[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I realistically change my appearance for the better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: Picture of Me.png (199KB, 297x254px) Image search: [Google]
Picture of Me.png
199KB, 297x254px
How can I realistically change my appearance for the better? I want to impress this nice girl at my school.

I usually wear green jackets, black pants and black and red T-shirts. I think I'm pretty average on clothing and that's not really an issue, but what about my hair, or something else?
>>
>>17020197
do you suffer from autism?
>>
>>17020203
Maybe
>>
just don't wear makeup

anything but that
>>
>>17020197
I can't tell if you're a guy or girl. Either way, lose weight and hit the gym. If you're a guy, get a haircut. If you're a girl, get it cut in a more flattering style.
>>
>>17020212
Guy, and weight change could really help- you're totally right on that, thank you.

And if I wore makeup I'd probably look scary as shit.>>17020207
>>
>>17020217
yeah we don't want a detroit metal city scenario @_@
>>
>>17020197
Wear plain t-shirts, either of a solid color, or plaid.
>>
Work on posture and confidence. Haircut, maybe some different glasses.
>>
>>17020197
Cut and brush your hair. Plainer t shirts, seriously avoid graphic tees like acidic poison, no matter how cool they look they dont look good on you. Confidence mostly confidence. Shower everyday and scrub your face with cetaphil daily cleanser and a harsh loufa and the acne will clear up and be less noticable. Work out too you could drop a few pounds. Youll look good in no time. Stay optimistic.
>>
>>17020260
Also start right fucking now. Go to the store and buy the soap. Call a salon and make an appt to get a cut. Call local gyms and see the rates. 24hr fitness should be good for you.
If you dont start now you wont ever star i promise you.
Start now.
Do it.
Close you browser and start this fucking moment. Go now.
Godspeed
>>
>>17020280
I will when I get the chance, but I'm like 15 miles from a store.
>>
>>17020235
I'm gonna do that, definitely, I just was wearing this shirt because I'm at home.
>>
>>17020241
What kind of haircut though?
>>
>>17020304
any of these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=good+guy+haircuts&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=617&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwin0P6lhoXMAhUD0xoKHTKBDEsQ_AUIBigB
>>
>>17020310
Sure, but I mean Will Feral popped up. Is that an option?
>>
>>17020320
No
>>
I'd say try tying your hair first and post a pic.
Imo it would do a trick, but dont do a ponytail shit.

try this or something of this kind.
http://manlycurls.com/blog_new/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/samurai-hairstyle-for-men-with-curly-hair1-300x165.jpg

also stop smiling like that and learn how to smirk haha.

Lose some weight too if you're not a lazy fuck and get a shirt ;p then re-open a thread here and see compare results. and see what else can you do.
>>
>>17020292
Thats not an excuse. Find a ride or walk. You could use the excercise anyway. Start now idiot. You will never get a chance is what im saying. Go now
Go
>>
>>17020320
seriously, you should get short hair. you really dont suit long hair, dont mean to sound like a dick, you just dont. your face looks alright, and you could look decent if you worked on a few things. as everyone is saying, work out and get a fashion sense.
>>
>>17020331
Dont listen to this faggots reccomendation of hair style. It looks fucking retarded and it will take too much affort to dk everyday so you will revert to your first pic.
>>
>>17020197
Not sure if this is bait, but this is what I reccomend:
>tie hair up in man-bun
I'm serious, a geeky looking guy like you did this for a play and it made him look ten times better
>wear foundation and concealer
Make sure that you're still taking good care of your skin, though.
>buy contacts
I suggest black ones, but faded black ones (if that makes sense
>wear "hipster" clothing
It's basically just the default clothing style, nowadays, and it usually looks good.
>bathe regularly
Shower at least once every two days, make sure that you moisturize daily (but make sure before you moisturize you have cleaned your face, a light moisturizer is best for people with acne prone skin.

That's all I can think of for now.
>>
>>17020371
Recommend* oops.
>>
>>17020337
I really appreciate the help man, thank you so much
>>
>>17020371
>tie hair up in man-bun
dont do this. you will not suit it. you have a young, cute looking going on, man bun is not for you. its only manly looking good that suit the man-bun.
>>
>>17020371
I'm not sure if I should go with the Manbun thing, but everything else is appreciated. I was thinking about cutting my hair a bit shorter, but I don't know anyone who looks good in a manbun truthfully.
>>
>>17020387
I agree with that, and thanks for the compliment my dude
>>
>>17020401
don't forget to use facial scrubs
>>
Start a shitty all chick band. Drum. Make videos and post them. Faggots will be all over the comment section claiming you are so hot.

