[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reverse lookup with a license plate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1456064816208.jpg (25KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1456064816208.jpg
25KB, 640x634px
Wasn't sure where to put this so I figure it's best to ask for advice. I'm wondering if any of you fine people have the ability to look up a license plate for me. Guy reversed into me in a parking lot, jumped out of the car, threw a card for his insurance company at me, and sped off. I got his license plate number but the card has none of his information on it. When I called his insurance company, they refused to give me any information until I can get the guy's name. I'm kind of stuck here and would really appreciate some advice. Will provide the license plate number if anyone can help me.
>>
I have no idea but bringing it to the police might be an easy solution
>>
How do we know that you're not some stalker with a restraining order?
>>
You can't, you can only look it up if you're an authority who has a genuine reason to look up licence plates. It's a privacy thing. Go and report it to the police, or talk to your own insurance company
>>
>>16971474
The police in Wisconsin basically refuse to help unless it's at least $1000 worth of property damage and the shop I went to quoted me $850 to fix the bumper so I'm up shit creek on that one. I'll try my insurance company in the morning. I didn't even think about that so I appreciate the advice. Thank you.
>>
>>16971221
You should have went to the cops as soon as it happened.
>>
>>16971483
How did you not think to call your insurance company?
>>
>>16971483
It's technically a hit and run and a violation of the law. You should try before you say fuck it.
>>
>>16971496

This...
>>
>>16971483
>>16971496
Yo, hit and run, report it to the police and your insurance company. Give the information you've collected to both.

If neither assist go here, fill in "ov" after the "wi.g": http://datcp.wi.g/Consumer/Consumer_Complaints/index.aspx
>>
>>16971487
I did. I called the cops and gave them the license plate number and they told me to call the department, thus getting me to where I currently am.
>>16971490
I called them to report a claim but told them I didn't have the guy's name and would get back to them when I got it.
>>16971496
I'll get everything wrapped up tomorrow. Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm not as shaken up as I was earlier and feel a lot less powerless. Here's hoping my insurance company pulls through or I can call the cops and talk to a different officer who doesn't shit on me over this.
>>
>>16971507
Thank you for the link. I'll file a complaint tomorrow if I can't get any headway with my insurance company or the police department.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.