[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hairstyle advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Background:
I am a guy

During school I had long hair (a little longer than shoulder-length) for several years.

On university I had it very short then long again. When I had it very short, I kind of liked but I had the feeling it didn't really fit my style: I was fat and where I come from, that kind of hairstyle is more of a fit guy hairstyle. (bullshit, now I know...)

Once I finished university, I kept it kind of medium length, at earlobe level, more or less. I never felt I looked GOOD, it just felt comfortable because that is what I was used to: a compromise between long hair and "adult lifestyle". Such a bullshit.

Fast foward several years, I worked out, lost weight and let my beard grow.

Last year I tried it very very short, I liked quite a bit, I felt good though I would say that it doesn't look handsome, it just looks cool (I feel badass with that hair).
Pic related, that is how I looked like but shorter beard. GF liked it.

Now, note the key moment: I had already tried this hairstyle, I had already liked, I just didn't keep it because I was a pussy controlled by stereotypes.

During the winter I let it grow back and, following GFs requests, I have been letting it grow. I mentioned to her a few times that I liked when my hair was very long and that someday I would let it grow again. I also mentioned that I like the "manbun" hairstyle. I just don't have it because people don't take guys with manbuns very seriously (you see the pattern?)

Now it is back at the former ear-length (GF likes it very much, says I look like some italian model, she overestimates my looks too much...) and I feel confused....
>>
cont...

In one hand, summer is coming and the very short hairstyle is easy to maintain and I feel good and more confident about it. I think about cutting it short at least once a week then I complain to the GF and she talks me out of doing it.

In the other hand, I feel like I am making the same mistake that I made when I didn't have it short years ago: feeling uncomfortable because if stereotypes instead of sticking to what I WANT to do.

On top of that, I live in a country where guys with long hair are very very uncommon (and frowned upon), which might be related to why the GF wants it...
>>
Bump...

Come on, let's make this a general hairstyle advice topic!
>>
Bruh
>>
>advice

Do what you want, tell gf to fuck off, she'll like what you tell her to like.

Problem solved.
>>
>>17112218
I'm also one of those *always changing their hairstyles* guys and its tough, right now I got my hair till my ears with a big beard but I'm gonna get it short again tomorow, thinking about making it spikey again
>>
File: 20160505_174909.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_174909.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>17112252
This is what I have now but I'm getting tired of the styling proces in the morning
>>
Do whatever the fuck you want when you are young enough to get away with it. If you've got straight hair eventually you'll settle on short as shit or medium on top short back and sides anyway so go nuts for now.

I had everything from ass length hair, to dreadlocks, to shaved completely, to buzzed, to an undercut, to mohawks and dye jobs.

Now that shit is short back and sides occasionally flirting with a more contemporary high blended fade or something if I feel like getting all urban. I tend to let it grow out into a bit of an indie bob in between though and I don't mind wearing it up or styling it for an occasion.
>>
>>17112266
>when you are young enough to get away with it

And once you don't??
>>
>>17112353
>If you've got straight hair eventually you'll settle on short as shit or medium on top short back and sides anyway so go nuts for now.
>>
>>17112259
First off, I know. I know. I'm gonna sound like one of those fucking wet-headed, disgusting guys. but.

Stop washing your hair so often.
Like with any "normal" thing you go from doing every day to not doing at all, the first 2 weeks are going to suck.

Use dry shampoo (basically aerosol talc) and a towel to remove any excess grease, wash once a week with either half the amount of shampoo you used before or just water and towel dry.

You will not need to do your hair every day, it will know how it's supposed to look, and will just need maintenence.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.