[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I'm a NEET but I still feel like I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 14588206117.jpg (9KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
14588206117.jpg
9KB, 400x224px
Hey /adv/, I'm a NEET but I still feel like I don't have enough time. I wake up at 10, when my parents leave for work, then watch anime, and random shit on YouTube, and try to practice drawing. Then at 6PM I have to stop since my parents come home, and I don't want them to know I watch anime or draw (my PC is in the living room). So I just shitpost on the internet until 2AM which is when I go to sleep.

But even though it's 8 whole hours, I still feel like it's not enough to watch all dem animes and I barely get any drawing practice in. I've tried shifting my sleeping schedule so I stay up when my parents sleep, but then I still feel paranoid that they will randomly wake up in the middle of the night and see me watching anime/drawing, and I can't enjoy doing it then. When they are gone I feel safe since the garage door is loud as fuck so I know exactly when they come back even if I'm wearing headphones.

I've tried asking my parents to let me move my PC to my room but they said no, and I'm too much of a pussy to ask again. What do?

>inb4 I'm the most pathetic NEET on /adv/
>>
>>17001892

Draw on paper.
>>
>>17001892
How about trying to become a functional person instead of escaping your pathetic reality
If you know your parents would be upset at you for it and you're too weak to argue your case for why you're doing it then you already know you shouldn't be doing it.
>>
>>17001931
Hoh, decent idea actually. I've tried it before though and it's not nearly as enjoyable as digital though :/ I usually have to erase and redraw each line 1000 times, so I've used up like 50 pages before for one super shitty looking drawing. I will consider this further though, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>17001943

This is the only right answer OP. I didn't bother with it because it generally falls on deaf ears.
>>
>>17001943
Because I like it? Honestly I don't think my parents would even mind it, they are pretty lenient usually. Dunno I'm just a retard so for some reason I feel like I have to keep this and a lot of other things secret. I pretend to be a different person (not necessarily a better one) in front of my parents than I really am.

>>17001956
How do I start to fix myself?
>>
>>17001966

I don't know your situation. Your financial situation. Your education. Your approximate age. Etc.

The advice is the same for everyone though - get a job, go to school, or pursue art seriously if you can afford to NEET it up.

Anime WILL eventually get old.

If you really want to get into this, give me details and what you wanted out of life before you gave up.
>>
>>17001966
I have a hypothetical scenario for you anon

tomorrow your parents are in a car accident and die, there's a bit of money but not nearly as much as you thought since they had debts, what are you going to do now?
>>
>>17001966
It's OK to do things you like in your free time on your own dime, but try to think of what your parents see in you and why they're supporting you. You might not want your parents to see a different part of you because you're afraid of how it contrasts with their current view, but none of this matters when you're throwing your life away as a NEET doing nothing productive. In other words as long as you're not growing up and becoming independent, it doesn't matter how much of a good boy you try to be because you'll still only be a disappointment to them and yourself.
>>
>>17001980
Well, I'm going to college, but that's in like 3 months I think. I could get a job but I doubt I could handle that and college at the same time. How would this help though? When I was in HS it was all the same, except I was going to school. I could try to move out but my parents won't let me because they think I'm not independent enough to survive on my own - and they are probably right.

P.S. 19/M, never worked before, never had friends in my life, never was interested in anything until I got sorta interested in art recently. What I want out of life? Work as little as possible and live on my own in a faraway city while watching anime, shitposting, and drawing.

>>17001981
I move to my grandparents' place, after that they command my life as they see fit. They'll probably send me to some expensive university for a business degree.
>>
>>17002013

>what you want out of life
> watching anime, shitposting, and drawing.

So, if you could have anything whatsoever in life, this is what you would chose?
>>
>>17001943
This.
>>
>>17002007
Well, I pretty much know it doesn't matter.. but I still have this irrational fear of them knowing anything about me.

I don't care about being a "good boy" either, I mean my parents know full well I'm a NEET and I do nothing all day but laze around, except they think I only shitpost and play video games while I shitpost, play video games, watch anime, and draw. I think I'm a pathological liar or something, almost anything I say is half truth half lie. 4chan is the only place I can be honest.

Honestly I don't care about disappointing them much, either. I'm just too selfish for that.
>>
>>17002013
>What I want out of life? Work as little as possible and live on my own in a faraway city while watching anime, shitposting, and drawing.
what do you like about these things? Do you like shitposting for the reactions, knowing your voice is heard? Why do you like drawing? For the same reasons as shitposting, self expression? You're still young, what you want out of life will change and then you'll regret the hours wasted on shitposting and anime, but if you are a talented artist, that's obviously something worth developing as a hobby.
>>
>>17002013
Your lifestlye won't bring you anywhere except McDonalds but i even doubt it as well.

