kong and I am learning Spanish
(Ok, maybe Japanese is a "better" choice here but it's not like I will work in the business sector anyway due to my introverted personality)
>>
>>17157193
You're being treated how you are because someone from Hong Kong can use English, but what the fuck are they going to do with Spanish? Everyone around the world speaks English, but just because Spanish is widely spoken doesn't mean many people are proficient in it. Unless you have a use for Spanish, they're right - you're wasting your time.
>>
>>17157193
Unless you plan to work in Latin America Spanish is only interesting from a cultural standpoint
>>
>>17157196
>>17157200
You are very right. But really, any new language will be "useless" to me and I just want to pick a new language to learn.
>>
>>17157203
Do you need the validation of others if you do it for the hell of it?
>>
>>17157204
Well you guys said I am wasting my time as well
>>
>>17157215
English is the only language you NEED. If, however, you WANT to learn a new language you could do a lot worse than Spanish.
>>
>>17157215
English is the only language you NEED. If, however, you WANT to learn a new language you could do a lot worse than Spanish.
>>
>>17157219
>>17157220
How the hell did I do that?
>>
>>17157219
Yeah I agree. At least it isn't Dutch.
>>
>>17157226
Or *gasp* French
>>
>>17157231
French isn't that bad though, right?
>>
>>17157232
Retarded and useless language only used by a bunch of self-centered pricks
This is coming from someone born in France
>>
>>17157232
french is not so bad if you're moving to canada. also it shares a lot of vocabulary with english and it sounds sexier than any other language.
>>
you already made this thread

stop making threads
>>
>>17157189
Tell your relatives to shove it up their ass. If you like something you do it because it's you want to.

>>17157342
>canadians and their WE WUZ FRANCE meme
You speak english retard. It's like louisiana creole fucktards and their nigger french.
>>
>>17157389
i'm not canadian
i'd rather live in canada than mexico/spain/south aermican shithole if i wasn't willing to learn english for whatever reason
>>
>>17157342
Italian is sexier
Spanish is cooler
English is more polyvalent
German is less obtuse
Russian is more grammatically rich
French doesn't have a single redeeming quality. That should be expected from a language that was forced into its population
>>
>>17157414
>italian is sexier
mamma mia
>>
>>17157189

English is more useful, people speak english in Spanish countries etc.. But muricans etc dont speak spanish.
Asians know english but not spanish
English is the glibal language
Russians will know english but you wint find much russians that know spanish.
Same for Africa, Same for middle east.
Same for India.
Same for South America.
Its them being efficient and twlling you english is actually more USEFULL
>>
Learn whatever catches your interest
I studied Danish for 4 years, moved to Dernmark, went somewhere else on holidays, liked it, moved there and learnt the language
I wouldn't have moved here if I hadn't been living in Denmark before, and I wouldn't have moved to Denmark if I hadn't studied Danish

Was it a waste of time? Dunno but I'm pretty happy with my choice(s)
>>
Op youre learning a language as a hobby.

this is coming from someone that has learned to speak Esperanto.

i learned Esperanto because it was interesting to me and its fun to learn something that is interesting to me.

i learned it because its a fun hobby. it has no use to me and it doesnt help in my life what so ever.

i learned spanish and french long ago. ive forgotten french since im american and never used it. but spanish has been great with me since theres an influx of mexicans here for me to use it.

but please op. please stop if you want be productive into your life. english will be a much better language to learn. (thats if you dont already know how)
>>
>>17157501
Where did you move to?
>>17157572
>Tells OP that he is unproductive
>Learns a language that only polygots in Yahoo Answers claim to know
The irony
>>
>>17157646
i literally said i learned Esperanto for fun. and nothing productive into life.

which seems very similar to op who is learning spanish for no reason other than for him to be able to say he can speak spanish.

i want op to realize that he is wasting his time with spanish if it is not for fun.

as esperanto is a hobby language to me. spanish is a hobby language to him.
>>
>>17157727
So are you saying he should do it or not?
Sorry my bad English
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17157193
If you ever decide to come to Merica that Spanish will come in handy as we will all be speaking it by 2025
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.