[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I balance my relationship with my employer? I work as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1445271741247-1.png (8KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445271741247-1.png
8KB, 640x480px
how do I balance my relationship with my employer?

I work as a waiter, and it's getting unreasonable
I'm getting the worst shifts time after time, when there are other people who are perfectly able to do them

I don't want to look like I'm unwilling to work, but it's unfair

>have a double today, and the mothers day lunch shift tomorrow
>my boss swaps my dinner shift today, for the dinner shift tomorrow with no notice
>tells me to have the night off and go out for a drink
>then tells me to come in early tomorrow
>that means I am working a double on mothers day (8:30-4, 6-10)
>for those who don't know, it's the second worst day in the year for restaurant staff
>having a shift that day is awful, having a double is really rough, especially for wait staff because unlike the kitchen there are more front of house you can bring in to avoid giving anyone a double
>I'l be awake 16 hours, working 12

do I go to my co-workers or my boss for help?
>inb4 just quit, I live in the real world where jobs don't grown on trees
>>
also the boss takes half our tips at the end of each day; and the kitchen doesn't get any at all

(we make a living wage in australia, so the tips are really an extra, but it's extraordinarily dishonest and by no means the norm)
>>
Keep working there until you find another job. Can you pass a drug test? Great go work for a bank as a teller. Drivers license? Go do deliveries. Either that or work in a warehouse. Also go to college. All starter jobs are shit.
>>
>>17117998
I just inb4'd that man

you can't just quit a unfair job in the real world, regardless of what google of your dad tells you

unemployment is high, the unions are bloated and useless, labor law is clear but it's not enforced, and I rely on the income

there simply are no jobs, I'm lucky to have one to begin with
>>
>>17118518
If you don't want real advice, then why are you here? You already apparently know what all your choices are. If you absolutely can't find any other job in your entire city (lol wut) then your choices are 1) suck it up or 2) see if any of your coworkers want some of your shifts but if not, see 1. That's it. Your boss obviously doesn't give a damn, so I wouldn't bother complaining to him unless you want no shifts/fired. That's it.
>>
>>17118553
Listen to this anon
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.