[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a former depressed shut-in who pulled his life out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: kermit.jpg (71KB, 400x499px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
71KB, 400x499px
I'm a former depressed shut-in who pulled his life out of a rut. If anyone would like some advice in getting their life on track, I'd be happy to help.
>>
Do you think indulging in old hobbies and friendly company will work? I'm trying and I think I'm getting results but I just don't know.
>>
>>17152504

It will help to a degree, probably more so if it gets you outside and away from the internet.
>>
How do you deal with an all encompassing hatred for everything including yourself?
>>
>>17152492
Why do you think you deserve to be out of the rut?
>>
>>17152492
Did/do you take medication? How did you decide to do it? Did it work?
>>
I didn't want to start a thread of my own..
I have anxiety about almost every aspect of life outside the internet. I've been out of work for 6 months and haven't even applied for government support. I'm in hiding from friends and family, and I've fallen into being dependant on my boyfriend, I'm guilt ridden and anxious all the time.
I'm going back to the doctors today if I can force myself.

When I was a kid I lived with my 2 siblings and bpd/alcoholic single mum, I feel like this has had an effect on me, however I'm 22 years old and I've never been out of employment or education for more than a few weeks before.

I find it hard to work with timeframes, I get anxious and procrastinate, as a result of which I've lost a lot of jobs.

I have a high iq and a talent for painting portraits in oils, but I clearly have no use in the practical sense or at least no use to any employer.
>>
>>17152571
Realizing that I was being controlled by my hatred, and that I was no freer or better than the vapid and emotionally driven society I detested. I know this sounds like a platitude, but the external world isn't good or bad. It just is, and anything short of taking advantage of whatever opportunities it gives you is a waste of the limited time we have here.

>>17152578
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

>>17152591
Not really, I used to self-medicate with nicotine and alcohol but currently don't use either.

>>17152593
I used to have horrible anxiety. Running, minimizing internet use, and intentionally putting myself in social situations have all helped.
>>
>>17152683
How much do you use the internet now, and how much you use it before?
>>
What's your story, OP?
>>
Whats yer job, OP?

Would moving to Seattle, or anywhere in Oregon, Washington or Idaho be a good idea?
>>
So I cut back on around 90% of my internet. I turned to booze. Is there any hope for me?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.