[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get rid of acne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1457873080311.jpg (27KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
1457873080311.jpg
27KB, 415x423px
How do you get rid of acne?
>>
stop eating shit. eat clean
>>
>>17094472
literally has nothing to do with it but ok.

I eat terrible things all the time and never once had a problem with acne or any skin blemishes. I'm a god damn porcelain doll. and I'm a guy.
>>
>>17094454
Get 8 hours of sleep every night,
Drink lots of water.
Seems to work for me.
>>
>>17094454
You can also put a fresh towel over your pillow at night
>>
>>17094454
Clean and Clear
>>
>>17094477
Varies person to person. I break out terribly when I eat anything high in sodium or sugar.
>>
Do you have a tendency to touch your face?
I used to always rest my face against the palm of
my hand. I also used to break out a lot because
of that. I learned to grab the collar of my shirt
and place it between my hand and face so that
the oil doesn't come in direct contact.

Also, stop popping them with your fingers. If you
have the urge to pop a pimple, take a booby pin
that's been sterilized and poke through it to let
the puss out. Generally just don't touch your face.
>>
bump for interest
>>
The advice in this thread is godawful and probably written by people who've only dealt with mild/moderate acne in their teens.

Listen OP, I've tried just about every trick in the book. The only thing that worked for me was trial and error, finally figuring out that my acne was caused by a testosterone imbalance. I had chronic severe cystic acne, and after a decade of that shit I'm finally free of it.

I can't tell you what products/meds will work for you, but accutane (isotretinoin) should be your LAST resort.

I'd recommend developing a daily skincare routine. If nothing else, it won't do any further damage. Here's a basic, bare minimum routine you could follow:

AM
Wash with gentle cleanser (i.e. non-comedogenic)
Apply BHA/AHA (Paula's Choice is a good brand, start with a low %)
Apply moisturizer (CeraVe in the tub is a godsend and works for the large majority)
Apply sunscreen (unless you are a NEET and don't leave the house, DO NOT SKIP THIS)

PM
Same as AM, excluding sunscreen. You might want to skip BHA/AHA, depending on your skin type. Some people can handle it twice a day, others would have dry-as-a-desert skin.
>>
>>17094568
Also, forgot to add:

Do NOT try to incorporate multiple products into your routine at once. If you have a bad reaction, you'll have trouble figuring out what caused it. Also, this could just irritate your skin.

Patch test on a small area with ANY new product.
>>
>>17094454
Aging.
I stopped getting acne all toghether at 19.
>>
>>17094454
joy dish washing soap (no sarcasm) or dont wash your face in the mornings(water is fine) let your oil take care of it (shower is fine)
>>
>>17094568
>testosterone imbalance.

What other symptoms other than the acne did you have?
>>
>>17094912
Hirsutism, severely underweight, loss of energy, irregular periods. All gone now thanks to the magic of antiandrogens.
>>
I've been taking these pills, and they actually worked for me. If your situation is REALLY that bad you should probably ship them or something. The problem is they're hard to get without prescription. Instant relief guaranteed.
>>
Trial and error. Sometimes vix, the chest rub, can actually help. Then for others, it won't do shit but irritate the skin. If you start getting it all over your body, arms ect, it might be bacterial related. Check with a doc to be sure.
>>
It depends.. is your skin oily?

is your skin dry?

Acne is a big problem... I had it for years, best advice is NEVER touch it, let it go away by itself.

The more you touch it, the more causing bacteria will be all over the place.
>>
>>17094454
Grow up.

Literally. Most adolescent acne isn't the result of eating habits or cleanliness (though they contribute a little), but of raging adolescent hormones upsetting the body chemistry and producing excess skin oils.

Do what you can with your eating and washing, use skin-drying and masking creams, and just wait it out. Things should gett better in a few years.
>>
wash your face and don't eat too many choc-o-lat-e barz
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.