[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
I've been alone all my life. Anyone I would call a friend always left me or made me feel worse. I have never been in a relationship and have never had any physical contact with anyone. Ive always been a nice person, and everyone thinks I'm a very happy being. I have no family and no friends. I spend my days locked in a dark room, and I recently purchased a revolver which I dry fire at my head whenever Im especially sad. I'm afraid I'll never be able to fall in love because I feel like I could never love someone who hasn't felt the things I've felt. Is it possible to be in such a depressing state for so long that you can never fully recover or be truly happy again?
>>
>>16958191

>>>/r9k
>>
It is possible if you never leave your room.

There is a whole world for you to explore and many interesting souls out there who you have yet to meet.
>>
>>16958223
I stay in because of the shit I've dealt with outside. I look at everyone as scum even though I'm constantly wanting affection too. I hate meeting people because I can never see anyone as a helpful person to me
>>
Gr8 advice everyone

Goodnight
>>
>>16958191
> Ive always been a nice person
I doubt it, that's not your call to make.
>>16958247
>I look at everyone as scum
And there we go. Guess your account of yourself is completely unreliable.

> I'm afraid I'll never be able to fall in love
Don't give me that wangsty teen bullshit.

>someone who hasn't felt the things I've felt
You will never know how other people feel, so this is a stupid and somewhat arrogant outlook.

Maybe if you stopped masturbating over your self gratifying little pity party you'd be more functional.

You have no-one, so it's up to you to internalise that no amount of emotional feedback from this mental self flagellation crap is worth being such a teenager about this.
>>
>>16958191
>I spend my days locked in a dark room, and I recently purchased a revolver which I dry fire at my head

So you're gonna kill yourself because sitting in your room all day is boring?
>>
>>16958247
How many hours of your life have you spent outside?

How many cities have you visited? Countries have you been to? Cultures have you been immersed in?

I feel pity for a soul who sees himself so grand that he would turn down the gift of hospitality in a foreign environment. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world to be given kindness from a stranger.

You were so busy worrying about finding friends that you forgot they were once strangers at first.
>>
>>16958305
>I feel pity for a soul who sees himself so grand
This is a good line, but there is nothing special about exposing yourself to new things. Whenever I get dragged against my will or better judgement into something I'm told I'll enjoy I end up bored at best and miserable at worst. Some of us have found a comfort zone to sit in, and as long as we're not utterly self absorbed twats like crawling in my skin over here it should be a non issue.
>>
>>16958315
You didn't dive far enough and only got your feet wet.

We spend most of our lives returning to the same home. The same car, the same house, on the same street, with the same things in your drawers.

There's something magical about going some place different, either far away or even close by. Something about meeting new people and if you get lucky, forge life-long relationships that start from just a simple "hello".
>>
>>16958336
For you, I'm absolutely sure this is true. But when I read this all I hear is my family or my coworkers, all of whom were completely incapable of comprehending that someone could feel differently to them. Clearly if I don't enjoy something it's because I haven't been subjected to enough of it.

What is wrong with you people that you can't leave well enough alone?

>We spend most of our lives returning to the same home. The same car, the same house, on the same street, with the same things in your drawers
I. Fucking. Wish.
More than anything I just want a nice routine to my life. Whenever things go unpredictable or inconsistent I get stressed and irritable. It may be boring to you, but you're doubtless the sort of person that can never be happy with anything and is always on the lookout for the one thing that will fill the void in your expansive but vapid existence.

Well I've found mine, and I don't need what your ilk is shovelling.
>>
File: 1202472403715.jpg (945KB, 1600x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1202472403715.jpg
945KB, 1600x1171px
>>16958390
You are right. I am searching for something that I am not aware of. And the only way to find what I am looking for is to keep searching. To keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I am not as lucky as you to have contentment in my soul. Complacency will kill me, and the only thing routine gets done is on-time.

But homogeneity will kill a species, and for the sake of our existence we must be different. Yes, I know my existence in the grand scheme of things is futile, and knowing this I choose to see something different every day. Sorry but not sorry.

And all those here among us can choose their own destiny.
>>
>>16958305
Not OP, but similar-ish situation. I leave my room, I'll go innawoods, I'll socialize with the few friends I have in this state, but I feel eternally alone. Never had a gf.

Used to backpack hard, still bug out innawoods every now and then, although it's rare for me to camp out.

Cities? Countless. Countries? 9, I think, maybe more. Hospitality? Had plenty of it. In fact, I've had some pretty incredible experiences.

And yet here I sit, alone, in front of my computer and next to a rack of servers, awaiting my next chance to go overseas. No gf. Nothing but what I am to you now - another faggot posting on cuckchan.
>>
>>16958465
Red queen theory. At least you're better off than the next guy.

Remember you were never guaranteed success. The only thing your hard work guaranteed was a greater chance of success.
>>
>>16958438
This seems like a flowery way of blowing off the fact that there's an emptiness in you and attempting half-assedly to excuse it and make it seem like some grand and noble venture.

This is just my prediction, but I don't think that you will find what you are looking for, because it is not in human nature to be contented. We always want for more and are never satisfied with what we have.

The difference between us, I suspect, is that I've sat back and thought about it enough to realise that the reality of anything I could desire will never match up to the expectation (because the expectation is so vague), and that to be happy I should double down on what I know works.

Furthermore, I think you would have realised this if you'd not been so impetuous, so certain in your feelings, if you'd looked before you leaped instead of chasing the proverbial dragon your whole life.

Stop and smell the roses and think about things for a change. Reminisce. Realise how much all these experiences mean to you. You may find some have stuck deeper than others.
>>
>>16958500
You can stop analyzing what I wrote, since you are essentially repeating the information I told you initially.

Like I said before, yes my existence is being fueled by a perpetual pursuit. Like the wolves whom chase the sun and moon across the sky, right now I am destined to run towards what I believe is my goal - Something so close yet so far away.

Your thought process is toxic to me. I would never be able to live with myself knowing that there is still so much out there with still so little time. Complacency kills. You only know about the tallest mountain on earth second hand - only ever looking from the bottom up at the ones who summited it
>>
>Ive always been a nice person, and everyone thinks I'm a very happy being.
>I look at everyone as scum even though I'm constantly wanting affection too.
>I hate meeting people because I can never see anyone as a helpful person to me.

You're possibly autistic. No this isn't a fuck off to r9k, reeee thing. You possibly have a moderate form of autism and depression.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autism-Spectrum-Depression-Nick-Dubin/dp/1849058148

I have a similar thing and the short of it is that you need to find reasons and excuses to be somewhere doing something, preferably groups where you socialize. I cope well within these groups when there, but otherwise I wouldn't specifically be drawn to them and found myself needing to force myself out, same with both my parents.

There is also then this paradox that's... hard to talk about where, you both are cheerful, social and amiable with people, while also thinking instinctively less of quite a lot, if not nearly all people that you are around. If you have this(but never act on it of course), have a moderate form of autism.

And this last part may be a bit heartless, or... stern, but you may as well load the gun, if you keep doing what you have been doing. Nothing will change unless you, figure out today what you're going to change. Write it down. Grab a piece of paper and write it down.
What do you want to change about your current environment?
Go out and socializing more?
How are you going to change it?
Make time for it. Join something. A club? Make use of that Revolver other than for suicide.
Plan. Make an actual plan, and try to follow it. See if anything in your life ends up improving, and if you think it has... good. Keep going. Life and shit and hard and will happily let you starve if you let food pass by. Same goes for love, and friendship.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.