[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivate myself through depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
After finally having access to a therapist through the VA and having talked to her a few times I was diagnosed with depression, which doesn't make sense as most of the time now I'm fine, even my anger has gotten better. Tbh, it had gotten so bad that I was planning on shooting up my college for about 5-6 months and almost did it before dad found a shit ton of gopher gassers in my car. For the most part I'm feeling better than I was but not good yet.

I'm not really hurting most of the time I just feel... kinda here ya know? I don't feel or care for much of anything. Nothing excites or motivates me anymore. I just have to do what I'm told.
>I don't want a job
>I don't want a gf
>I don't want to do a bunch of random shit for my family

I just want to be left the fuck alone. I don't get why people assume I want what everyone else wants. It sounds pathetic, but all I'd like is a small house out in the woods and live alone. I don't want to "le contribute to society".

Peace
and
Quiet

It's all I'd ask for. But no, I'm apperantly not functional enough to go where I want, make my own decisions, manage my own time, manage my own money, drink when I want, but what I want.

I'm just worried about days like these that make me want to swallow a shotgun barrel.

Bit of a rant but I'd like some insight
>>
*buy what I want
>>
>>17001228
You sound like a danger to yourself and most importantly others. I would suggest you check yourself into a mental hospital.
>>
It doesn't sound ridiculous at all. In matter of fact, it would be good for mankind in general if this sort of modest mindstate was more common. We've far too many people pursuing shallow, self-centered goals consuming the planet.

You know, it's not a far-fetched idea to want to live by yourself. If you can manage it, you should strive for independence. Work any menial job long enough to save some money and do just that, move out into the woods. What else would you be doing, anyway?
>>
File: 1458964537454.jpg (634KB, 1529x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1458964537454.jpg
634KB, 1529x2048px
>>17001228

>I don't want a job

So you want to be rich?

>I don't want a gf

You would tell pic related to fuck off if she said all she wanted was you to be happy?

>I don't want to do a bunch of random shit for my family

You want to make choices like an adult?
>>
>>17001317
I've done that before and didn't enjoy it. Only 4 days but still. Im currently seeing my therapist as stated previously and I don't really feel near as bad as I had.
>>
>>17001335
Not much desu but that's the plan.

>>17001339
I have a menial job and I receive disability + GI bill housing. Not illustrious but enough for what I'd need.

I would politely tell her that I don't feel that way about anyone anymore as I weigh the inherent risk of a gf not worth the reward. I could probably be her friend though.

As in random jobs for my various extended family on my off time gets annoying, especially when I'm not asked as an adult. If I'm going to be treated as a child, why work like an adult? Not being hostile either genuinely curious.
>>
>>17001385

Basically, your life sucks, you are afraid that anything good comes with too much risk. It's not that you don't want it, it's just that you are afraid you will lose it all and there's a very low chance of getting it in the first place.

I am positive this is the case, though I don't know if admitting it to yourself will make you feel any better.
>>
>>17001228
I'd say to Finland or somewhere rural where people mind their own fucking business, but you sound pretty mentally ill so you might need to be medicated or be committed lol.
>>
>>17001228
What's a gopher gasser?
>>
>>17001404
Would it make a difference how I feel about my situation? Maybe, maybe not. I've had a gf before, I have a job now and go to college but nothing makes me happy or feels as if it's worth the struggle.

It's taken awhile but I'm ready to move on and I know what I want, my family would just either try to stop me or even call the police depending on how I handled it. Yes, I only care about myself, but at the end of the day who cares for me most? Me and it's time I start doing what I want for a change.
>>
>>17001441
You stuff it in a gopher hole, light it and it kills gophers from its gas.

>>17001416
I've got my medication and it keeps me stable. I want to stay in the states though.
>>
>>17001479
>>17001495

Does your medical condition prevent you from LEGALLY being treated as an adult? If not, save money and eventually make the move.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.