[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semi-Romantic Date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

So I have been dating a new girl for a couple of weeks and we are going to hang out again this Friday - picking her up about 6, will get to the coast/beach about 6:20 - 6:30, sunset is about 7:30

So I figure a good surprise would be to bust out dinner stuff and we can make food together on the tail gate of my truck - I have a one burner camper stove and I guess the rest would have to be cold stuff like salad

Can I get some dinner ideas? Preferably something that we can make in about an hour.

We are both vegetarian - only going to have one small camper stove

Thanks friends
>>
bump for romance and justice
>>
>>16979852

i did this two weeks ago, except i actually bought her dinner instead of being a cheap mother fucker.

that being said, if someone took me on a date, id prefer your approach rather than an expensive restaurant, so there is that.

as for good vegan things to cook on the grill, do you need to cook things for vegans? isnt salad the basis of what you eat anyways? if not, consider going to trader joes or other fancy vegan friendly places and check for fucking tofu burgers and the like
>>
>>16980216
>except i actually bought her dinner instead of being a cheap mother fucker.
Cooking is an act and something 2 people can do together, being a guy that can cook is an attractive trait and the point was to surprise her - not drive her out to the ocean in a vehicle that smells like french fries, man.

I am leaning more towards spaghetti and salad but was hoping on getting more suggestions.

I might have a bigger grill I could bring if I needed though
>>
>>16980245

>bought her dinner instead of being a cheap mother fucker
>CAR THAT SMELLS LIKE FRIES

nigga i spent 80 bucks on dinner at a nice restaurant with a reservation at sunset over looking the beach.

>cooking is something 2 people can do together

kind of, if both parties are in on it.

spaghetti sounds like a nightmare to cook on the tail of a truck tbqh familia.

if ur gonna do redneck barbeque you might as well do it right. make a veggie burger or a tofu dog and have fun.

tbqh id snuggle up with you after a night of that.
>>
>>16980258
>tbqh id snuggle up with you after a night of that.
Dick in the popcorn

I was thinking if we sat down and chopped and sliced food together it'd be fun - we're going to be sort of in the middle of nowhere so veggie burger seems a bit too simple for what I want us to do
>>
>>16980245
If you can get your hands on some potato gnocchi, you can first cook a tomato sauce on the burner, then pour the gnocchi directly into the sauce, then you're done. For the sauce, just a little onion, olive oil, salt, pinch of sugar. Basel at the end. Classic Italian dish.
Also great idea for a date.
>>
>>16980277
>If you can get your hands on some potato gnocchi,
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions
>>
>>16980281
You're welcome. They are typically ready in 4-6 mins
>>
>>16980274

nigga ur surprising her with food in the back of a truck, she wont erally care abotu prepping the food, and will more likely be annoyed at a complicated process.

something simple and vegan is fine. picnics are more popular than this cuz they dont expect women to wkor on things they dont necessarilly know (cooking in the back of a truck wiht limited resources, essentially meaning they will just watch you) so this should be simpel as possible.

you are way over thinking the situation you adorable little faggot.
>>
>>16980292
>she wont erally care abotu prepping the food, and will more likely be annoyed at a complicated process.

I completely disagree - and I think she will find this to be a pretty awesome surprise.
>>
>>16980292
It rally depends dude. If you're attitude is nervous and controlling, she's not going to have fun. But if you talk and joke around and in the meantime you cook, that's a reliable and fun guy right there. No reason to think she's not going to like it. It's not as if he's never going to bring her to a restaurant ever.
>>
>>16980342
That's how I see it; she's probably been on dozens of dates to restaurants in her life but I bet this will be her first date like this. It's like an hour of talking and joking centered around making/experimenting with food, having a few beers, and listening to music, it'll be a good time.
>>
>>16980300
>>16980342

all im saying is that you are FIXATING on forcing her to prep food she wont really be comfortable prepping in the back of a truck. for the most part shes going to have to sit back and watch cuz she doesnt know what ur bringing or how to handle it in the back of a truck.

just make it simple.
>>
Consider kebabs. Just skewer some things like mushrooms, tomatoes, baby corn, peppers, etc. and grill them. It has that level of customization that's good for a picky eater, it's simple and straightforward, and they taste pretty good. Bring some different seasonings, too, so you can each pick your own. You could even pre-make some tofu cubes, if you want some protein.

I've done it with my boyfriend over a bonfire (I'm vegetarian, he isn't) and it was a lot of fun, even when we eventually got rained out.
>>
>>16981268
>FIXATING on forcing her to prep food
Man, it's not even like that. That's like saying if you take a girl to Disneyland you are forcing her to ride roller coasters. The only semi-complicated thing is going to be the camping burner and I will handle that, other wise it'll just be us choppin' and slicin'.

>>16981313
>Consider kebabs.
> Bring some different seasonings
>You could even pre-make some tofu cubes
Great idea and great suggestions, thank you so much
>>
I love D
>>
I can't wait!
>>
http://www.theflamingvegan.com/view-post/12-Great-Vegan-Campfire-Recipes
>>
>>16981628
>http://www.theflamingvegan.com/view-post/12-Great-Vegan-Campfire-Recipes
Good looking out friend, thank you
>>
>>16981313
This is a good plan. Don't forget, halloumi. Yum. Perhaps a disposable BBQ. Is that cheating?
>>
>>16980277
Nice
>>
>>16982707
fuck you and your spam
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.