[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might be dropping out of college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: sean lmao.jpg (62KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
sean lmao.jpg
62KB, 960x686px
Hey, /adv/. So I'm 19 years old. My first semester of college, last fall, I absolutely hated my major (music) and had tons of attention issues that I foolishly did not attend to (diagnosed ADHD). I ended up getting put on academic suspension. This spring, I applied to a community college to take two classes. I ended up getting an F and a D. I was supposed to have a B- average in order to pass the reapplication.
I am so fucked. I have no idea whether I should take more community college courses, or just drop out... I'm scared and ashamed of how much I fucked up. Where do I go from here? I can give more details on things as needed
>>
>>17156045
drop out, get a job and your own place, work for a bit while you figure out your life.

you didn't withdraw instead of failing, you are not mature enough to even do basic things to help your gpa.
>>
>>17156045
Switch to a real major or drop out. Try not to treat it as a giant fuck up and waste of thousands of dollars, think of it as a learning experience; one that costed thousands of dollars and a lot of time. Trade school is always an option.

And you can't use ADHD as an excuse when shit gets tough, I've been diagnosed and went through HS (and currently in college) unmedicated. If I can do it then anyone can do it.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
10KB, 384x384px
>>17156045
Skilled trade job, forget college.
>>
>>17156050

This is actually a decent idea. Work on your music OP.
>>
>>17156045
Try to remember the reason why you even went to college for music. Maybe it'll spark up your passion again. Then afterwards, you could go to college for it when you're ready, or just not go back to college at all if you fall in love with something else. Remember that you can go back to school when you want, and that you don't have to rush right now. Just make sure you have a passion, because that's what'll give you motivation in the long run.

Don't become another dead-end worker. You should do what you have to do to get by at first, but make sure you're aiming to do what you really want to do in the future.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.