More like a degenerate neckbearded fat guy doing shitposting about anime for the rest of his life.
>>
>>17002033
I don't have sufficient life experience to answer that question. But if anything goes, I guess I could add "hanging out with a clone of myself" to that list. By which I mean someone who is like me and understands me and thinks in the same way. Because I'm totally a special snowflake and not like everybody else and a normal person won't do.

Or standing at night on the roof of a tall building listening to music in my headphones while watching snow fall on people walking down below through my binoculars. Enough with the delusions though.

>>17002044
Yes actually, I think you are right on the money. I really feel the need for self expression recently. I feel like nobody understands me and like I'm alone in the world.

Shitposting.. well, I was using that as a meme. I don't really shitpost. I just post on anime and video game forums, but these posts don't really make me feel like I'm accomplishing anything so you might as well say I'm shitposting. I don't troll or try to get reactions too often. (Fun to do sometimes though)

And drawing, well I'm utter shit at it. It's so bad I don't want to look at the drawings I've done so far, it makes me cringe and I just want to look away. I wouldn't even post them here.

And yeah I'll probably regret wasting my time like this. But what would I not regret? I don't know.

>>17002067
That's fine.
>>
>>17002043
>. but I still have this irrational fear of them knowing anything about me.
>I'm a pathological liar
>I don't care about disappointing them

You need to explore your feelings more. Reading books can help develop your introspective skills.

>pretty much, I mean, or something, almost, honestly, much, just, etc.
You sound like you're unsure of yourself.
>>
>>17002077
I do explore my feelings a lot sometimes, but even though I kinda (lol) know where my problems stem from and how to fix them I procrastinate too much and don't have enough confidence to take action. I need a therapist or something (lol) but I don't want my parents to know I visit one so..

And yes, you are right, I am very unsure of myself. Nice analysis of the way I use those words and stuff. I need to be more confident.. somehow. I've been afraid of failure probably since first grade, so yea.
>>
>>17002070

I give up. I guess your parents failed you despite providing financially stability.

At least try to realize why anime is appealing to you. Do your favorite characters sit around and do what you just listed? Would you watch a show about yourself? Wonder why?
>>
Just draw while your parents are home? They'll see you're practicing something, why would they get upset?

Fellow NEET here, you'll have to find a way to self sustain eventually friend, that or off yourself, whichever comes first, I usually lean on the offing myself most of the time
>>
>>17002077
And another thing that could probably help me is learning to live in the now, like in that book by Eckhart Tolle. I feel like a lot of my issues stem from that. Like, even if I became social and hung out with people and stuff, I would still regret it later in life probably, just like I would wasting time watching anime and shitposting.

I can't seem to enjoy anything I do in the moment. But when I look back upon some things I've done before I feel nostalgic and wish I could relive those experiences. So that's probably why I focus on things that give instant pleasure rather than long term goals. Or something.

>>17002094
It appealed to me because I thought "oh hey people that watch anime seem cool, I want to be one of them. Let's watch anime!". I don't think I enjoy it any more than watching normal movies, but I keep doing it just to kinda keep up my image? Like, it's something that defines me, so I have to do it.

I do enjoy it too though. The characters usually do cool shit though like saving the world and fighting monsters, and I would do that in real life but obviously that's not possible. Please do tell me which dark alley I can join the organization that protects Earth from familiars in, though.

And yes I'd love to watch a show about myself. I've thought about creating my own visual novel about my life or something but it will probably be 30 years before it's a remotely realistic goal.
As for why... I guess because I want self expression again.

>>17002105
They wouldn't get upset, I'm pretty sure. But I would still feel awkward for some reason. Maybe it's because when I was a child I told my parents that I hate art before, and I kinda did, I thought it was stupid.

But now my opinion has changed and I realize that art is actually pretty cool. But I guess I would feel stupid if I told that to my parents now. Maybe that's why.
>>
>>17002094
Also this might be cheesy but.. let's see.. basically I remember in some anime there was a big class trip and when someone didn't want to go, their classmates were like "but we should go on this class trip because we want to create good memories" or something like that.

I worded this really shittily but this is probably another reason I watch anime - to create memories or some kind of connection to other people. Even though they're fictional characters. I think I need friends.
>>
>>17002168
As for your parents thinking you're stupid, it might kind of suck at first, but you'll get over it. I used to never exercise but I started doing pullups and stuff a year or so ago. At first my parents would act surprised that I was doing them, especially because i hated exercise before, but after a while it became a normal thing. You shouldn't let your parents define your life anyway. As for making friends, humans are social creatures, so yes, you need friends. I would suggest going outside everyday or something.
>>
>>17002253
Ugh.. I don't think I can tell them, it's just so embarrassing for some reason. When I imagine it in my head I can just see them laughing at me and making fun of me for it. Even though I'm sure they wouldn't do such a thing.

