[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys, I lurk here on a daily basis but rarely post. However

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

Ok guys, I lurk here on a daily basis but rarely post. However today is the day I need your help.

Me now:
-Finishing my master's
-Will find work in almost any medium to highly populated area

What I want:
-cultivate my own food
-breed hen and rabits
-go fishing/hunting
-cook dank stuff
-DIY the shit out of my place

Problem: Can't do the 'what I want' within the next two years cuz masters, money, location etc..

WTF should I be doing till I get there?
(I recently hugely lost interest in vidya)
>>
i don't get what's your problem? are you bored? need a new hobby?
>>
Same bruh. I'm currently working on my masters, and my degree is in a field that is both highly employable, and happens to be stupidly high in earnings, even at starting rates.

And even though I don't have the degree yet, I'm already working in the field anyways as an assistant. I'm literally just killing time until I get my degree, make some money for a few years, then disappear.

I mostly play vidya and workout when I'm not working or at class. I suggest you exercise, and find a way to start earning money while you're working on the degree.
>>
>>17006732
kinda, yes
>>
>>17006739
what did you enjoy doing as a kid?
>>
>>17006738
I am already a boxer, and starting to be good at it, but it just doesnt justifies itself outside fitness, good bodyshape and sharp reflexes.
>>
>>17006744
It is all in the 'what I want' section pretty much.
>>
>>17006747
>but it just doesnt justifies itself outside fitness, good bodyshape and sharp reflexes.

That's more than enough justification to continue doing it. That's more justification than you can find with a majority of hobbies, or anything you do for fun.
>>
>>17006751
I agree, but hell, I don't see myslef spending all my free time on that.
As>>17006738 suggested I may start to look for a part time job to put money on the side...
>>
>>17006750
and what's stopping you? especially the cooking/fishing and DIY parts. those are very good and usefull hobbies
>>
>>17006759
Mostly space, money and location.
I live in the center of a major euro city.
I manage to have a little garden I one the the rooms of the appartment (mint + basil + perilla doing fine-ish although not much light)
But that's it.
>>
File: elfpaladin.jpg (96KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
elfpaladin.jpg
96KB, 600x909px
find a gf. maybe even elf paladin pic related
>>
>>17006762
but the other options (the ones i picked out in my post) won't need that much. sure, you will need to get fishing gear, but what's craigslist.
you need to eat anyways, so why not get into cooking even more? and you could try to work with what you already have to DIY. or borrow tools. you can get them piece by piece if you see that you use them often
>>
>>17006765
I am pretty much married qt3.14 since hs, still happy af
>>17006767
Well your are right, but the fact that we live both on my scolarship and that I put near to nothing on the side, spending money on hobbies is complicated. Boxing already costs me a bit.
As a matter of fact, I wont have a good enough income untill next year's january.
Then getting the kind of place I want will need a few more years, maybe less but still, that's long.
Cooking is taken cared of btw.
>>
>>17006729
OP just start reading.
grab books from the library that peak your interest and learn the shit out of them. you can find new interests or develop your knowledge of the hobbies you do have without restrictions.
>>
>>17006779
>Cooking is taken cared of btw
you could still get involved.
i'm only making minimum wage and i have a son. you can always find cheap or free things to do. maybe get into playing an instrument? you can find cheap ones in thrift stores, or maybe get a hand-me-down from an aquaintance. youtube is your teacher. and you can make awesome DIY for next to nothing.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 200x251px
>>17006765
why are you so into faeries?
>>
File: elfpaladin1.jpg (52KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
elfpaladin1.jpg
52KB, 500x708px
>>17006788
isn't everyone?

serious question
>>
>>17006792
not over the age of 4.
>>
>>17006784
>>17006786

My thought process exactly, watching YT videos and taking notes. It feels off a bit compared to my childhood in the wilderness, but I guess it is just me who is not patient enough or too picky.

I'll try to learn more stuff then, I'm good at learning anyways. My only concern left would be turning to alcohol too often, but my lifestyle is pretty healthy regardless, so I guess I will be fine.

tl;dr: The best answer so far would be: "Read, learn, you will get there in a few years" ?
>>
>>17006796
>childhood in the wilderness
why not go hiking more? make a bonfire? which city are we talking about?

>turning to alcohol too often

keep at close watch on this, OP...
>>
>>17006810
I live in Paris.
Yeah alcohol is worrying me, not good for my boxing and overall not a good tendency for my age (25). Yeah, I'll try hiking, no reason to not do so.
>>
File: Region6-1080x549.png (2MB, 1080x549px) Image search: [Google]
Region6-1080x549.png
2MB, 1080x549px
>>17006819
>Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Naturel Regional Parc

go outdoors a bit more. i have the privilege of living rural, i can go to the woods in less than 2 mins. but BOY would i miss that shit if i did not have the opportunity. but pic related looks neat enough to get you that childhood feel back a bit. pack a picnic and head out
>>
>>17006833
Yeah man, it looks neat, sets my teeth on edge.

Thank you all for your contributions, I never doubted you anon, you are nice people.
>>
>>17006849
have fun anon!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.