[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoiled Teen/Adult Siblings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mercy me.jpg (466KB, 915x1437px) Image search: [Google]
mercy me.jpg
466KB, 915x1437px
How do you guys deal with this? I have siblings who are 15(sister) and 17(brother) and they are some of the most entitled people I know. I'm 21 and graduating from college next month with a solid degree and a job. I plan to move out soon after graduating, but in the meantime I'm going crazy.

My siblings don't cook, clean (their rooms, bathrooms, anything), do good in school, or even have much going on. Sister just watches Netflix and reads YA and brother just plays ps4 until like 3am every night. I try to do my part and clean up, but when you have an additional 2 other people who eat a lot and don't want to help, it's a big job.

I love my parents, but they can be rather spineless when it comes to this and so this behavior has only gotten worse. They also dislike when I try to take authority so I just clean and help in the background while sticking to my business.

Has anyone ever gone through this before? What worked for you?
>>
>>17144187
Bumpo
>>
>>17144373
fuck them, if your parents are too spineless to raise their kids then leave them alone to suffer once you're out of there.
>>
>>17144187
You live with teenagers, congratulations. Unless these are really bad examples, you've got very little to complain about.
>>
>>17144379
Yeah, I figured. This is what I planned on doing. I just want to know if there's anything I could do besides csrry my weight and pitch in here and there.

>>17144406
They throw tantrums and don't help at all. Everyone I knew went through a "i hate my parents :(" phase, but everyone I knew still cleaned up after themselves and didn't trash everything in site.

Example: my sister once left a cup of ranch dressing in her room for a week. What the fuck?
>>
>>17144187
i know i was a slob until i moved into college. the confined space and constant fear of strangers checking out my place did wonders for me

give it time, life will figure it out
>>
>>17144432
Dude.

You are the one who needs to do some expectation management here. That's pretty typical teenage behavior.
>>
>>17144187

They are teenagers OP, glad to hear that you're doing well, but they are teenagers, it's normal behavior and you ought to let it be.
>>
>>17144435
>>17144438
>>17144444
I guess it's just because I never behaved this poorly, same for all my friends.

Maybe it's gettig to me recently because it's almost over. Can't wait to live in a clean house where I don't have to worry about piss all over the toilet.
>>
File: 1461539915273.gif (119KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461539915273.gif
119KB, 640x360px
>>17144406
>>17144435
>>17144438
>>17144444

Not OP but I sure as shit wasn't allowed to act like a brat when I was a kid and my parent weren't even hard asses.

>>17144458
No offense OP but it sound like shitty parenting. They'll probably straighten up when the real world hits them though and since you'll be out of there soon I wouldn't worry about it. Also, some kids are entitled pricks no matter what you or your family does, sadly.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.