[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holding back bf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (57KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 460x460px
My bf is 22, i'm 27. We have an awesome relationship. But sometimes i wonder if i am holding him back, tying him down in something that's already way too serious for his age. I have talked about this with him and he states that he doesn't want anything else. I fear that he will one day resent "settling down" so early on. How do i prevent this? What are things you should do before "settling down"? How can "settling down" be AS exciting as anything else?
>>
22 isn't THAT young for him to settle down at. Maybe if he was like 20 and under or something.
Stop overthinking it.
>>
>>16972189
Well hes going to regret it. But its one of those things he has to do himself and kick himself for. Its his fault. As long as you arent cajoling him into it and even warned him properly he cant blame you.
As someone whos been in his shoes hes going to regret it only when you two break up. Itd be fine if you actually settled down, but say you break up in like 3 years, it means he blew those years with you instead of doing those 'exciting' things.
>>
>>16972206
That's relieving. Everybody seems to be agreeing that you should only start to "settle down" after 25. I mean, he can still life his 20's to the fullest. The only thing would be that i'm not down with him sleeping around.
>>
Big boys can make big boy decisions, don't give a shit and keep doing your thing
>>
>>16972219
What are those "exciting" things you missed out on? I do think that the two of us are going to work out in the long run. I can totally see us having a family one day. I just don't want to rush him into this.
>>
>>16972224
Kek
You're absolutely right.
>>
>>16972189
>My bf is 22
>i'm 27

either your bf is a stud, or you're ugly as shit
>>
>>16972206
I settled down when i was 17 i'm happy and love my partner and dont regret a thing i honestly don't think you should worry
>>
>>16972238
That statement doesn't make any sense... Those two don't cancel each other out
>>
>>16972240
Oh, wow, that's young. I have a female friend who got married when she was 18. They have been for 10 years now and have 3 kids. But their relationship is rocky. I don't want to end up like them. Lots of drama. My parents had been very young too (21 and 23). But that was a catastrophe
How long have you two been dating? What would be some piece of adv you would give people wanting to settle at a young age?
>>
>>16972241
You betcha ;)
>>
>>16972254
Ok, english is not my first language so i had to look up the definition of "stud".
Kek
Well, yes he might be. But why would dating an older girl make him a stud? And no, i'm not ugly
>>
>>16972260
there we the go, the answer to be expected.
man, you are basically desperate for this guy, and you subconsciously know he holds the higher ground in terms of your relationship.
>>
>>16972268
I don't get your train of thoughts. Why should i be desperate for him? Yes, i love him. But he loves me too. There's no power struggle or upper hand in our relationship
>>
>>16972279
yet you started a thread over this.
you're insecure that he might leave you and you're putting all your eggs in one basket.
let me spoonfeed you some more.
>>
>>16972291
I'm not worried that he might leave. I'm worried that he will regret settling down so early in, say 10-15 years. So i wanted to know what he MIGHT be missing out on in order to minimize the chance rhat he gets a serious case of fomo later in life
>>
>>16972297
the point still stands.
you're insecure about it, so these possibilities are still there and you're trying to block them out.
it looks like you already know you're holding him back...
>>
>>16972308
Well, you can never take somebody you are dating for granted. The possibility to lose somebody is in the nature of every relationship. I'm not worried that he "can do better", that he would leave for somebody his own age or what not. And no, i am not holding him back. I just had a talk about this with him yesterday. Basically we where talking about our plans for the future and then i told him that i don't want to make him feel suffocated or tied down. He then told me that he doesn't feel that way and even if he would, he wouldn't mind being "tied down" by me.
>>
>>16972327
>i told him that i don't want to make him feel suffocated or tied down
you acknowledge it.
>he wouldn't mind being "tied down" by me
he acknowledges it. especially now, since the thought is in his head.

the subconscious is a strong thing.
btw, what did you expect him to say? of course he will word it so as to comfort your self-defined awesome relationship. that's what men do.

what guy would be silly enough to, say go to a sex mansion and come back and tell his gf everything he did? obv he would feed her the words that the relationship needs to stay alive.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.