[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished a job interview at a bar. I applied to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1449895857947.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1449895857947.gif
2MB, 300x290px
So I just finished a job interview at a bar. I applied to be a cook.

The interview was very odd to me. When I go there, we shook hands introduced ourselves normally, Then, he asked me how much I wanted to work, time available to start, times preferred to work, and asked about pay.

After that, he basically just gave me a rundown of the job. Told me it was fairly easy, and that as long as I showed up and was willing to work any part of the kitchen I'd be good. He said it was a pretty laid back place.

Then he asked if I had any questions, told me he'd be hiring one person for sure this week and more in the near future. He said he'd contact me no later than Wednesday and that was it.

No questions about me, my experience, character or anything. I tried to say some stuff about my old job here and there that would make me good for this, but I really didn't get much chance to say a lot.

Have I been bamboozled? Or is it just an easy interview for an easy job?
>>
>>17126596
That usually means they're desperate. They'll take anybody.
>>
Hate to say this but most likely he already has decided who to hire. Guy gave you the interview out of courtesy.
>>
>>17126596
>I applied to be a cuck.

Mate, you read the application wrong...
>>
>>17126596

i once walked into a restaurant, said my friend matt (The barback) said they were hiring. they said they are hiring busboys. they immediately gave me a shirt and an application. that was it.

bars arent known for really good food. its assumed you can figure out how to cook a patty or fry some fries. its mostly pre made stuffm nothings really from scratch.

so when they do interviews its mostly to get a feel for you. letting you talk would interfere, they want to see how you react to a fast paced setting. and that interview was that.

good luck either way.
>>
>>17126596
I had a fast food job where all I had to do was send an email saying I was interested, then the GM when I came to meet her came out and laid out the rules, and made appointment with me to fill out paperwork. Had that job for 5 months.

It happens. Sometimes they just need people right away and don't care about letting the person get jittery.
>>
>>17126596

They ask about all that stuff to see if you can fit in their schedule

The first month or even weeks or maybe couple of days will be your trial.

Owners of bars are typicallyn good judges of characters (or so they think) so your first impression is more important than CV

This isn't a management position at the institute of foreign affairs. It's just a fucking food creator position.

If you flunk or fail there are millions more to take your place.
>>
>>17126596

>No questions about me, my experience, character or anything.
>Have I been bamboozled?

You don't need an abundance of character or experience to melt cheese and cook french fries in a bar.

If you weren't insane, you showered, and you showed up on time that was probably good enough for him.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.