[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents too uptight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160503_111139.jpg (203KB, 1024x1196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160503_111139.jpg
203KB, 1024x1196px
Parents don't let me lock door. Say it's for "safety" I want privacy/extracurricular activites. Advice?
Pic not related
>>
Do they walk in unannounced? If not, what's the problem?
>>
Yea, all the time
>>
>>17114974
Do you pay them rent? If not, you own nothing and live inder their roof and their rules. Move out f you don't like it.
>>
>>17114982
Then move out.
>inb4 excuses why you can't
>>
>>17114974

They're trying to keep you from masturbating. You need to summon your inner insanity wolf and up the ante.

Masturbate anyway, and let them walk in on you a few times and be chill about it. They'll learn to knock.
>>
Underage get out.
>>
>>17114983
This is retarded and toxic. He is their child and as such he is entitled to have basic amenities if it is possible for them to give. Certainly ones that would help him grow and mature. Having privacy and your own safe space is fundamental to achieving sense of self and self worth.

Only fucking idiots don't understand that.
>>
>>17114974
Jerk off in the shower or under your blanket. Make sure your monitor faces away from the door. If you do anything else you don't want them to see, do it when they're not home or when you know they're busy with something else. Suggest they wear cow bells.
>>
>>17115037
If he hasn't earned the privilege of privacy then he doesn't deserve it. And it is a privilege and not a right for as long as he's living under their roof. Widdle Timmy can move out if he doesn't like it, and then he can have all the privacy he can find.
>>
>>17115037
Children are not "entitled" to door locks.
>>
File: 13oyye[1].jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
13oyye[1].jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>17114974

This is for you OP.
>>
>>17115045
He is child and their responsibility is to help him grow as a strong and independent human being. Making your children "earn" everything is retarded beyond human capabilities, it's very toxic concept. Having privacy and your own space is fundamental to growing as a strong happy individual. I guess you didn't have such "privilege" when you grew up.

>>17115049
Children are enitled to privacy and having safe, secure space.
>>
They can't stop you from locking your door. You can't stop them from picking the lock either -indoor locks are often trivial to pick, by design- but you CAN force them to do that if they want to keep barging in. Actions matter: this is about drawing a line and daring them to cross it. Most parents, when pressed, will back down.
>>
>>17115058
It's their house they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>17114983
Not the OP anon, but my parents have both stolen my identity and used used my state-issued email to impersonate me to people.

I want to move out (I'm even employed) but literally can't afford to (and wouldn't pass the credit check for any decent apartment since they ruined my credit when they stole my identity). It's toxic as fuck being stuck living with people you don't even want to see anymore, especially when they've done stuff to hinder you being able to just leave.

>Inb4 get a better job.

I'm looking, but I've been turned down for anything in the area that pays enough for me to move out that doesn't require a degree, and I can't afford to finish school either.
>>
>>17115055
Then he should be independent and go outside, where he doesn't have to worry about door locks.

>>17115068
Your situation is entirely different from OP. OP has traditional parents with reasonable rules for their house. Yours are literally crazy and destructive. OP should chill out, you should go to the authorities.
>>
>>17115065
>It's their house they can do whatever they want.
Of course they can. But there's the weakness: they have to want to do it.

I compared the lock with a line in the sand for a reason. The point of a line in the sand isn't to make a barrier that the other side cannot cross. It's only a line in the sand: all you have to do is step over it. The point of a line in the sand is to make a barrier the other side doesn't WANT to cross. Sure, OP's parents want to barge in, but are they willing to pick a lock to do it? Sure, it's their legal right -it's their house- but they may still not want to take that step.
>>
>>17115084
So they'll take the door off. That will solve that problem. Unless OP is underage b&, this is probably something that his parents are doing to get him to move out.
>>
>>17115084
What is this pseudo intellectual bullshit? The adults who pay the rent or mortgage make the rules. "No locks on your door" is a very standard rule, and if the kid doesn't like it he can negotiate for the privilege or mope about it.
>>
>>17115052
Its been too long sense Ive seen some insanity wolf. Thank you anon/
>>
>>17115065
>>17115090
>>17115098
Well, I think we are touching important question about upbringing. Becuase parents as hell can do all this things but the question is if they should. To my knowledge hiper controling parents that don't allow their children privacy, their own place and sense of security (even from themselves) tend to raise insecure, frightened adults that have difficulties managing themselves later in life.

It's not psuedo-intellectual as this anon says >>17115098
it's just intellectual but I guess he can't process it. It's simple education of your children.

You should want to raise your children with a healthy sense of self, self-worth and to do that you need to (among other things) provide them with sense of security and being able to have their own place.
>>
>>17115418
Children do not draw lines in the sand. Children should not bite the hands that feed them, lest they go hungry. Knowing when to fight and when not to is a part of education.
>>
>>17114984
Not op, but he really could have some valid reasons for being at home, ie university.

Not everyone that lives at home is a uneducated fat fuck. I mean I have an uncle who lives with his mom because she has Alzheimer's and he takes care of her.

His parents should probably learn to knock in case he is spanking it. For the benefit of both parties.
>>
>>17115565
OP sounds like a 15 year old. An adult would have spoken with his parents about that issue, like an adult.
>>
>>17114983
>>17115045
>>17115049
>>17115065
I feel really bad for whatever children you guys have. I mean it, like the other guy said, this sounds like an incredibly toxic attitude towards raising your kids.
>>
>>17115780
I agree with this too
>>17115614
Some parents refuse to discuss, belive it or not
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.