[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Esteem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: E B I N M E N E S.png (59KB, 250x149px) Image search: [Google]
E B I N M E N E S.png
59KB, 250x149px
How have you people improved your self esteem and confidence? Got any success stories or advice or anything else you want to share? Post here.

Instead of getting down on ourselves and each other let's be positive and supporting.

>not so good stuff in life got me down
>gained literally over 100 pounds
>life went even shittier
>figured out how to personally eat better
>visibly lost weight
>other people notice
>have to continually cut new holes in my belt
>pants that were too small now bunch up around the waist

For the first time in almost a decade I am comfortable walking around without a shirt
Feels gud man
>>
>>17149176
yes i have my own story

>in in highschool
>late bloomer
>shorter than everyone
>weighed 100 lbs as a freshman
>shit on constantly, but laughed it off
>time rolls on
>friends start losing their hair
>they're all fat now
>me looking better by the day
>start to realize i'm better than all of them

and here we are
>>
I did things that made me feel good about myself.

I got a job, made some friends and am now learning how to gain real confidence in my actions.
>>
i did, but then it all fell apart and got even worse when i started hanging around with horrible abusive people. no idea how to fix things at this point.
>>
>>17149176
Had puberty late, so I was a skinny lanklet for a long time, now I'm 6'7", athletic while doing shit and deep bass voice.
Also getting a gf was pretty important for my self esteem, she thought I was out of her league, while I thought the opposite
>>
You'll hear it again and again but work out. It doesn't really matter too much what you do but make sure you get some serious exercise regularly.

Exercise=better body, better mind and more energy at the cost of time and maybe a small amount of money. It's one of the best investments you can make for yourself.

Sort out your clothes and your look. Ask female friends for advice or research what looks good. Make sure you're up to date with what you wear because it leaves a lasting impression.

Practice. Try chatting to people you see in your life, maybe quick conversations with people in the street (may not be appropriate depending where you live), the people serving you in shops.

Recognise what your personality flaws are and either change them, or accept them and work around them.

For example, I thought I came across as a loser when I chatted with people so I watched a lot of videos of interesting people and confident people and picked up small tips here and there. I incorporated a lot of their techniques into my own speech and practiced with people I met.

On the flipside I'm massively narcissistic and I hate being around people for too long, which I've accepted and so I let people know that I need space if they start to bother me and I don't give away to people just how self obsessed I am, I do it in private.

Baby steps.
>>
I started lifting and got a job that required me talking to a lot of people. The combination worked like a charm.
>>
File: Capture.png (284KB, 1092x764px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
284KB, 1092x764px
I think one big important thing to know is that confidence is built from successes. You see that you're succeeding and that improves the image you have of yourself, witnessing these improvements more indepthly builds confidence.

Also, aging. As you age you experience more and more to life, so you're bound to view some accomplishments as "triumphs over yourself" - this witnessing of these things builds confidence as well. So be patient.

Reduce neuroticism by ways of asceticism. Meditation made me quite confident, for example, by helping to reinforce a sense of control over emotional impulses. However, it takes quite a long time to even "notice" benefits from meditation - been over a year now for me and it's been hell. Forcing control over yourself is hard, meditating is just one method (a very difficult one) to do this. Emotional control basically combats negative feelings which cause negative interpretations of the self, which cause low self-esteem/confidence. Look into meditating and asceticism if you want to go "above and beyond" yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.