It is easy.
>>
>>17020420
Sounds like a plan

>>17020414
I do every morning, but it's like the cheap stuff so it's kind of bad. I've got some fucked up thing with my skin anyway so I really do need to keep up on it, but I'm going into Walmart tonight so I'll grab some. Thanks my dude
>>
>>17020393
>>17020387
The guy I was talking about was almost a clone of him, you should at least consider it as I don't think short hair will suit you.
>>
>>17020429
We only have this Deep Clean neutrogena stuff whihc is kinda shit, but I use it after a shave and it keeps my face clean of bumps.

If we had some apricot scrub I'd use more of it, but don't splurge on anything to expensive seeing as how it's only some apricot beads in face wash. You can get the same thing with some epsom salt or mineral water.
>>
well you should obviously cut your hair, but a personal thing for me is glasses. your glasses look slightly shaded, as if you have transitions lenses reacting to the light of the computer. i fucking hate transitions lenses. it's rather unreasonable, i guess, like i don't know how other people feel about these things. what you should really do if you want to impress a girl is get an interesting hobby or join an interesting club or something.
>>
>>17020431
Ironically enough, someone else in the chat told me long hair doesn't work for me. I don't think I really want to go with short hair, as it would be too drastic of a change, though I'm not sure about the man-bun idea still. I'll try it later tonight and I'll see how it works

>>17020439
The lenses aren't transition, they're always shaded because my eyes are too pale for regular light.
Though like, what kind of hobby do you suggest? Someone else told me to join a band as a drummer (I play bass, but I actually think drumming would be interesting)
>>
File: 2011-cetaphil-300_3.jpg (32KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
2011-cetaphil-300_3.jpg
32KB, 300x400px
>>17020431
You are wrong. It would look worse than what he has now.

>>17020436
Highly recommend pic related. Its keeps black paople from getting ashy, old folks from callouses on the back of hands, and teens from pimples and zits. Its like fucking perfect. You can even use it as a shampoo with a different, better smelling cinditioner and your hair will be healthier than it has ever been.

I swear to god its fucking magic soap and its pretty common. Find it either with your soaps or in the pharmacy.
>>
>>17020197
I personally, as a girl, like seeing both genders with long hair. So I think it's fine, but of course many dislike it too. So if you are attracked to a person, you better find out what she likes.
>>
>>17020453
I'll make sure to pick some of this up, do you know a general price on it?
>>
>>17020453
it's a deep clean cleanser?

Also I don't really have many problems with asky skin, I produce a lot of moisture dermally, most of my problems stem from dry lips and scalp.
>>
>>17020455
She's pretty chilled out and said something along the lines of "I've never seen you with short hair, but you look nice with long." or something like that, which was a nice in my eyes but I don't know if she was secretly saying "cut your fucking hair"
>>
>>17020197
how old are you?
>>
>>17020463
I'm 16, how old did you think I was?
>>
>>17020467
like, 12, 13
>>
>>17020456
fairly cheap.
>>
>>17020483
fuck

Usually people think I'm older ((it varies)) but I think it's my voice that causes the older thing
>>
>>17020460
I don't think she meant it in that way. I wouldn't say that.
But anyway, if were you, I would go for whatever I thought would look good on me. Don't overthink about it. Go for some new look, so you find out what fits you best.
>>
>>17020371
This is advice for fucking faggots except for the part about bathing regularly

Manbun, hipster clothes, make up? This is some nu-male shit, fuck you

OP, drop the long hair, it does not suit you, lose weight, try lifting, you don't need to get huge and muscular, but a slim, athletic body goes a long way with women, get different glasses, preferably ones that don't make you look like a woman, you already have a round feminine face.

Now the most inportant thing, don't put this bitch on a pedestal, ever. If you don't win her? Fuck that, you improved yourself greatly and will find other women, she's not unique, not special and does not deserve to be treated like a special snowflake. She is just some bitch, they all are.
>>
>>17020456
≈$10-15

>>17020458
The one i specifically posted is for oily skin and it will clear your skin of oils and make it feel fresh and clean. But weirdly it will also moisturize your dry skin so wash your mouth and scalp with it.

Other than the fact that it doesnt smell really good this is by far the best soap out there.
>>
File: rarepepe.jpg (14KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
rarepepe.jpg
14KB, 224x225px
Reddit fag here, Here is a list of subreddits to help you. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING TO ALL OF THEM AND EXPLAINING YOUR SITUATION!!!

/r/streetwear
/r/malehairadvice
/r/malefashionadvice
/r/skincareaddiction
/r/getmotivated

YOU CAN DO IT OP
>>
>>17020488
That's the hard part is finding what looks good, but thanks for the advice really, I'll try and find something
>>
>>17020495
How do you even use that meme site? Its so confusing and complicated i take 4chans format any day.
>>
>>17020495
Thank you my dude

>>17020492
I mean, I'm in a school of 300 so there's really not a lot of opportunities, but that really is a good way to think about it. With the glasses though, how much different could I go? Like, maybe something in a different color or shape?
>>
>>17020197
Looks like you need a total overhaul, man.