It's much easier to tell this to a stranger because I know I can just run away and never have to see them again if things go sour. But my parents.. I'm stuck with them for at least another 2 years.

As for friends.. Well, I do go outside sometimes. But that has never lead me to talking to a person so far. Should I go to some kind of specific places? How would I strike up a conversation with someone? How do I keep them interested? Should I be friends with them if they aren't interesting to me at all? How do I keep up contact with them despite my severe case of procrastination and laziness? (I've made a thread on here a long time ago asking for friends but then never kept up contact with them for some reason.. maybe it was just too much of a pain to put effort into the conversation to keep it interesting, or maybe I just felt too pressured, or maybe it was just social anxiety.. dunno)
>>
i relate with you a lot op. i was and i guess still am the same way. was afraid of them knowing i exercised in my room for example. i think i was afraid because i didnt want them judging me, judging progress, and of course not being good enough. as stupid as that sounds. maybe thats why you dont want them to know about your art?
>>
OP, at least you have kept your dreams intact. Many people sell important parts of themself for a large price, and maybe it seems slow going now because you are deep and there is much happening within.
>>
File: 1458887206117.jpg (230KB, 600x3031px) Image search: [Google]
1458887206117.jpg
230KB, 600x3031px
>>17002320
>You shouldn't let your parents define your life anyway.

And man I wish I had the confidence to do this. I could be anyone I want to be if I just took action into my own hands instead of letting my parents choose everything for me. But I'm too scared of failure, and looking stupid. It seems like I'd rather take the safe route, keep the status quo, even though it's not what I want and it's a waste of time and I reset myself for it.

>>17002327
Yeah, I guess I really am scared of being judged. I remember my mom wanted me to exercise, but I specifically pretended to do all the exercises wrong, until she gave up on me. And now I kind of want to do it myself, but I would feel too ashamed if my parents found out. Thank god I'm too lazy to try exercising anyway.

I remember one time I brought home a clay pot thingy we made in art class and my parents keep praising me for it to this day, and sarcastically saying "maybe you should become a potter hahaha" and it makes me feel like shit. I guess I'm scared of them doing the same thing if I tell them I draw.

>>17002347
Well.. I guess. But I'm pretty sure no sane person would call "watching anime all day, shitposting, and drawing" a noble dream of any sort. And probably for a reason - I'm sure I'll regret wasting my time like this when I'm older. Saw this pic posted here a while ago, I guess it's sorta related - me in 70 years.
>>
>>17002362

trust me I would give anythint to be back to that. I was neet until 23, went to trade school and now I work all the time, but pretty soon I'll get back to having free time and what am I gonna do? anime, motherfucker.
>>
>>17002394
Heh, well, that's what I'm thinking too.. I mean, it's not like I hate my life or anything. Though there are certainly some things I don't like about my life that I'd change.. so that I could watch more anime.

But seems like a lot of people don't think this way. Maybe it's for a reason, or maybe they just enjoy different things.. who knows. I mean, isn't hanging out with friends and making small talk a waste of time too? You don't really get anything out of it short of satisfying your loneliness.
>>
>>17002406

I have wondered often about it.. in high school I had few friends, and I never went out. But I posted on internet forums all the time and I really enjoyed that.

then in college I wanted to be social cause I felt like I was supposed to. And I did. But really I just wanted to be at comfy at home.

Long story short, no one can dictate your lifestyle, and when you are providing for yourself, you will become proud of your lifestyle no matter what it is.
>>
>>17002417
True enough, I guess I shouldn't let others dictate my lifestyle. I'm just not sure myself whether it really is the best option for me. I don't mind it, but maybe there's something I could do that I'd enjoy more? Oh well, I'll figure it out with time probably.
>>
B-Bump?
>>
>>17001892
Dude wtf? I wake up at 8:40 am because i'm a technician so in my work when i dont have cellphones to fix i can watch animes or drawing or play. at 5:30 pm i get out from work because i go to school and i end it at 9:45 pm. And i live alone so i have all in my room.
My advice is: You are a lazy motherfucker and i am mexican. You are a shame dud, killyourself or become productive.
>>
>>17004120
im here op. >>17002327
i wanted to let you know you and i are in much the same position and we think the same way about things. im a little older than you but i coincidentally made a post just like this one here on /adv/ at 19 and ive come a very long way in the short while since then, but still not long enough. ive tried many things to change and improve but willpower alone can only take you so far.
see >>17002394 >>17002417
what ive realized is it comes down to our hormonal profile. im convinced my hormones are not what they should be for a young man in the peak of his life. i think you should consider this as well. for too long i thought it was all in my head that i had the symptoms of low t, low dopamine, etc., but my symptoms have only gotten worse over time, and recently i squeezed my nipple and there was discharge which proved everything. i dont want to speculate but these hormonal issues are actually very common. im currently in the process of trying to get my parents to help me see a doctor but its incredibly hard. i tried to make it clear i need to go but without telling them the details of my problems they think im not serious. i would strongly urge you to see if you are experiencing symptoms of hormonal imbalance as i suspect and if so get your blood tested asap and in the meantime, starting now, work on diet & exercise. go to >>>/fit/ you really must exercise, the sedentary lifestyle is catastrophic for your overall health. i know its hard but force yourself and youll feel better.

