[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't remember dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: received_1014671251877373.jpg (55KB, 537x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_1014671251877373.jpg
55KB, 537x720px
When I was a kid and even in my teen years I used to dream all the time, I even kept a journal of sorts to remember my dreams and use them later for evaluation or for writing fiction, etc. Etc. But since I've been about 19 or 20 I'll wake up and not remember a damn thing, as if everything were black the whole time. Sometimes however I get flashes of my "dreams" throughout the day where I'll remember parts or small segments of a dream but nothing else. I do wake up about 3 or 4 times in the night (every night).

How can I remember my dreams? They used to feel a little important to me but for the past few years its like my mind goes completely blank.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>16956707

the general advice is waking up and writing it down before it escapes you. its funny how fast dreams can fade. so weird.

but getting full nights sleep would likely help, as you arent having the dreams 'escape' you in the middle of the night. you'll get deeper sleep too.

find out whats waking you up and fix it, not just for the dreams but to stop being zombie sleepy mode all the time
>>
>>16956709
The weird thing is that the dream seems to escape me as it happens, if at all. Things are black and then suddenly I'm aware. I remember black, that's what's vivid and fresh in my mind. I'm 23, now so my dream and sleep cycle has been this way for a while. Its just recently come to my attention because my girlfriend always asks me what I dream about. She'll wake up in the night or watch me sleep and I'll be twitchy, toss and turning, facial expressions, and (she's said this numerous times in the past few years) that I do things with my hands like hold them up in front of me, like I'm examining the back of my palm or pushing something away.

Her persistence in asking what I dream about has now gotten me curious on why I can never remember anything. Except very, very rarely a flash or two throughout the next day.
>>
>>16956736

thats interesting but not much more i can say then find out why yo ukeep waking up and eliminate that.

deeper sleep should lead to more memories.
>>
>>16956743
Its a start, thanks anon. The more I think about the flashes I get the more it bothers me. Usually its nothing more than a car, or a face, or I'm staring down at the ground or something, but nothing significant enough for me to recall anything else.
>>
>>16956707
you might need better and/or more sleep
make sure you're actually relaxed when going to sleep, and you go to bed in time
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.