[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a doctor anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 6

File: 2133.jpg (118KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
2133.jpg
118KB, 800x581px
Ask a doctor anything.
>>
Stop pretending to be a doctor online and giving out medical advice you read on wikipedia. It's dangerous and will cause more problems because you cannot accurately diagnose online.
>>
I did a myriad of drugs over a long period of time and still feel a bit cloudy mentally, even after months of not using. I know I haven't given you much information to work off of, but generally speaking, how much can you brain improve after ingesting neurotoxic chemicals?
>>
do you guys really party and fuck around with the nurses, pls tell me the truth
>>
>>17067727
Wikipedia got me through medschool. Don't hate, son.
>>
How do I keep my skeleton from escaping its flesh prison?
>>
>>17067733
90% of nurses are gross and twice my age. Occasionally you'll get a cougar and engage with a nice bit of flirting but that's about it.
>>
How do I know if my testicle are messed up? I've been not really confident in the health of them and I've gotten it checked out twice but idk. Please help me cuz idk what to do. I am afraid somehow they got messed up.
>>
When I'm performing medical procedures on myself what antiseptic agent do you recommend?
>>
>>17067741
By staying calm at all times and avoiding Mr Bones' Wild Ride.

>>17067746
Messed up is a little vague, bro. Wear condoms, examine yourself in the shower/bath occasionally. Other than that, don't stress.
>>
>>17067751
I would recommend not performing 'medical procedures' on yourself, for a start.
>>
>>17067759
Thanks WebMD, your the best
>>
>>17067755
Well my testicle feel numb but that may be from over masturbation. I do it about 3 times a day and idk. Recently my right testicle started to not feel anything during ejaculated. I'm worried idk. My mom won't help me go to the doctor because I've went twice ready before but I don't wanna lose my nuts :( idk what to do
>>
Testicles *
>>
>>17067765
You sound nuts... Get it? Nah but seriously, you're crazy. Chill out.
>>
>>17067776
I'm sorry man I just don't wanna lose em. I'm just really scared. I haven't felt any sort of serious pain only a slight pain I remember a few days ago. But other than that nothing. I'm really sorry
>>
:(
>>
Please help me :'(
>>
PLEASE HELP ME IDK WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>17067824
There's nothing physically wrong with you from what you've said. You clearly have some anxiety issues though.
>>
>>17067830
Well explain not being able to feel 1 testicle when ejaculating. It's Fucking weird. And yeah I do take anxiety meds. I take Celexa and an anxiety medication I don't know the name of
>>
Bump 2
>>
Bump 3
>>
Can neti pots cause infections? On Sunday evening I used a neti pot for the first time and I a little weird after using it but I just slept it off. The next day, I just felt sick and the day after that I got the worst fever of my life that I'm still trying to recover from. What the fuck happened?
>>
Bump 4. I'm gonna keep bumping till I get answers
>>
What is the creatine clearance for me to give zosyn every 8 hours 500mg IV?

Also what's a good weekly regimen for coumadin when patient's INR is 1.7?
>>
BUMP V I NEED ANSWERS
>>
bump 6
>>
COME ON
>>
FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>17067723
I keep on gettting back spams. After rucking should i be worried.
>>
>>17067876
I use tazocin, 4.5g TDS if crcl is >20. Less than that then BD.

>>17067871
That's some whacky shit. Pouring anything into your sinuses probably isn't the best idea.
>>
>>17067876
With your warfarin question, it depends entirely on their target INR, their previous doses and what other medication they're on.

Standard loading regime would be 6mg daily for 3 days, re-check INR and go from there.
>>
Sorry for the nasty question, but are qtips really that bad? My ears are constantly plugged and those alcohol ear-driers don't dry up wax. Is the only option going to the dr. for a cleaning?

