[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So im trying to move out of house asap but my housemates are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
So im trying to move out of house asap but my housemates are being problamatic about it, our lease isnt up for another 5 months so im trying to find someone to move in. Now im aware that it falls to me to find somebody new to move in, and it seems like ive found a pretty chill guy to do that, however my housemates might not like him (hes alot quieter ) and they may not be completely compatible

Now my housemates havent at all tried to help me find someone new to move in, they both believe its not their jobs to do it, even though you would think as a courtesy they would try and help me, since its not terribly hard

So if they arnt helping me find somebody, and then i find people that want to move in that they might not like, then what do i do? i need to move asap and cant just keep searching for someone who is perfect for them , especially if they make no effort to find somebody themselves

what do i do?
>>
Fuck them. I moved out on some 'friends' that abused me daily, making me spin into depression. They were very difficult towards me when I said I was leaving before the lease was up, I gave them 2 months notice. Instead of helping me advertise, they just acted passive aggressive the entire time. I managed to get a few viewings, but no one took it. I left with a guilt free conscience
>>
>>17094982

im still liable for rent though, thats money im going to be losing, so as long as someone else isnt there im getting fucked, so what do i do about that?
>>
>>17094998
That's debatable. If your name isn't first or second on the lease, it's ultimately more effort than it's worth to force you to pay
>>
>>17095056

so what, i just dont pay my share of the rent? doesnt that get me in trouble with my real estate agent?
>>
>>17095663

it can. but you arent the first person to do it, and you wont be the last, and people keep on living.

for the most part its hard to track down your rental history unless you actually list it. going to a new place seems they already accepted you. by the time you get to a new place they will be looking at this current one you're moving into, and its not like when you apply for a loan to buy a house they'll look back and say 'YOU HAD ONE ISSUE WITH A LEASE BEFORE YOU CAN NEVER BUY A HOME TROLOLOL'.

My advice? talk to your roommates. you are making a lot of assumptions here and you might not need to. your roommates probably wont care if hes too quiet as thats better than vocal but incompattible. quiet just means they keep to themselves, not much to worry about.

talk to your roommates about the 'requirements' for the subletting situation (or replacing if they will be signing you off of the lease) and say that they will have to settle for whoever you find that fits the basic criteria.
>>
>>17095687

this is the thing though, the people im trying to bring in are meeting the basic criteria

i guess what im getting at is, do they have to like who i bring in? if they dont like who i want to bring in do they get a say if they make no attempt to help me?
>>
>>17095797

>the people im trying to bring in are meeting the basic criteria

good, now have they met them / how have they reacted

>do they have to like who i bring in?

no.

>if htey dont like hwo i want to bring in do they get a say if they make no attempt to help me

yes. there is no legal options in your favor here. it sucks but its the way it is. i had a similar situation before but legally they dont have to let anyone on their elase or in their sublet.

you are the one trying to get out of a contractual obligation with them / the landlord and they are under no obligation to let you break that contract. thats the point of a contract mate.

just introduce a guy to them and see what happens. try to schedule ALL the guys to come in staggered throughout the weekend so your roommies can meet each one and make a choice.
>>
>>17095797
>>17095816

but like we said, you can always threaten to just 'not pay'. if they say 'nah we didnt like any of those guys lol' say
>well that sucks, cuz i already spent my money at the other place so you have to pick one or else you guys wont be able to pay rent

they will get mad cuz you are obligate dto pay rent... but so are they. if you refuse to pay you all get evicted. ergo, they have to make up the difference.

you are worrying too much i think. simply present them with options and see what happens. again worse case scenario you tell them that you arent paying regardless. you arent the first person to just leave, and it snot like they will sue you
>>
>>17095820

yeah i get what you are saying mate, my point was moreso if something like this gets put on my record, that i wasnt paying bills because of this issue, that i might have more roadblocks in the future if a landlord sees that info
>>
>>17095862

again, yes. you risk this appearing when someone does an extensive search. again, by the time you move in to the next place after this, it will not be an issue. one blemish in your record is not going to kill you. it will not be a roadblock, as much as a speed bump.

if oyu dont want to risk it, just stay there for another 5 months. theres no magical legal aid that wokrs in your favor here.

do your part, threaten if you have to, then make your choice based on their reactions. thats all you can do.
>>
>>17094971
Talk to the landlord. Tell him you've found a replacement and get him to take your name off the lease. Then the burden is on the housemates to accept your replacement or find their own.
>>
>>17095816

thats what im trying my best to do, but i want to move asap and its hard to get both my roomates at home at the same time, and i told them a month ago i wanted to move, so they arnt being very helpful

im afraid that they will say no to the people im bringing in, just because one of my housemates said that he doesnt want someone who isnt like them, which is making me freak out a bit because in reality they are both weirdos

desu ive already got all their signatures on the lease transfer form, i said i wouldnt send it until they meet the dude but i really dont want to play the dick card there, but they have been so unhelpful
>>
>>17095890

>already got the lease transfer signed

then congrats, you DO have that legal trump card. dont worry about it. be as nice as you can, and offer to let them simply find their own roommate if they dont like your options, etc.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.