[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are women so friendly and forward when you appear sad? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: sadfrogvector.png (333KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogvector.png
333KB, 2048x2048px
Why are women so friendly and forward when you appear sad?

It seems like the only time I have girls approaching is when I'm on the verge of tears. Whenever I look depressed, they seem to be more at ease, comfortable, in my presence. They're more willing to talk and hang out. And sometimes they're the ones approaching me for various stuff.

One recent example was when it seems like nothing was going to work out with a girl I've been spending the past year falling in love with. I walked around campus on the threshold of breaking down. This was also one of those rare moments where I decided not to hide it. If people could tell on my face something was up, so be it.

And as a result, I had a classmate I haven't seen in a year, nor was very close to, randomly say "hi" before heading to do her finals. Another girl, whom I've never seen before, come up to me in the library and introduced herself (got her number right after). Another girl I hadn't seen in a while, but had a crush on before, came up to me to talk and catch up (got her number as well after this). A few women in my classes that I got to know this term were more friendly and snuggling up to me a bit. And some girl who I apparently met earlier this term, but I don't remember, stopped me to have a chat, then gave me a hug before heading off somewhere else.

This isn't the first time I've had stuff like that happen when I go around looking like I'm about to cry. I don't see the appeal, either. So why does it work on women?
>>
>>16956387
Because they watched Donnie Darko too many times and think you're mysterious and brooding.
>>
>>16956404
this. when i was younger, about 16-17, i was really quiet and would often looked depressed, women loved it. Not all women, but a large percentage of are obsessed with romantic fantasies. Sad guys appear interesting to them, they look as though they have shit going on in their life.
>>
>>16956387
Mothering nature. You're headed for friendzone town this way though - not sure if you're aware of that.
>>
Maternal instinct.

There was a study, that I can't find anymore, where men and women rated how attractive certain facial expressions were on the opposite sex. For men, smiling was the most attractive on women. While women rated sad-looking men the highest. Apparently, a sad guy is viewed as more in need of somebody to be there for him; while smiles appear to be seen as a feminine trait.
>>
https://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2011/05/moody-men-more-attractive-than.html
>>
File: 1453751973402.jpg (25KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
1453751973402.jpg
25KB, 592x592px
>>16956439
>blogs
>>
>Women like men who cry because they "think you're mysterious and brooding"
>Women hate men who cry because they "see weakness and don't respect you as a man"
/adv/ in a nutshell: They have a lot to say, but no clue what they're talking about.
>>
>>16956472
Internet advice regarding women tend to be hostile and vehement anyway.
>>
>>16956439
Simply put: Women are attracted to passion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.