I've also never been able to breathe through my nose due to allergies no matter what antihistamines or sprays I take. What do?
>>
>>17067723
Lets say you're a general practitioner. Patient walks into your office, early 30s, complaining of difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection, hair loss, lack of energy, lack of sex drive, and some mild depressive symptoms. Blood work shows testosterone levels around 100ng/dl. He's huge, though, 6'1", 260 pounds, body fat approaching the single digit range. Are you going to do any more screening before prescribing testosterone replacement therapy?
>>
Alrighty doc, I'v been masturbating a lot since november and I think my hair has gotten thinner since november. Could there be a link, and if so, would stopping fix my hair?
>>
>>17068419
Not OP, but look up the Elephant Ear cleaning kit on amazon ($30). It pretty much just takes warm water and shoots it through a little tube that you stick really far into your ear and pushes the earwax out from behind. Cheap and very effective. Q-tips can jam wax down your canals rather than clean it (from experience).
>>
>>17068419
Also nettipots are the bees knees for cleaning a clogged nose regardless of reason. Just make sure you get the kind that come with little packets of (may just be salt) powder.
>>
100% sure I have a tapeworm, but I don't have insurance atm. I've tried a cleansing detox program that I ordered online, but that didn't work. I'm scared because I can feel it inside me, but I can't go to the doctor until June. How serious can this get, and are there any other options to get rid of it?
>>
>>17067723
I missed one dose of penicillin 500 mg VK.

How bad is that?
>>
>>17068525
I'm no doc, but I think it's pretty bad.
When you're dealing with antibiotics, you gotta keep taking it until the infection is 100% done.
If you skip doses, the population of pathogens will rebound and then the amount you have left won't be enough to kill them all.
>>
File: worried griffin.jpg (30KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
worried griffin.jpg
30KB, 200x196px
It's a long shot since OP isn't here, but I think I may have had a stroke or something when I was younger.
I've started working out and I've noticed my whole right side has a weird weakness.
Like if I'm doing a benchpress, my right arm will be like 0.5 second slower than my left. Or if I'm doing squats, my right leg will twist a bit.
It's weird because it's not a strength thing. When I do one armed exercises, my right arm is stronger, but when I use my whole body, my right side is "slow".
Furthermore, my right eye is slacker than my left eye and when I speak, I use the left side of mouth more than right.

To compound all this, I can't flex my right side muscles. Especially my pecs and deltoids.

I'm not paralyzed on that side or anything. I can still feel everything.
But it's just slower and less responsive, despite my right hand being dominant
>>
>>17067723
Can you explain AIDS to me? Like, if I only ever had sex with one girl, but she had several men in her life before me and after we break up (she has sex with some dude who was negative) and we get back together and have sex, will either one of us get AIDS even if her partners didn't have it?
>>
>>17068730
Nigga is you for real?
>>
File: eb571fb82b38c22db9dd0f48768b66ac.jpg (338KB, 788x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eb571fb82b38c22db9dd0f48768b66ac.jpg
338KB, 788x1000px
>>17068733
Yeah niggu, school don't teach u shit.
>>
21 hours ago I ate a slice of cake with weed in it. I had smoked before, but only a little bit, some puffs here and there.
supercheese was the variety.

I had a horrible huge trip and got high as fuck for hours, because of having cero tolerance.

I'm still feeling weird and kinda stupid. When the fuck will this end? Can I accelerate the process somehow?
>>
>>17068747
I don't know what nigger-tier school you went too, but all of my schools went over AIDS and that shit.

AIDS is most commonly transmitted through sexual contact, though it can be spread through blood contact as well if memory serves. Basically, HIV/AIDS fucks your shit by killing your immune system, mostly by attacking your White Blood Cells, and making it so you have about the same chances of fighting off sickness as a bitch in my chinese cartoons does of fighting off the cock.

If neither you or your partner have HIV/AIDS, then congratulations, you have virtually nothing to worry about in terms of getting it. I'd still suggest you and your partner get a STD test, if you're really that paranoid about getting shit from your partner. An ounce of prevention and all that shit.

Also, it sounds to me like you and your GF are probably not the best couple, but I won't read between the lines too much about that.
>>
>>17068747
>>17068804
Ok, I guess we gonna be serious about this.

HIV is a virus. A retrovirus. It's a fascinating virus because it injects RNA which it transforms into DNA, and so hijacks your cells from a fundamental level.

HIV is also very weak when it comes down to stress. HIV cannot exist out of the body. It breaks down real easy.
That means it can only transfer via blood to blood.
That's why it was called GRIDS back in the day. Gay Related Imunno-Deficiency Syndrome.
Anal sex opens up wounds in the anus (duh) but also the act of sex can damage the penis.
Especially when uncircumcised.
That's why African countries recommend circumcision. Less friction. Less chance for blood.

A man having sex with a woman has a low chance for infection, because good PIV sex doesn't often have both parties bleeding.
Anal sex is different.

Anyways, even if you're infected with HIV, it doesn't mean you'll get AIDS.
AIDS is the result of a full blown HIV infestation. We have drugs to prevent it, but they only sorta work.

