[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My best friend died last halloween at a young age, she was wearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: little-black-bat.jpg (12KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
little-black-bat.jpg
12KB, 600x399px
My best friend died last halloween at a young age, she was wearing a bat wing headband that day

Would it be a bad idea to get a little tattoo bat on my inner wrist as a memento mori so that I can be reminded to be more like her/live life to the fullest/how lucky I am to be alive/that I'm beautiful because she thought so?

Or will people think it's a remnant of an edgy phase
>>
get it on your head like a headband you fucking doofus. christ
>>
>>17113293
Depends how close you were
When I get a tat just think
'When Im a filthy decrepid 90 yr old and probs living in an OAP home will it still be worth it'
Some tats will-some wont-you need to make the choice
>>
Just get a tear tattoo on the side of one of your eyes
>>
I'm sorry for your loss, but as with any tattoo, if you feel a need to ask other people whether it's a bad idea, then it is. These things have to come from you, and you need to be completely sure.
>>
>I want to get a tattoo to remember death
you're in an edgy phase. people will think that and they'll be right.
>>
>>17113293
Don't get it on your wrist. Don't ever get a tat that won't be completely covered in normal clothing while standing before a judge or person doing the hiring.
>>
>>17113293
You can remember and honor your friend without a tattoo, and I'm sure your friend can be better represented than with a bat. Does a bat really summarise their life and existence sufficiently?

Furthermore, tattoos are looked down upon for the most part and are seen as tacky unless it's a cultural thing (Pacific Islanders, for example).

"But it's personal! It has meaning!" - then get something personal, and not public, as a memento or get a bat necklace or something. You don't want to become a doctor or a executive of some company with a bat wing tattooed on your wrist.
>>
>>17113334
I don't romanticise death, I'm just having an existential crisis and don't want to waste any more of my life. I want something that will shock me into not wasting whatever time I have.

>>17113335
But I need it to be somewhere I see all time, since it's a reminder
>>
>>17113338
But I can't see a bat necklace all the time

It's not a commemoration it's a reminder to not waste time
>>
>>17113347
>It's not a commemoration it's a reminder to not waste time
So you're already aware. Great. How will a tattoo make you any more aware? Will you wake up one morning, look at your wrist and be like "Oh shit, I almost forgot to be aware today"

This is already sounding pretty emo and edgy. Nobody in this topic has yet condoned you getting this tattoo but it sounds as though you still want to. You didn't really want advice, did you? You just wanted confirmation for what you thought was a good idea and now when you're getting feedback that this is a horrible idea you're resisting.
>>
>I'm just having an existential crisis
>I want something that will shock me into not wasting whatever time I have.
edgie
>>
>>17113367
I'm not aware all the time.

I'm not, I'm just challenging the idea that it's bad to see if it stands up
>>
>>17113345

Bro just get it if you want to. You shouldn't be asking other people to make this decision 4U.
>>
>>17113367

Don't listen to this douche bro, it's your friends, your life, your body, don't let strangers be the deciding factor
>>
>>17113376
>I'm not aware all the time.
You also won't notice the tattoo all the time. I say this as someone with a tattoo that I've had for about 16 years. It eventually becomes so much a part of you that it may as well be a mole. At least I had the foresight to place it high up on my arm that it can be covered with anything except a tank top.
>>
File: 1387357076468.jpg (48KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
1387357076468.jpg
48KB, 600x730px
>>17113293

>Would it be a bad idea to get a little tattoo bat on my inner wrist as a memento

Get it if you want to. All this "WILL IT BE WORTH IT WHEN IM 90?" tattoo shit is pointless. You'll be 90, you won't give a fuck about anything.

People cope in all different kinds of ways and its no ones place to tell you your mechanism is stupid because if it works for you it works.

If thats how you want to remember her then go for it. I have "STAY CALM" tattooed on my knuckles because its always a daily reminder for me to relax and keep my anxiety in check because its something I struggle with. Whenever I look at my hands I take a deep breath and it actually helps. "edgy" or not, I don't give a shit. If people don't like it they don't have to talk to me/hire me, whatever.

