[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reinventing Myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

My situation
>I've had a rough life. was the "weird kid" and was bullied at all my schools
>cus I used to be an asshole, I pissed off a lot of people and got in trouble a lot
>people would try to take advantage of this and accuse me of shit I didn't do
>interested in graphic design and art
>want to become semi-famous online so I can make a living from my design work
>don't want people from my past to be able to find me under my old name

I'm considering changing my name because I want to reinvent myself
>no criminal record whatsoever (not even a speeding ticket)
>no mental health problems or anything that might make a judge think twice about letting me change it

The thing I'm wondering about though, is will I have to keep some record of my old name?

If I did change my name, would I be able to shed my past completely?

If there's some other alternative to changing my name, that would help me distance myself from my past that would be helpful.
>>
Just use an alias
>>
>>16991395
>The thing I'm wondering about though, is will I have to keep some record of my old name?
Yes. Even if you legally change your name, there will be times when you have to list names you've previously used. You don't have to go around offering this information to people who don't ask for it, but you can't lie.

>If I did change my name, would I be able to shed my past completely?
Define "completely".
>>
>>16991406
Common thing for artists to do OP. I agree with this.
>>
>>16991410
>there will be times when you have to list names you've previously used.
in what cases?

>but you can't lie.
if your name is legally changed, would it be lying to say a____ is my name.
obviously you can't say: my name was never b____ / i never changed it

>Define "completely".
well, I would want no (relevant) records of my old name
like, I want my new name to be the only one available online (assuming I don't put it up myself)
you see on Wikipedia, all the celebs who changed their names, their old name is at the very top,
I'm assuming they have made public their old name, but would Wikipedia be required to put my old name?
>>
you're still a weird fuckup.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.