My uncle died of AIDS. He was gay, yeah, in the 90s.
It was different then.
Now, you can live you decades with it.
It's a shitty way to live though.
So wear a condom, kids
>>
What job in the medical field has the best fun:pay ratio?
>>
I got 6/9 on the Beighton Scale. The three points I didn't get were touching the floor with the hands and the elbow things. Is it worth getting tested for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome or any other hypermobility disorders if I have chronic fatigue problems?
>>
How do I cure being a 18 year old KV who wants a gf you fucking cunt
>>
>>17068460
>>17068470
Sorry for the late reply but thanks anon!
>>
K medfag, my knee fucking hurts. Im hoping its just runners knee, as it started hurting right after a 50 mi backpacking trip. What do i do to keep it,from hurting? I want to,go back to jogging
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-24-17-49-56.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-24-17-49-56.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
What the fuck is this? Pic is of my asscheek where it meets my thigh
>>
I made a thread about this yesterday and saw there is already some HIV talk going in.

Basically I had sex with a very skanky caucasian woman (PIV, with condom) but she was on her period and some blood got on my skin in the pelvic region.

How large is the chance of transmitting HIV this way, should she have it?
>>
I took medication which gave me mouth ulcers, chapped lips and a flushed face. Do I have stevens johnson syndrome?
>>
>>17067723
I have the cancer.what do?my head hurted and my arms got big boo boos and whenever i go for walkies my ears wiggle.why????
>>
>>17067723
Waht's up, doc?
>>
>>17069684
Pls respond
>>
>>17069684
not the OP but very low for it to transmit it needs to come in contact with a soft opening as long as none got on your butthole or japseye you should be good
>>
>>17069980
Thanks I hope so. I'm waiting on results still (it's been 3-4 months since the contact). I just hope it doesn't get in microcuts or something from shaving maybe
>>
OP here
>>17068419
Yeah q-tips really shouldn't be used in the ear. They just impact wax on the tympanic membrane and make the situation worse. You need to use wax softener that you pour into your ear for a few minutes. Alternatively, you need to go and have your ears properly irrigated.

>>17068443
Well it's clear that this is going to be secondary hypogonadism secondary to exogenous steroid use. Someone of that age and stature isn't going to be testosterone deplete. If you really wanted to, you could measure LH, FSH, TSH and prolactin. Would also need to check his LFTs to make sure he isn't fucking up his liver, and may as well do renal function to screen to addisons. Ultimately, I wouldn't be giving this guy replacement testosterone as clinically it's not adding up.

>>17068450
There's no link.

>>17068476
You sound crazy.

>>17068525
Depends what for, assume sore throat? It's not a big deal. Just don't double dose and finish the course.

>>17068691
You may not know, but did you have a particularly difficult or traumatic birth? Are you left/right handed?

>>17068730
AIDs is an advanced state of the HIV infection. It's something that's preventable in people with the disease on the whole. At the end of the day, if you're having unprotected sex with someone with an unknown sexual history, then yes, there is a risk. You're more at risk of chlamydia, gonorrhea and genital warts though, statistically.

>>17069513
6/9 is borderline for hypermobility. Even if it was positive, it doesn't mean you have ED. You generally need to be seen by a geneticist to see if it's worth undergoing biopsies.

>>17069680
>knee pain after 50mi backpacking trip.
Come on now. Take some NSAIDs and rest for a while. Don't be impatient.

>>17069682
Is it itchy? Can you feel it if you touch it? Anywhere else?