Do what you want, dude. Don't let anybody, especially these 4chan bottom feeders, sway your decision either way.
>>
as someone with a tattoo I regret I would say don't do it. Its permanent and what you may think is a good idea now may not seem like such a good idea in the future. Also the tattoo artist may not make the tattoo like you were thinking it may end up badly. Also I got a tattoo and what I wanted the tattoo artist didn't do but im glad now because it would have looked really stupid. I went to get it removed but the problem is I think the artist went to deep with the needle and the ink may not come out. So now I may be forced to live with this thing. Also removal is really hard and expensive you see these videos and tattoo removal pictures on the internet and its not as rosy as it seems. If you were to try to remove it it may end up hypopigmented and may not remove all the ink. So I would suggest not getting a tattoo. Also it may end up as a bad reminder. ive heard of people who have gotten tattoos for reminders of peoples deaths that wish they haddent. It may be a constant reminder of death or something. Also you may end up with something like the Bacardi bat or batman instead of what you were thinking.
>>
File: download.png (567KB, 783x876px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
567KB, 783x876px
>>
>>17113293
Having a tat like that just screams to me that you are showing off that you care about your friend.

But that's just my opinion. Just a note though, if you have to get a tat for every single major event that happened in your life there won't be enough skin left for you to mark.
>>
Tattoos are pretty permanent a concept I didn't quite get through my head when I got mine. I may end up having this thing till the day I die and it doesn't feel like it represents what I thought it would now its just a bad reminder of a hasty decision I made.
>>
>>17113433
>have tats
>"If people don't like it they don't have to talk to me/hire me, whatever. "
>calling other bottom feeders

kek
>>
oh and removal can cost thousands of dollars. When you see the price quoted for removal and it says 50 or a 100 bucks that's just for one session and you will need multiple sessions. Something I was unaware of.
>>
>>17113433
So, just looking at things objectively and without judgement or opinion, the trade-off here was writing two words on your hands to remind yourself to calm down at the cost of social interaction and jobs?
>>
>>17113493
What is it if you don't mind saying
>>
File: 1418787307506.gif (499KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1418787307506.gif
499KB, 300x188px
>>17113525

>the trade-off here was writing two words on your hands to remind yourself to calm down at the cost of social interaction and jobs?

I have a great job, I own my own business and work part time in private security. I have plenty of friends, a house, a car, a girlfriend and an admittedly lame, but personally fulfilling music career.

I didn't pay any cost, not in my eyes. I make decisions in my life and accept the consequences for those decisions. No matter what you do some people will find a reason not to like you for it. I worked in a piercing/tattoo shop for many years, toured in bands, dropped out of college blah blah blah.

Some may call me an edgy faggot for my hobbies or whatever but I've always hated office/corporate jobs and I'm well aware of the fact that my tattoos excludes me from that. I'm completely fine with that.

I've just made a conscious decision not to change the things I want to do based on how other people might perceive me for it. If people want to judge me based on a few words tattooed on my knuckles without talking to me or getting to know me then they're not people I'd want to socialize with.

I like it, it helps me, I think it looks good. That's all. I've been getting tattoos for 10 years and I don't regret a single one. They aren't for everyone though, some people don't like the concept of a permanent body alteration and I get that.

>>17113506

>"If people don't like it they don't have to talk to me/hire me, whatever. "

That doesn't apply to just tattoos. If people don't like the way I talk, act, dress, the music I listen to, the style of my hair etc., they're more than welcome to avoid me. I treat people with respect and consider myself a fairly well-adjusted individual so I don't feel like I'm missing out on socializing with anybody thats alienated because of the way I look.

>calling other bottom feeders

Yes, /adv/ is full of bottom feeders. You didn't know that?
>>
Idk I made a quick decision to get a zombie on my arm and it's been like five years and I still don't regret it. Of course I love zombies and they symbolize some personal shit to me, and my artist is a fucking god among men, so there's that.

My next tattoo I've been kicking around for a year or two now so
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.