[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat person asks:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1434475382912s.jpg (9KB, 198x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434475382912s.jpg
9KB, 198x250px
How do I stop eating food all the time?
>>
Keep less food around so you can't just eat automatically out of boredom. Eat less calorie dense foods like vegetables to fill yourself up.
>>
>>17125654
Don't buy unhealthy food, make it unnavailable to you. Get 5 portions of fruit and veg a day so you have less of an apoetite for junk food
>>
This is going to sound stupidly obvious but i'm gonna tell ya what worked for yours truly.

Every time you're about to eat something, STOP and ask yourself if you're..

A. actually hungry?

B. is it good for you?
>>
>>17125654
Just don't buy it.
>>
learn to hate your fat and feel guilty for being fat and then you'll be motivated enough to work it off
>>
>>17125654
Get some willpower.
>>
>>17125699
>>17125719
>>17125724
These, making food unavailable to you is the best way to avoid it. Never use a card at food places, but never carry cash with you, to avoid eating when you're out as well.
>>
>>17125790
If OP can't stop shoving shit down his throat whenever he see foods,food isn't the real problem.
>>
>>17125790
>Never use a card at food places, but never carry cash with you, to avoid eating when you're out as well.
This. Leave your card at home.
>>
>>17125654
get healthier things to eat like fruits instead of fat food.
drink a lot of water.
>>
Fast for a week. Food won't be as desirable
>>
>>17125654
Willpower and knowing the reasons for overeating.
>>
>>17125755
Making this made me isolate myself because Im ashamed of every aspect of my body and lack of motivation, and I literally start to tremble and cry when I see my reflection or a pic for more than a few seconds. I get self concious when people look at me and I cant follow a diet properly because Ill have burts of hunger/anger/lack of control during which ill just say fuck it and eat everything, or hurt myself for distraction

Id say to do the other way round.
Learn how to fucking love yourself, because then you wont have trouble using health or your ideal aesthetic as motivation. Liking how you look, even if you are fat, doesnt mean you cant want to change. It just means you arent being negativelly affected by how you are now. A healthy person should have enough ambition to want to be/look/fell better even if they dont are/look/feel bad at all.
>>
>>17126011
I'm pretty sure you already heard that many time,but you need to man up,only you can fix the mistakes you've done.
I'm not gonna lie,it's not easy,but if you put enough effort and dedication into getting in a better shape,you'll see in the end it's worth it.
>>
Develop a fat fetish, problem solved.
>>
>>17126060
Straight kill yourself mate,fat fetish is degeneracy.
>>
>>17126064
There's that word again. Back to your containment board.
>>
>>17126075
keep telling yourself that,but obesity a disease,if it's your fetish to fuck obese women,you're supporting this disease,and that's just wrong.
>>
I lost over 100lb. One day I was like "naw I'm sick of this" so I just stopped buying crap food and stopped eating crap food. Once you have it fixed in your head that what you want is basically what will make you happy then it is fucking easy.

It is a bit like quitting smoking when you don't really want to. Or stopping drinking for the concerns of another. You've got to want to sort this issue out. Once you can do that why would you eat crap food against your own will?

I'd say that the mentality of depravation and punishment born of hating yourself isn't actually worthwhile in the long run. Instead of telling yourself you don't deserve this 'treat', this "woe is me, I'm always so bad" bullshit just tell yourself why would a treat be to sabotage what you want to achieve?

Expressing your will in a confident manner to enable you to meet the goals which you've set yourself is actually treating yourself. Setting goals and targets and meeting or exceeding them is actually rewarding and motivating. You aren't missing out on shit except the opportunity to fuck yourself over on what you claim to want, so rejoice in your suffrage. You are gifting yourself what you actually want.