Like others have said, consider getting a haircut ASAP. Take it from me: long hair can be nice, but it's high-maintenance. You gotta have some experience with styling to make it look really good, and it's easier to get that by starting with short hair. Get it done at a decent barbershop if you have one in your area. If you don't, find a semi-unisex salon in the mall or something. It'll be full of chicks and gay dudes, but don't worry about that: they're the experts on hair. Avoid supercuts/greatclips/other garbage.

Second, lose weight immediately, get rid of that moon face and chub. Start exercising, anything will help. Consider joining one of your school's sports teams once you get into a little better shape (doesn't have to be football or some shit, many schools have golf, badminton, etc).

Third, consider improving your wardrobe. You don't want to go on any dates in a graphic T, it won't impress anyone and gives off laziness. Get at least a couple button-down shirts, a pair of khakis, and a nice pair of shoes (yours are probably shit). You always want to have at least 2 outfits you can wear on "special occasions", whether it's getting a passport photo or going on a date with the girl of your dreams.

Finally, since you're still in school, work hard and take it seriously. Get the best grades you reasonably can. Don't procrastinate, offer to help people if they need it, and speak up in classes. A successful dude is an attractive dude, in the long term it could help you more than any physical improvement ever will.

>>17020503
Consider contacts. Most people look better with them.
Only exceptions are dudes with bad sunken eyes or terrible dark circles, etc (you're not one of them).
>>
>>17020501
It really isn't that complicated. Just go to a subreddit I listed and look around.
>>
>>17020492
>This is advice for redpilled faggots except for the part about exercising regularly
OP wants to look good for this girl, becoming a hateful redpill will NOT help him because the majority of sane women don't want to be with someone with those opinions.
>>
>>17020503
Black or wire frame, just make sure you are in the mens section. Also a school of 300 doesnt change the fact that this bitch youre worshipping is not a drop in an ocean. You should change yourself but do it for you. Also how are not underage b&
>>
>>17020492
fuck off back to theredpill faggot.
>>
>>17020510
No thanks. I onky ever go there for tech support.
>>
>>17020514
Not getting overly attached to any one girl is common sense. Hell, not wearing a man bun and makeup is common sense.
>>
>>17020509
Only place to get a haircut is like 45 minutes away, but I'll do that. (We only have two, neither are chains so I won;t get those you named off)

And after reading everyone recommend exercise I've been lifting weights while sitting here, then afterwards I'm probably gonna go down the street or something.

With the clothes: that's seriously the hard part is that I have three very nice jackets, which I like to wear buttoned up so no one sees my lazy T-shirts.

Now that last part about getting good grades is kind of already established as not doable, which I'll try and improve on but that may be the hardest part
>>
>>17020535
Where do you live TX?
>>
>>17020535
Meh cmon. Stop searching for what other find attractive and go for whatever the fuck you think is best for you. Tastes are different from person to person m8.
>>
>>17020539
Maryland, the redneck half, I live in a damn field.
>>
>>17020533
He probably shouldn't be obsessed with her, I agree, but I also think short hair would look terrible on him. The makeup that I'm describing (foundation, concealer) wouldn't even show if he got the right shade for his skin and would make him look drastically better, now that I think of it he probably also would need powder to seal it.
>>
>>17020542
My dude, I really love that response, the only reason I'm doing this is because I'm looking for ways of self improvement. I really just want to know what the general public thinks so I can adapt a little bit... though like, not change EVERYTHING about me.
>>
>>17020547
About makeup, I don't know if I should do that- if someone found out I think I'd get judged pretty bad.

The thing with contacts and makeup is the girl I like doesn't use either, which I really appreciate in a moral sense because it's like sticking to yourself kind of. I may try the makeup idea, but I don't think I'd ever have the confidence to do it in public.
>>
>>17020535
>getting good grades is kind of already established as not doable
Why?

>>17020555
Yeah, unless you want to be the dude from this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo
>I can’t believe I fell in love with someone that wears more makeup than me
I'd suggest skipping the makeup.

Contacts are fine though, at higher prescriptions people tend to wear them for better vision (i wore em despite probably looking worse, but had to stop due to GPC)
>>
>>17020197
first off, get a decent haircut. since you have curly and thin hair dont cut it too short. doesn't need to be super trendy either.

if you really want to have a good body definitely hit the gym. you're not terribly ugly so if you work on your body long enough you'll look good on all fronts, face included.

and i know you said clothing's not really an issue for you but how you dress does in some ways does affect other people's perception of you. i know it sounds shallow and stupid, but it's the harsh truth. as long as you don't wear baggy clothes you should be fine, just know your body type and try to work around that. and like this anon said >>17020260 drop the graphic tees and stick to basics if you're not into fashion. dressing yourself will get easier once you get your body worked out anyways, so again hit the gym.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.