[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my mom is dying of cancer but i dont feel sad. why is that? i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1383664817361.gif (951KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1383664817361.gif
951KB, 350x280px
my mom is dying of cancer but i dont feel sad. why is that? i love my mom but i cant seem to feel anything right now.
>>
what advice are you looking for exactly?
>>
My mother died of cancer too.

Same thing happened to me at first.

It will eventually hit you hard and cripple you for months and then completely change your personality forever

Everything about life becomes a shade duller after your parents pass

Spend as much time with her as possible while you still can
>>
>>17124837

do you live with her? if not how long have you been living on your own? how often do you visit her?
>>
>>17124853
exactly this. you're just numb right now OP. also my condolences.
>>
File: 2015-12-29_00006.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_00006.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>17124853
i hate to see her the way she is right now. and shes fucking young too. 40 years old. i visited her today for mothers day and she started to cry when we talked. i felt shitty and helpless but i couldent cry or show any emotion.
>>
youre in shock.

it will hit you like a brick wall later on mate. im sorry
>>
File: 1452221454241.png (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452221454241.png
620KB, 1920x1080px
>>17124858
im 21 in community college so i live with her, but now she is in the hospital for a lot of surgery
>>
>>17124869

interesting. its hard to say. for most people they move away, they start hteir own lives and their mom becomes almost like an annoyance, like taxes. something you gotta take care of here and there but when they die you're not too concerned cuz your life is the same.

you're there with her, so its hard to say. perhaps it hasnt hit you yet. reality doesnt always sink in. perhaps you are stronger. or perhaps you are more numb. or perhaps you are just content with the time you spent with her, or perhaps you just arent htat close to her.
>>
>>17124864

Go see her ever single day

You don't have to say do anything special. Just hold her hand, tell her you love her, and be there
>>
File: 1448058236854.jpg (465KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448058236854.jpg
465KB, 500x500px
>>17124881
she is expected to come home soon. all of the family is praying she can come home. but i do plan to spend more time with her.
>>
File: IMG_1937.png (777KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1937.png
777KB, 640x1136px
>>17124879
it could be a combination of all of those. she was always at work growing up so i didnt see much of her. but regardless shes my mom and i love her so i should feel something.
>>
>>17124900
it's because she's actually alive right now
just imagine future you looking back at this moment
he'll be motherless for decades and decades to come
he'll feel some type of way
he'll feel different from you right now
once she passes it will hit you
i mean how exactly should you react to hearing your parents are dying?
your psyche is still in shock, but trust senpai, when it hits, it will hit
best of luck
>>
It's depression

The lack of emotion is one of the deepest kinds of depression.

Work out.

Eat right

Spend time

Accept the fact

And plan for the funeral
>>
>>17124853
This, OP.

Mine died of cancer a year ago and I regret not having spent the last says with her. All my family was there except me.

I couldnt compute the fact that my mother was going to die and i will never see her again.
And then it happened. It hit me like a wrecking ball and found myself wandering the street at night staring at the sky, getting picked up at late hours. For some time I went crazy, oversocializing, promiscuous and reckless behaviour.

It changed me forever. Now i veer between the numb/empty and the angry/reckless type.
Gosh this thread and writing this made me tear up...

I'm sorry OP. Go hug and kiss her
>>
My Mom died of cancer. It was fun everybody idolizes you. That's why its not sad, unless you were her favorite kid and/or she loved you a lot
>>
>>17124866
this.
>>
>>17125013
Wrong assumption. Solid advice though.
>>
>>17124837
It will hit you eventually. Just don't feel guilty for not being able to cry or be completely devastated, it's not an obligation.. You obviously care, or you wouldn't be posting here. She doesn't expect you to be dramatic, just be there for her.

Also, I'm sorry that this is happening to you.
>>
>>17124837
My mum died from lung cancer on the 24th of september last year (it was her 59th birthday). I was much the same as you OP, in that it took a long time to actually "sink in". You see everything that's happening, but in much the same way that you think jumping off the roof in to a kiddie pool is a good idea when you're drunk you just stand there like "nah, it'll be fine, it always is".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.