>>17069684
Exceptionally low. So close to zero that it's negligible. This is even assuming that she is HIV positive and you didn't use a condom. Blood on skin = no assuming no open sore
>>
>>17070098
I'm sure you probably don't want questions about periods, but I've been putting off going to a doctor so I may as well ask.
I haven't had my period in over two months, and I'm definitely not pregnant because I've never had sex. I'm not underweight and I started my period over 5 years ago. My last few periods were also very light.
Do you know what could be causing this?
>>
>>17069718
pls respond
>>
>>17069682
Can feel the bumps, not itchy though
>>
>>17067723
This is kind of convenient, this morning I woke up with a dull pain at the bottom and to the left of my stomach, any idea what that is likely to be?
>>
File: pepe-book.jpg (62KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-book.jpg
62KB, 416x700px
I am 6'1 185
I am very well built
But my foreskin is really tight when
Its erect i cant pull it all the way down
When I had sex A WHOOPING 3 TIMES
(im 18 no judge ples)
It hurts my dick
What do?
>>
>>17070137
Going to need more information than that, age and sex?
>>
>>17070149
Male, 23. Pain is just to the left of belly button
>>
I found out about 6 months ago that I have either Joint Hypermobility Syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type 3 but they wont do any further testing to find out which and they wont give me any kind of treatment or advice whatsoever. I can't get physiotherapy, counselling or even any basic advice on how to handle my condition. As I don't know which condition I have for certain coupled with the variety of ways each condition can impact an individual I'm struggling to find any resource or person who can help me with it.
>>
>>17070114
it could be ovarian cysts which sounds worse than it is its often symptom-less but it can cause irregular periods and a lighter flow. if you post a pic of yourself or send a selfie privately (i will put my snapchat below) i should be able to tell you if its had any hormonal effects, of course please visit a doctor in person to be sure because there are other conditions that could be causing this but for your age this is the most likely.
ommeggles
>>
>>17070153
this is called phimosis go visit a doctor and you may have to book a circumcision.

>>17070139
what kinda pain are you experiencing is it dull or stabbing? and how long have you been experiencing it?
>>
>>17070173
Think you got us mixed up, got a bit of a fright there.
Its kind of constantly there as a dull pain in the background but sometimes comes as a slightly more painful stabbing feeling. It's never crazy sore, on a scale of 1-10 I would say its a 3
>>
>>17070173
>>17070186
And I have had it since probably around sometime yesterday.
>>
to anyone reading this thread if you have any real medical concerns please visit a doctor in person
>>
>>17070114
How old are you? Up until this point what was your cycle like? (I.e. how many days bleed, how many days between start of periods). Were you otherwise regular?

Any other changes at the moment? Stress, exams, moving house, bereavement?

Any skin changes, hair growth?

>>17070127
What medication was it? How soon after did the ulcers appear? How long were you on the medication?

>>17070153
Read a few of your other responses. Is it just the pain? Any change in bowel habit? Nausea or vomiting? Temperatures?
>>
>>17070207
Modafinil. Appeared a few hours after taking it first day.
>>
I've been told I either have Joint Hyper-mobility Syndrome or Ehler-Danlos Syndrome type 3 but I can't find anyone who actually has any medical knowledge of the condition. I really need to speak to someone who understands the condition.
>>
>>17070207
On it for 2 days.I got ulcers from Amoxicillin too
>>
I have a pretty big lump on my dick probably from a botched circ under the head. It's always been there but it's never given me any trouble until it started hurting like fuck out of nowhere a couple days ago. Do I have dick cancer?
>>
>>17070207
there are white spots on the shaft of my dick which have always been there. They have never cause any discomfort what are they
>>
>>17070207
>How old are you?

> Up until this point what was your cycle like? (I.e. how many days bleed, how many days between start of periods)
Not perfect either to be honest, usually fairly light and lasted between 7-10 days, with spotting every so often in between periods. But until now they happened regularly within the typical 28ish day cycle.

>Any other changes at the moment? Stress, exams, moving house, bereavement?
Uni has been a bit hectic, it's coming up to the end of the year so deadlines are coming plus I still need to find an industrial placement for next year on top of them. I never thought to mention it because I don't feel that stressed and I've been through worse with no effect

>Any skin changes, hair growth?
Nope

Thank you for your help
>>
>>17070098
>Blood on skin = no assuming no open sore
Thanks brah
>>
>>17067723
Tip of my dick hurts and I've been urinating a lot. No VD. What the problem is?
>>
>>17070212
It could well be that you've had a reaction on that spectrum. Full blown SJS can make you very unwell but there is a continuum of the severity. I would definitely stop taking it, and it should resolve over a week or so.

>>17070218
Has it become red, increased in size, tender to touch? Any discharge from it at all?

>>17070220
Almost certainly fordyce spots. Entirely normal.

>>17070237
Ok, well generally we start to consider investigating things after six months without a period. If uni has been busy it could be attributable to that. The hormone axis that regulates your periods is very sensitive to periods of stress. Even if you don't FEEL stressed, you will still have a physiological response to the pressure.

If it hasn't resolved by then, it's worth seeing your doctor to have a few blood tests done looking at the hormone axis I mentioned above.
>>
>>17070241
You need to see your doctor for a urine test to rule out infection and to make sure you're not pissing a load of sugar out.

