[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dry Mouth while sleeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Is there any solution to dry mouth when I'm asleep? Its driving me fucking nuts.

>Go to bed
>wake up like fucking 2 hours later because my tongue is literally sandpaper
>guzzle water, go back to bed
>wake up a few hours later
>sandpaper mouth

I know it has something to do with me breathing through my mouth in my sleep. I cant just ignore it and sleep because it usually gives me sores or tender-spots the next morning from being so dry.

I just want to get a full fucking night of sleep, and not having to wake up every hour to either guzzle a waterbottle or pee because of all the water Im drinking.
>>
Sleep with a humidifier next to your bed.
>>
Drink more during the day, learn to breath properly ( for example by going for a jog and only nose-breath). And yes, make sure your room is cold and humid enough. Don't eat salty stuff before bed
>>
Buy a chinstrap for yourself. I know they make some to help with snoring, so I'm sure there's a variety out there. At least, if you don't mind wearing the headgear when you go to bed. Also the other methods mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>17006589
Dont have the money for a unit, as of yet. I know this is an obvious fix but I figure I'll entertain some ideas.

>>17006603
I always make sure I drink enough, and even have those 1pm-2pm-3pm etc. Water Bottles. I cant control whether or not I breathe through my mouth if I'm asleep, however.

>>17006627
Tried that. I drool in my sleep sometimes, and the saliva got it wet and gives me rashes.
>>
>>17006672
Oh stop being a whiny bitch! Just hang a wet towel in your bedroom and yes, you can controle that! That's why i told you to go jog whilst only nosebreath. It will help your body to get back to normal breathing techniques and will help the amount of air you can comfortably breath in trough your nose (the reason you mouthbreath is because you haven't developed that enough...). If you can get this to normal levels, your body will switch back to nosebreathing. Try to keep that mouth shut when breathing durin the day
>>
>>17006683
Except I literally only mouthbreath in my sleep.

Please continue to shit on me for not having Gods Golden Plated Self-Lubricating Nostrils, ya twat
>>
>>17006672
Do you want dry mouth or drool? It's one or the other. Life isn't perfect.
>>
>>17006689
Yeah ok. That's why i told you to nosebreath in times of hightened oxigen use... Like jogging... Where you tend to breath heavier... You sound like a big baby. Oh it's too expensive. Oh i am a victim to my faith. Oh i get a rash. Pull yourself together. Ffs
>>
File: 1458798246312.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1458798246312.png
356KB, 572x380px
>>17006693
And you sound unecessarily angry.

Did dad come home drunk again?
>>
Get a saline nose spray (no medicine, just water and saline). Use it.

Wash your mouth out thoroughly before bed. Wet toothbrush no paste and scrub your tongue. Scrub it again. Wet it and scrub it again. Scrub your tongue some more. Get way back there. Gag and keep at it. Then use some mouthwash, and then toothpaste/toothbrush normally. And rinse mouth when done. Gargle plain water. Gargle plain water more often throughout the day, too.

Then lay down in a better sleep position where you won't snore and slack your jaw and make sure you have good neck and body support, and go to bed. It might not cure it, but it will help. Eat a spoonful or two of plain, non-fat greek yogurt after cleaning your teeth and swish it around to get it all over. Swallow it and then go to bed. See if that helps.
>>
>>17006696
You where the one who started to get hostile

>ya twat
>>
>>17006699
>stop being a whiney bitch
K
>>
>>17006580
humidifier or just open window to keep room from drying out

one of those anti-snoring strips to keep your nose open
>>
>>17006703
ok, you're right. my appologies. you are just bashing every advice by being whiny. i can't find a better word to describe your attitude.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.