[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>scheduled to start work at 5pm Get call at 9am from manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1461996609205.jpg (32KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1461996609205.jpg
32KB, 500x359px
>scheduled to start work at 5pm
Get call at 9am from manager to come in at 12pm because it's busy.
>oh shit. Get my shit together and head to work at 1130.
>Get a call halfway to work (1130am) telling me to come in at 2pm instead.

What the fuck. Can employers do this? Am I just in showing up to work and telling them to fuck off? I live in California btw
>>
NEVER answer work calls when you're off
they try to pull this shit all the time
>>
Is it a union shop? If so, the odds are good you're guaranteed 4 hours if you actually come in (i.e., if you get there and they don't need you, you can say "fuck you, I want my 4")

Depending on your industry, early calls must be anywhere from 12-24 before the start time.

>Safety coordinator at a silver mine
>>
Unfortunately, no. There's nothing to protect you. But I don't know if there's some case you could make for ignorance if they can't prove that you were able to answer your phone and didn't like >>17143638 said.
>>
>>17143638
This. If you give them this one time, they will abuse it a thousand times over. You also wont get that "raise" for it either.
>>
If you work at some shithole, they can probably get away with it. If you work at some established business or have a union, pretty sure they cant yank you around like that. But it really depends on the labour laws/agreement of your workplace
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.