They also need to look at the glans to make sure you don't have balanitis.
>>
>>17070248
>Has it become red, increased in size, tender to touch? Any discharge from it at all?

Yes, yes, yes and no.
>>
>>17070114
>I'm not underweight
Are you overweight? Cycle starts getting messy even at moderate overweight
>>
>>17070258
Ok, well it sounds like you may have a bit of an infection there. You probably need a short course of oral antibiotics, something like flucloxacillin if you're not penicillin allergic.
>>
>>17070263
It's an odd place for an infection though isn't it? Are random infections like this normal?
>>
>>17070248
Alright that helps out a lot, thank you

>>17070259
Nah, I'm at an ideal weight for my height as far as I know
>>
>>17070267
Not really. Your skin is covered in sebaceous glands that can become cysts which are then prone to infection. If you've got scarring from a previous procedure then it's more prone to infection.
>>
>>17067723
What can I switch Tegretol with that won't interfere with contraception (pills) (so I've read)?
>>
>>17070275
You on combined or progesterone only?
>>
>>17070275
Also are you on tegretol for epilepsy or neuropathic pain?
>>
>>17070281
I'm not on any yet, but planning to. I don't know what type though, which would you recommend?
>>
>>17070285
For mood problems
>>
How do you get rid of a clogged pore on the inside of the labia without going to the doctor? The ob/gyn I go to for my adenomyosis is too expensive because he charges like $300 AUD for an appointment. It feels like a hard lump. It's not an STD because I'm a virgin.
>>
>>17070292
If you insist on the pill as a form of contraception while you're on tegretol, then you can take the combined pill at a higher dose. The caveat being you need to monitor for breakthrough bleeding (may need a higher dose) and have a blood test to measure your progesterone level.

A safer alternative would be to use the progesterone injectable, a copper coil or IUS coil.
>>
>>17070297
This needs to be examined. There's no guarantee that it's a "clogged pore" without it being looked at. You need to see your gynae or your GP. Sorry.

It's probably just a bartholins cyst that could be left alone. Alternatively it may need surgical drainage.
>>
>>17070305
:(
I'm terrified of showing my vagina to the doctor without general anaesthetic. How do I explain to my Dr that I want him to check it only under sedation or GA because of my body image issues without coming across as a nutcase?
>>
>>17070334
Not OP but nobody is going to give you general anaesthetic because muh feels.
>>
>>17070334
they would never give you general anesthesia to show your fucking pussy your retard
>>
>>17070334
No doctor will agree to that. It's insanely expensive and anaesthetic comes with risk.

Doctors see this kind of thing daily to the point of boredom. You can always request a female doctor if that helps.
>>
help doc! Sometimes i sniff and i swallow really smelly mucus. People can smell it too! Had it for 3 years now, is it sinus cancer?!
>>
>>17070351
Sounds more like chronic sinusitis. Have you ever head a head CT scan? You probably need an initial course of antibiotics.

If it's seasonally worse you need regular anti-histamines starting pre-season.

If this doesn't work you need to see an ENT surgeon for sinus irrigation and examination for polyps.
>>
OP, how do i get antibiotics for emergency scenarios?
>>
>>17070602
By seeking medical help when an emergency arises.
>>
>>17070606
I'm talking about a survival scenario, when medical institutions are down for whatever reason.
>>
>>17067723
So, I have a large lump right on the back of my neck. Literally where spine meets skull.

One doctor told me it's a broken nerve. I went to my eye doctor about two years ago, and I have anisicoria. My left pupil is consistently larger than my right. And it does not respond correctly to light. My eye doctor checked my eye for damage, and nothing.

I mentioned the lump on the back of my neck and asked if it could be related. She said it could be, but that is not her specialty.

Who do I go to to find the root of this problem? What can be done for a broken nerve? It does not hurt. My eyes are extremely sensitive to light, especially the eye that does not respond well to light.

Should I go to my primary physician and ask for some kind of referral?
>>
>>17070608
/out/ is that way >>> for your faggy post-apocalyptic fantasies.

>>17070610
Are you male or female?

A lump is not going to be a "broken nerve". Are you sure you're not feeling your occupit? Your doctor sounds like a retard.

They are almost certainly not related.

Having one pupil bigger than the other is very common. If it's not a new, sudden thing and you don't have any other symptoms (headache, muscle weakness, double vision, known diabetes etc) then it's nothing to worry about.

