[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wallowing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>be me
>decide to give life another shot after some failed suicide attempts
>put a lot of effort into being more positive for a couple of weeks
>one night, I'm really exhausted from trying to get back into shape, but can't sleep
>put on some depressing music to fall asleep to (wasn't intended to be depressing initially, just happened to be the first relaxing shit to come to mind)
>fall asleep
>wake up the next morning feeling extra depressed, all I want to do is lay around drinking and listening to sad music
what the fuck? why is it so easy to fall back into a depressive mindset even when i work so hard to fix it?

tl;dr, How do you keep from enjoying the "comfort" of depression and not giving a shit about life?
>>
>>17111123
Bump
I'm in the same situation. Each time i make any effort to make my life better it lasts at best around 10 days and then i fall back into depression.

Sometimes it feels like something in my mind literally grabs me and drags me back into depression, and i'm like "please no i don't want to go back there". If it makes any sense. I guess it sounds ridicolous.
>>
>>17111123
You keep yourself busy. You alott yourself time to be depressed and then tell yourself "NO!" after that time is up.
Like, sometimes, I'd choose a day once every 2 or 3 weeks where I'd just let myself slouch back and feel sad, and then gear back up and get ready to move on.

Make a schedule. Live by that schedule. Live for working. Live for keeping yourself busy. Live for bettering yourself constantly.
>>
>>17111169
Seems risky... but probably worth giving it a go.
I guess as long as you're conscious of it you have better control over it.
cheers anon.
>>
>>17111151
Not ridiculous. I feel it's pulled me back under recently
>>
I feel the same way.

Thing is, you have to work way harder than you're actually working right now in order to change yourself.

But where you get the motivation and energy to work so hard when you're so depressed I don't know.

It's just a cycle of attempts and failures that make you go nowhere and stay depressed.
>>
>>17111211
Exactly.
The more you carry on being depressed the more hard you have to work to get your life back on track.
>>
>>17111241
*harder
Holy shit i'm failing at basic english grammar
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.