[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: AnastasiaDate_blonde.jpg (21KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
AnastasiaDate_blonde.jpg
21KB, 248x248px
My son just got suspended for been high on the am at High school. No did a lot of crap on school (felonies) but never got stoned on school. I could kick him out since he already know the consequence of screwing with school and my time. But rignt know I plan to work the crap out of him, on the gym, the yard and with the school work that we will pick up daily, am I wasting my time. He is 19 and legally I do not owe him crap. Yet I want him to succeed in life, but he seems to do not appreciate that, any perspective from stoners or parents?
>>
The pic is just for attracting viewers purpose, I do not who the handicap lady is.
>>
>considering kicking out your own son

No wonder why he smokes weed. You are a shit father.
>>
>>17106975
how can a 19 year old be in high school?
how can you fuck up so badly that you have a felony in high school?

this reads like bait
>>
>>17106975
Your son is lazy.
I used to work 70 hours a week blazed all day.
Weed ain't no thang.
>>
Ed, you're a real piece of shit
>>
Sounds like your son is pretty far gone. With no HS diploma and a criminal record he's not gonna make it on his own. If you kick him out he's gonna end up a bum.

I don't know how much success you'll have by trying to work him straight. He won't be a CEO of a company. But you might save him from bleeding to death in an alley.
>>
He needs guidance. I don't think your idea of working him hard is bad. You need to teach him about professionalism. Getting stoned isn't bad (opinion), but he needs to learn how to control his habits and only do it when his work is done and in the right setting. Be frank with him and tell him clearly in no uncertain terms.

If he fails to comply or realize what you're trying to do for him, forcing him out on his own might be the best thing to do. But in the end, you're his only father.
>>
I'm going to take OP at face value, assuming it's not bait

Hmm well from my own perspective (I'm 19 but living on my own now for two years) if someone trying to 'work me straight' I would hate them forever and maybe not run away flat out but perhaps after two months of that I would. At any rate I would be pretty emotionally scarred. I just don't want to do any manual labor at all, really. If he feels the same way, what I'm trying to say, is that he'll be really driven away from you and that's the opposite of what you want. What you want is reform, him to take his own steps to become a better person.

The way I think I would do that is charge him 100 dollars of rent, with the garuntee that he has a job (a physical pay stub). This for a number of reasons:
1. That's cheaper than anywhere else you can live. You probably want him to stick around until he can function properly, as an adult
2. It's not going to be a huge amount of a paycheck, and he'll have a bit of money to do what he wants (also a note here, weed is NOT that bad). You really don't need to control his finances. I mean he's an adult for christ's sake.
3. Having a job makes you responsible already. You have a schedule, coworkers, etc.

I would try this for a few months and if he succeeds then raise rent to 500 or something. Then he'll leave, and if he doesn't just raise it until he does. Because living in an apartment isn't shit, you just need a bit of money for utilities and rent and that's it. And at that point he'll be an adult. He's already 19, he doesn't need much babying but that doesn't mean you can't help out for a bit. You need to make it clear to him that you're doing this for him and not for yourself, since you want him to be successful

That's my advice
>>
>>17106975
So Ed, what felonies was he arrested or in trouble for??
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.