good luck.
>>
>>17004194
Ay hombre

We're the hardest working race.
>>
>>17004273
i win money while i watch animes.... u mad?
>>
>>17004266
It's nice to know I'm not the only one I guess. I wonder about the hormones though.. I don't think my testosterone is low, I mean my body is hairy as fuck and I'm already going bald at 19 lol. Doesn't that mean it's high? Not sure about dopamine though.

I kinda hate doing exercise cause it makes me feel sick. I'll have a stuffy nose and an aching throat for a few days after exercising usually, and it makes me super tired for the rest of the day too. Maybe I'm just not used to it though, I feel pretty lethargic most of the time, exercise or not.

I probably should try to work out though. I've noticed it even gives you an instant motivation boost, which is something I need badly. Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>17004392
>my body is hairy as fuck and I'm already going bald at 19 lol. Doesn't that mean it's high?
no, not necessarily. body hair is complicated and can be affected by different hormones depending on genetics. balding is due to dht but its more about genetic sensitivity. (you should consider getting that treated, by the way.) in fact balding is actually correlated with low t because t converts to dht.

>I kinda hate doing exercise cause it makes me feel sick. I'll have a stuffy nose and an aching throat for a few days after exercising usually, and it makes me super tired for the rest of the day too. Maybe I'm just not used to it though, I feel pretty lethargic most of the time, exercise or not.
this isnt normal, ive never heard of that nose and throat issue before. you should stick to it for a couple weeks and see what happens. but this along with the lethargy and low motivation is a much better indicator of something being wrong than the hair is of being right. you can try looking into L-DOPA and see if that helps but you should see a doctor about this stuff.
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42KB, 538x434px) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42KB, 538x434px
>>17004372
Ha. I am anime
>>
i mean just think about it, were young men, at 20 years old you should be feeling more energy than any other time in your life. instead we confine ourselves to the computer and internet, and worry about bullshit. it should make us feel sick to not be out and active but we choose to live like old retired ladies.
>>
>>17004535
Pretty much. At least the first part I agree with.

In your 20s (education, travel) you should be setting up for your 30s (career) in which you should be the most productive in your life, such that you can reap the benefits in your 40s, 50s and 60s. Yeah, being physically active surely is something that you should pursue - but at any stage in your life.

Slacking off is for your 60s and later on...
>>
>>17004513
Yeah, I probably should see a doctor. Don't know how I would do that without my parents knowing though....

Actually it could just be my diet. I eat mostly junk food and I doubt I'm getting enough vitamins and shit, no wonder I feel lethargic.

>>17004535
Well, true enough. I remember I used to be pretty energetic as a child, but now it takes lots of effort to make myself do the simplest things.
>>
>>17004561
yes exactly and i dont mean just physically active, we should be the absolute opposite of passive
>>17004605
i know how hard it is. i summoned the courage to open up to my parents and nothing good came of it. im sure a doctor could help you. for now work on what you can, diet and exercise, productive mindset, preparing for college, get a part time job to afford to see a doctor if you have to. a job could help you mature and worry less of what your parents think of you, but ive never had a job myself so i cant say..
>>
>>17002013

>work as little as possible
>don't think I could do college and work at the same time

You don't want to hear it but get over this and get over it fast. I assume your income is 0 right now so your parents don't care... work part time through college and bank every dollar you get and in 4 years you might not be reposting this thread while crying about debt repayment.

Hell, your art will always suck dick unless you work hard on that too.

You can't get around working. There are exceptions but they're not reliable. So get used to it.

signed a former NEET who wishes he saved more 10 years ago
>>
>>17004937
I'm going to college for free because my mom is a poorfag though, so there should be no debt. And why would I need money? Honestly I've had $145 for a while which I earned through means I will not disclose here and I don't really know what to do with it.

Sure when I'll be living alone I'll need money for rent and food, but I'm hoping I won't need to work too much to earn that much. I'm fine with working like 2-3 days a week, I just really hate the everyday 9-5 kind of work.

>>17004850
Maybe I should get a part time job.. but I'm scared of change man. Even though doing nothing is a choice too, I feel safer doing that rather than taking action to try to improve my life.

I hate taking on any kind of responsibility I guess. If I don't like the outcome of something my parents suggested I can just blame them, but if what I chose leads to an undesirable outcome I only have myself to blame. How the fuck do I get the courage to face my own mistakes?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.