It's most likely physiological, or perhaps an Adie atonic pupil
>>
>>17070640
I am a female. The lump is more on the left side at the back hairline, and on the other side of my neck in the same location, the area is flat and smooth. And it wiggles if I run my finger over it and feels kinda soft, I guess like a chunk of lean meat under my skin.

Other than that, my left eye is severely worse than my right eye with vision accuracy. Bright light gives me migraines.
>>
>>17070650
If you have differing visual acuity then go see an optician and they can fit you with some glasses to correct the difference. Your doctor could also trial you with pilocarpine drops to see if it improves your vision.

The lump has nothing to do with it. From what you've described, it's within the skin (i.e. outside your skull, so how could it possibly be related?)
>>
>>17070650
Also, meant to say that being female makes Holmes–Adie syndrome more likely. Out of interest, you may have reduced reflexes in your knee and ankle. Give it a go.
>>
>>17070654
Yea, I've been wearing glasses for myopia since I was ten.

I am not sure how they could be related. That's why I am asking. But for the lump, is it a bad thing? It does feel connected to something, not like a cyst. If it's massaged it just hurts. Should I be concerned about it? Or is it something like a "muscle knot", not something to worry about?

I noticed it when I was 13 or so. Never felt it before that.
>>
i often get a weird citrus taste in my mouth even though i dont eat oranges, is this anything to be concerned about?
>>
>>17070663
If it's been there since you were 13, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

>>17070667
Check any medication side effects if you're on any. If you have burning in the back of your throat, get some anti-acids. Examine your tongue for thrush. Make sure you have healthy gums and a good oral hygiene regime.
>>
I contracted chlamydia last year from a cheating ex. I had it for probably 6-8 weeks maximum before I had it treated. In that space of time is it likely that there would be any lasting damage? If so, what kind? (19, female).
>>
>>17067723
whats the best way for a person to kill themself?
>>
A few months after starting college at 18, I began experiencing severe chronic fatigue with high fever, chills, and muscle, joint and head aches. Every two weeks, I would spend a few days curled up in bed, helpless. My doctor ran some tests and I came up with Epstein-Barr. He also had my tonsils removed, and when they came out they were black and shapeless.

For a few years everything went great, I was no longer sick. But these past few months it has started to come back. I went to my new GP who can barely speak English and he just shrugged. What should I do? I do IT for a hospital and have great medical insurance, but I don't know anything about finding a new doctor, which doctor is right for me, etc.
>>
I'm already in therapy for depression but just slept 15 hours and consistently oversleep and overeat

Should I find a new therapist or seek out a psychiatrist? I found the therapy did help me to function a bit more but I am still totally withdrawn. Eh maybe you don't know about everything but this is /adv/ anyways everything is taken with a lot of salt
>>
File: DSC_0246.jpg (2MB, 3333x3783px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0246.jpg
2MB, 3333x3783px
What's up with my big toe? Notice the brown shade on the right side and like a line going through it
>>
>>17070896
Nurse here. I'm not an MD like OP, so none of my advice is definitive. However, I can certainly help provide insight and education.

Does your toe hurt at all? Is it tender when you put pressure against the toenail on either side?
>>
OP IS NOT A DOCTOR
>>
>>17070745
You're fine.

>>17070814
I would find a new HCP. In America, most insurance providers distributed through Obamacare have MD search engines that narrow it down the HCPs applicable for your insurance. I don't know your insurance; so, if I were you, I would contact your insurance provider and inquire if they have any services similar to what I just described.

>>17070895
A major part of therapy is putting in the work outside of therapy to utilize what was discussed in said therapy. Remember: therapy implies work put out by YOU YOURSELF in order to be successful. If you are too lazy/otherwise unable to put in the work (for those with legitimate major depression), then yes, find a psychiatrist,
>>
>>17067871
>Can neti pots cause infections?

if you have a roommate who used your netipot as a bong, then yes
>>
>>17070745
Was it detected because you were symptomatic, or was it found on routine testing? Did you suffer from pelvic inflammatory disease?

>>17070768
Smoking

>>17070814
It probably hasn't come back as such, but you're suffering from post-viral effects. EBV is a bitch and can knock it out of you for months.

Best evidence is for a gradual reintroduction of exercise and breaking habits of exercise avoidant behaviours (daytime napping, for example).

>>17070895
This is something only you can answer really. Depends on how long you've been in therapy, your relationship with your therapist, your current progress etc.

>>17070896
Might have a bit of a fungal infection. You can buy over-the-counter anti-fungal treatments.

>>17071053
Test me.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.