Bad attitudes towards food can be an addictive behaviour with a host of physical dependencies and psychological dependencies backing it up. You need to unpick and understand these and tell yourself that it doesn't actually feel good to destroy and deprive yourself from what you actually claim to want. If you want it that is, you might simply be feeling sorry for yourself and be unwilling to tackle it right now and that is fine, but don't fucking lie to yourself or others about it. You've got to want to change.
>>
>>17125654
Former ham planet here. In direct response to your question:
Eat carrots instead
Eat 2 salads a day
Drink more water
Drink fresh smoothies

Also walking and some kind of light excessive to start. Went from almost 300 to 142
>>
Count calories. Every single thing you eat either count the calories or estimate them, then add them up to ~2000 or so every day, then stop. Keep less food around you too and buy tv dinners because those are prepackaged small meals which reduce temptation to keep eating and eating like with a bag of chips
>>
Fuck willpower, that's a myth.
You gotta get creative now.
If you're like me and a total boozer, try to cut down to once a week, pure spirits at first
then once every two weeks

buy coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder, liquid sweetener
melt the coconut oil and mix that shit together
will keep your sweet tooth in check

ruled.me for some good low carb recipes
it'll get your appetite down
>>
>>17126270
>Fuck willpower, that's a myth.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>17126149
>TV dinners

No. They lack the basic nutrients that you should be getting and therefore make you more hungry.
>>
>>17126278
>hello i'm a retard who doesn't know what biochemistry is but i'm perfectly fine to shoot my mouth off like a cunt

look, i get it, you think because it's easy for you it's easy for everyone else and if they can't do it they've failed massively

if you're all about willpower how about you exercise some of it, get a fucking education and stop being an egocentric cunt?

low carb makes "willpower" easier. 'nuff said
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 600x189px)
image.jpg
63KB, 600x189px
>>17126293
Wait, do you actually not believe in willpower?
>>
>>17126301
>>17126278
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/10/05/health/scientists-unmask-diet-myth-willpower.html?pagewanted=all

look at this, first two reputable sources that contradict your claim
it took less than half a calorie to use google in this game

how could you have so little self-discipline?
or do you find it fun to be a hypocrit?
>>
>>17126303
http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/05/willpower-is-the-wrong-way-to-think-about-weight.html

here's another one. willpower or adhering to the outdated idea is the wrong way to go about losing weight and it's efficacy certainly hasn't been reflected on our current society
>>
the willpower to lose weight is as simple as one morning eating half a zucchini stuffed with ham and cheese

assuming you don't get gastritis that you confuse for hunger pangs I GUARANTEE you won't want to eat for hours afterward
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x193px)
image.jpg
60KB, 600x193px
>>17126303
>>17126307
I read those and they are not good. I'm quite knowledgable of psychology and all that went into their arguments, but it's bullshit. It's basically the same old "free will is a lie" argument that has no proof to back it up.

Sure, you can think of everyone as a billiard ball bouncing around in his own environment and falling back into same old habits by sheer chance/environmental influence/genetic background/upbringing but none of that discredits the power of human will. I used to be suicidally depressed and over time I beat it on my fucking own (without drugs or therapy) with nothing but willpower and religion (which also isn't some miracle drug).

Willpower is very real, and just because it makes you feel bad about yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist
>>
>>17126293
>since I cannot control myself, I regard willpower as something that doesn't exist despite many people being able to
>>
discipline mothafucka

do you have it?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x195px
>>17126389
It's what is known as an external locus of control, blaming the environment and outside forces for your own behaviors and achievements or lack thereof
>>
just stop and let your stomach shrink back to normal
>>
>>17126404
It doesn't totally negate the fact that some people were raised with or developed or are predisposed to poor impulse control due to quirks of brain chemistry or habituation.

What is very simple for another might be more difficult for someone else on another extreme of natural variation. Doesn't make it impossible though.

Human will is kind of fucking insane at least in the short term. You can even get all masochistic and develop an ideology which gains strength from your suffering. As always perspective rules the roost when it comes to these things.

Fat people crying because they can't stop eating junk food while claiming to want to stop eating junk food and being unable to rationally process the emotional fallout that comes from such self deception. I'd argue that people who claim to want something, yet self sabotage against what most would consider a fairly normal level of adversity are basically deflecting responsibility and trying to empower themselves through gathering pity. Like you said, empowering a false external authority which somehow is all powerful and has agency over your actions and thoughts beyond your own. Ultimately it is a childish failure to own your own thoughts and actions due to fear and the inability to admit you just really like the odd hit of dopamine that comes from your self destructive self pitying behaviour. Admit you don't fucking want it badly enough.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.