[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'd be happy to have lunch with you and your friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (36KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 600x451px
>I'd be happy to have lunch with you and your friend but I don't feel comfortable going on a one on one date with someone I haven't seen in several years

What did she mean by this? What's uncomfortable about not having seen someone for several years.
>>
>>17014556
Probably doesn't trust you/doesn't want to be stuck alone with someone she may not enjoy spending time with.
>>
>>17014556
She assumes that she will be uncomfortable/that it will be awkward if it's just the 2 of you.
Not having seen someone for several years in itself is not awkward.

What is your history like with this girl? Perhaps she thinks you may have had a crush on her and wants to make it clear that she's still only interested in a platonic relationship?

At any rate, try not to take it personally. Go hang out with her and a friend and show her that you've grown to be fun and sociable in the last couple years.
If she enjoys hanging out with you, then she'll be more comfortable with the idea of a 1 on 1 date
>>
>>17014570

Met her a couple years ago through parents. Saw her parents by chance recently and asked her out.
>>
>>17014601
... You asked her out... Through her parents?
Or you saw them and like messaged her?

At any rate it sounds like she doesn't really know you and doesn't want to be stuck in an awkward situation with someone who she isn't comfortable around
>>
>>17014612

Saw them, got her number off them.
>>
File: 1375607344306.jpg (11KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1375607344306.jpg
11KB, 265x265px
>>17014556

>What did she mean by this?

Let me break it down for you.

>I'd be happy to have lunch with you and your friend

Right here I think she's saying she's happy to go eat food with you and your friend.

>I don't feel comfortable going on a one on one date with someone I haven't seen in several years

I think what she meant by this part is that she doesn't want to go on a fucking date with you.

Hope I've cleared this up for you.
>>
>>17014556
>What did she mean by this?
That you're not attractive enough to go on a date with her.
>>
>>17014632
Oh my god you asked her parents for her number!!!???
AHHHH

ok sorry but that sounds totally sketchy dude. Did you ASK them!?
Ah this sounds so awkward. Was it awkward? Someone asking my parents for my number like that would creep me out desu.
>>
>>17014556
>What's uncomfortable about not having seen someone for several years.
It means she's worried that you might have been obsessing over her all this time, like some kind of Lifetime Original Movie villain or something.
>>
>>17014647
You sound like a child.
>>
>>17014666
I'm a 21 year old woman.

Are you trying tell me that it's NORMAL to get a girl's number from her parents.

It's an awkward situation because the parents don't want to be rude and refuse, but it's not their place to give out the girl's personal information like that.
If my parents gave out my number to some random guy that I'd met once like years and years ago, i'd be creeped out.

It's one thing for him to message me on Facebook or something like "hey, you're _____'s daughter right?"- it's totally different for me to recieve a text like "hey it's ____ from two years ago, your mom gave me your number- wanna hang out?"
>>
>>17014679
>Are you trying tell me that it's NORMAL to get a girl's number from her parents.
Like >>17014644 said, it's because he's not attractive.

>Ugly, fat, beta (OP) guy gets a girl's number from her parents
"OMG what a fucking creep, ugh!"

>Attractive guy (not OP) gets a girl's number from her parents
"OMG, he's so hot and he wanted MY number! Score!!"
>>
>>17014687
You can try and hide behind your sweeping generalizations but it's obvious you're salty.

Asking for a girl's number through her parents? So not only do you not know her well enough to get her number FROM HER, you just skipped he chain and went to her parents.

Oddly enough, you're not even supposed to meet her parents UNLESS YOU ARE ACTUALLY DATING.

You came across as a creep and rightly so
>>
>>17014701
>creep
Again,"creep" is just the socially acceptable way of saying "He wasn't attractive enough to do or say that."
>>
>>17014705
No, creep is calling it like it is. If you go to someone's parents for their number you're a creep. Being attractive would lessen the blow but it doesn't make it any less creepy.

But keep it up with that robot state of mind
>>
>>17014687
Although you're right that typically attractive guys can get away with more things- this is not the case in this situation (atleast for me).

I was actually picturing OP as an attractive guy in my mind and it STILL creeped me out that he'd do something like that.
Having to ask a girl's parents for her number, in my opinion, is so socially awkward that it doesn't matter what the man looks like- it's creepy either way.

In fact, OP probably IS attractive or she wouldn't have even responded at all. The fact that she's even willing to meet up with him at all after that is surprising.
>>
>>17014701
>You can try and hide behind your sweeping generalizations but it's obvious you're salty.
Exactly. Redpillers think Chad would get away with this, but the reality is that Chad wouldn't do this at all. It wouldn't even occur to him. He'd approach her, personally, and ASK HER OUT. Or he'd quit pining over someone he doesn't know how to get to and focus on girls he knows how to contact.
>>
>>17014710
>>17014717
>>17014719
he met the parents by chance and asked for her number. imagine this was before facebook for a moment. you have an old friend and you know their parents. you lose contact with that friend and after years you meet their parents by chance. it's totally normal to ask how your friend is doing and even ask for their number to talk to them personally. it's only weird if you barely knew that person and their parents
>>
>>17014758
Questionable, if it were actually a friend I cared about I would already have his number and would have kept in regular contact.

OP already said he met her years ago and I'm led to believe didn't keep in contact (or have ANY contact) before asking her parents for her number.
>>
>>17014758
>it's only weird if you barely knew that person and their parents

That's the point.
He knew the parents, not her. He met "through her parents", meaning that he knew her parents and met her briefly (they were never "friends"). He never "lost contact"- he never had contact to begin with.

Then, after running in to her parents again several years later, he goes "oh yeah, don't you have a daughter my age? What's her number?"

Again- if he and the daughter had known eachother and been friends then I'm sure it wouldn't be as awkward.
But in this situation, he doesn't really know the daughter, he knows the parents so they feel obligated to comply with his request.

It's just wierd.
Also, in a "hypothetical world without Facebook" then of course you would need to grasp at straws more and it wouldn't be as wierd- but the fact that Facebook DID/DOES exist makes it wierd that he didn't just message her on there.
To me and to most girls my age atleast, there's a huge difference between someone messaging me on Facebook and texting me. I won't give my number to someone unless I've been in several dates with them and see a future for dating, or unless I'm reasonably good friends with them.
>>
>>17014687
so what?

she's not obligated to like him purely for his actions. (which are stupid)
>>
>>17014847
>so what?
So nothing. OP asked what she meant and I explained it to him.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.