[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't wake up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: hellp.png (693KB, 5000x5897px) Image search: [Google]
hellp.png
693KB, 5000x5897px
Quite literally I often cannot wake up on time. I've actually turned off alarms in my sleep before and often just cannot hear them.
The hours I sleep make virtually no difference, I've woken up at 12 PM after going to bed at 8 PM and 8 AM after about an hour of sleep.
This hasn't fucked my life just yet but I really need to figure out how to stop this before it does. Would it be medically safe to rig a shock collar as my alarm or something similar?
>>
You might have some brain damage, I would go talk to a doctor
>>
How long do you tend to regulate your sleep for, and how often are you attempting to change your schedule?

What kind of environment are you in before you go to sleep? What typically occurs in during the time in which you are sleeping? Have you considered recording yourself sleep to see if there aren't outside factors contributing to your unrestfulness? When you wake up, do you immediate get up, or lie in bed for a bit? How is your blood pressure? Do you drink large quantities of caffeine, or consume lots of simple carbs?
>>
Well this is a problem I face daily, I turn off alarm after alarm and later regret it, and the only things that have helped me are one , to drink a ton of water before sleep, to haveore urges to pee in the morning, and the other one is to sleep a nap before actually going to bed, like a 15 or 20 min nap, it doesn't make me getting up early a whole lot easier, but it certainly helps
>>
File: aeeagh.png (42KB, 173x162px) Image search: [Google]
aeeagh.png
42KB, 173x162px
>>17146884
I tried regulation for about a month, tried to wake up at 7:00 AM every morning and going to bed at 10-11:00 PM. Had essentially no effect.
I wake up feeling bad every day, ranging from "ugh" to pic related. I drink caffeine in the morning on the days I have classes. Finals are over and I'm applying for jobs right now. So I have some time to figure this out.
My blood pressure is pretty good I assume, I have a base heartrate of about 65 and do cardio quite regularly. I weigh 165, lost about 100 Ibs over the last year due to regular exercise and a healthy diet.
>>
For the short term, some tips from a narcoleptic:

Set multiple louder alarms, as loud as you can make them. If you still don't hear them, get speakers. Preferable get a set with good bass so you can feel the vibration.
If you need to, rig the alarm so that the source (phone, comp) is in the opposite end of the house/apt and the speakers are next to your bed.
Get a couple of bedshakers if they help or you need to reduce noise: deaf people use them, can find online.

The trick is to get enough of an adrenaline and anxiety rush from the alarms going off to give you at least a 5/10-minute grace period before you fall back asleep: during that period, you quickly run to turn off the alarms (if you're in an apt they'll be loud enough to wake everyone) and take whatever stimulant you use in the morning: likely coffee. Then you quickly hop in the shower and shower while the stimulant takes effect (shower's one of the only places you can't easily fall asleep).

>>17146910
Tried taking melatonin and sleeping at different times of the day?
How long has this been going on exactly?
>>
>>17146922
I've always been a heavy sleeper and it's just gotten continually worse from there. I don't sleep for any given length but while I'm asleep it's like I'm dead, I don't dream, it's like being covered in a lead coffin. Sometimes I'm aware of my alarm while I'm asleep but I can't make myself move.
Thanks for the tips, I'll try them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.