[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth it to cross the country for an online fling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: nahp-suicide-girl-of_13AEEF.jpg (100KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
nahp-suicide-girl-of_13AEEF.jpg
100KB, 600x400px
TL;DR: Met a girl online last week, we really hit it off and I'm thinking about visiting her across the country for one weekend. Thoughts?

I frequented a webchat that is extremely populated in my country, to find girls for webcam sex and so on. It's always been about just 1 videocall and then I block most girls, or the girls block me, nothing serious, it was just quick fun for both and that's it. But last week I met a girl, we started talking, and really hit it off, really connected. The past 4 or 5 nights we've spent them together, talking in Skype. Not only sexually, just hanging out, talking about anything. I feel like I'm at least infatuated with her, and she's sent me poems about me and so on. Also, she's actually a SuicideGirl (pic not completely related, it's not her) and really hot, keeps sending me videos and pictures and so on (not a catfish or anything, already got that possibility out of the way)

I've already made her clear in various moments that I want a relationship with someone near me, that I'm not into LDR. She understands that and says she won't be hurt. She's actually coming to live to my city in 8 months or so for academic reasons (she told me this before I actually told her my city, just in case you guys think it's a ruse) but I'm not patient enough to hold a LDR for that long, and I might meet someone else along the way.

The thing is, I'm thinking about buying a plane ticket and rent a hotel room in her city, so we can meet for one weekend. I'm still in college and don't have much money, and I'd probably have to lie to my parents (still live with them and they're the protective kind) so it's a bit of a crazy idea, but not sure if it's a good one. What do you guys think?
>>
No - so many times no.

a) There are so many things that you can spend your money on instead of buying a plane ticket.
b) Lying to parents - because of a girl... i don't even...

Best advice - do the hard yards and meet up some girls offline. Yes its very hard to do that, but will do you a lot of good in the long run.

I would urge others to give a more in-depth explanation of how much of a bad idea this is.
>>
>>16987260
>Met a girl online last week
>Want to go across the country for her.
Hi OP.

Let me just say, as someone who literally DID cross the U.S. for a girl when he was a teenager: No.

You met her a week ago. In all actuality, you barely know her. If you had known her for years, it would be one thing. But you met this chick a week ago.
>>
Why not?
I mean, Life's all about a good experience.
If it works it will be a valuable experience, something you enjoy.
I did the same, went to germany from easter europe for the same reason, for 2 weeks. and it was REALLLYY GOOD, it wasnt even about sex only or w/e, the experience is just amazing.

she was super excited, and we really hit things off. she visited me after 3 months in my country.

so tl'dr, yeah go for it, dont be that one jew that thinks he shouldnt spend money for something he actually enjoys ;b
>>
>>16987271
Yeah I understand, this is a terrible idea. I just wrote this in a rush as soon as I got the idea, even looked at some plane tickets and so on. By the way, for context I'm 21 and she's 19, she started with the SG things very soon and only sold 2 sets, not really a pro or anything.

What should I do? Keep having fun with her until I meet a girl offline, and then scale down our "relationship"? The thing that busts my balls is that she'll probably be living near me in half a year or so. Not really in my same city, kinda stretched that out, but visiting her would cost me very little, which I wouldn't care about visiting every few weeks to fuck a girl as hot as her. So I wanna "keep her around" until then, in case we're still single and that's a possibility.

Also I'm not completely dry out of possibilities of meeting offline girls. Next week there's a big event in which I might have a chance, and also there's a classmate with which I've started talking with more and more. But I haven't had something in many years so I'm feeling a bit desperate by now.

>>16987281
You're right. As I said I'm "infatuated". Thanks for your opinion.

>>16987282
I would totally go for it if I actually had enough money for myself and I wouldn't have to lie to my family. But the most reasonable thing is not doing it to be honest.
>>
>>16987287
Talk to your parent that you trust the most. Tell them that you will honestly listen to their opinion, but will not necessarily take their advice.

At least do this if you are going to go. Your parents probably have a lot better perspective of this situation than people on this board do.
>>
It's just 6 months ffs...
Just meet other girls in the meantime, and have some fun, but do not get into serious commitments that would hinder your ability to really connect with this online infatuation of yours.

The money you DON'T spend on travelling far just to see her for just a few days will be better spent when you can spend time with her for months, just half a year from now.
>>
>>16987260
>Worth it to cross the country for an online fling?
I cannot in good conscience recommend it. Whirlwind romances are extremely dangerous, especially with that much distance involved. There may be real love here, for all I know, but until the honeymoon phase is over, it's basically indistinguishable from mere infatuation.

I have seen cross-country romances work out, including some that started out long-distance (one was even an arranged marriage). But all of them involved a long period of getting to know one another first. The quickest one I've seen work still took two years, and you've only had a few days.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.