[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lost my ability to talk/write properly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

After a period of "depression" I decided to go back to the real world,but to my desperation I found out I can't talk properly anymore,nor write. Whenever I want to say something I stutter and mumble and words just won't come out of my mouth.Even when I'm thinking,I can't come up with coherent tenses. Please help,it's driving me crazy. I visited the social anxiety forum beforehand but I realized its not my problem,I don't have anxiety,never had.
>inb4 how did you write this
It took a lot of effort.
Also,creativity and "intelligence" (and social intelligence) seem to have gone as well
>>
did you take medications? drugs like antidepressants have some long term side effects
give it 2 years to wear off
>>
>>16999845
No.Never have. That's why is so horrible,its like something broke inside my brain for no reason at all.
>>
>>16999834

go talk to people. only way to get better is by doing it. talk to a therapist if that helps
>>
>>16999857
The problem is,I can't reconnect in social situations because I don't have anything to say,my brain turned to jello
>>
Ive found myself in a similar predicament. Practice talking clearly by yourself and I suppose writing would also help. Did nothing but smoke dope for the last 5 years and now I am a fucking stammering retard. Your just out of practice, the fact you don't feel anxious is a good thing. Just put yourself out there and it'll get better
>>
improve your diet and exercise more.
you don't have to go full vegan, but definitely shift in that direction. stop eating wheat, and processed foods, hotdogs, etc. NO Caffeine, No alcohol, No drugs
avoid MSG, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial sweeteners.
walk at least 30 minutes a day, in sunlight
plus 30 minutes a day workout
>>
>>16999875
You think it will change over time? That's a relief. So,do I just practice talking to myself for a while? What about saying interesting comments? Can smoothness be recovered?
>>
>>16999869
Too bad. Practicing is the only way to get it back.
>>
>>16999882
I am pretty clean unless for exercise and caffeine. Do you think that if I modify those habits I will improve ?
>>
>>16999889
Definitely Bro. I am still along way from being perfect myself but I've found a vast improvement just with some practice and patience. I am assuming from what you've said that this was never a problem for you before? If so with a bit of perseverance the fog should clear
>>
>>16999902
your brain can't function properly without sunlight and exercise.
Caffeine fucks a brain up, avoid it like the plague.

I was severe depression, just from being indoors all the time. Get some sunlight.
>>
>>16999902
You'd be amazed how little lifestyle things like diet and exercise can affect the brain. Eating right and staying fit will improve everything you do especially this, as it will dramatically improve your alertness and confidence. I'm not talking about running marathons and becoming a vegan here either. Eat more fruit and veg and go for a walk every other night. You'll start to notice a difference
>>
>>16999950
Also drink plenty of water and be sure to get into a good sleeping routine
>>
Thanks to all of you.I'll give it a try.
>>
>>16999955
Good luck
>>
walking daytime is better than at night.
a) you need sunlight anyway
b) sweat out toxins from your system
c) safer than in the dark
d) meet qt at the park, and start exchanging bodily fluids with her.
e) walk and talk at the same time
>>
You probably became so depressed, to the extent that you lost insight and started experiencing catatonia (mutism which you describe is a part of catatonia). Also, you most likely have very severe clinical depression since it went so far. Watch out for symptoms of psychosis, as they often start when depression gets severe enough.
I would advice getting psychiatric help as soon as possible. If it gets very bad, call 911.
Medication usually helps a lot and works very fast for this kind of disorder, and you will most likely get on with your life just as before once medicated.

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/catatonic-depression
>>
>>16999994
>sweat out toxins from your system

I was with you except for the toxins part.
Let me guess, you also believe in cleansing.
>>
>>16999999
>>17000000
My advice is to check these gets.
>>
>>17000039
Aren't there any natural ways to heal my condition?
>>
>>17000175
No. How do you expect to heal a chemical imbalance naturally?
Your depression is as much of a diagnosable and treatable illness as diabetes. You wouldn't seek natural remedies if you had diabetes, would you? So I'd advise you to follow evidence based medicine instead and seek psychiatric help and medication.
If you don't, it will either get worse over time, or you will cycle through these depressive episodes which will just make your life a nightmare.
The sooner you will get in treatment, the better the outcome will be.
>>
So you basically turned into the average 4chan user?
>>
>>16999882
But caffeine isn't bad for you if you don't have anxious tendencies... At least in the form on simple coffee.
>>
yo i have the same problem
im just coming out of the depression and its difficult to properly express myself. spent like 2 years crying alone in my bedroom. now i stutter a lot and people can easily tell

i dont see how exercise helps cause i do it +3 times a week and dont see improvement

i was just watching how people dub series to other langguages and their voice exercises are so effective. is there like a guide to this online?
>>
>>17000613
I second this. Share a guide!
Also,lets keep the thread open even though OP packed his stuff
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.