[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help, /adv/ I recently returned to college after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (88KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 350x600px
I need your help, /adv/

I recently returned to college after a four year hiatus. Because of my academic standing, I was required to enroll in 5 classes in order to receive financial aid. I'm also working a full time job. Needless to say I'm feeling very overwhelmed and I'm beginning to wonder if I should continue to pursue my degree. What should I do /adv/?
>>
>>16949588
I went back to college when I was 26.

I was a FT student, and I was working FT. The kicker? School was an hour commute.

Persevere. The end-result is worth it. You will adjust, I promise you, but it will take time.
>>
>>16949811
fuck. that.

i started college again at 22 after dropping out at 19. both time at community college, I also have an hour commute and but the classes i have are 3 fucking hours long due to it being a trade associates. 5 classes would be hell.

honestly i would look at starting with associates, maybe even just a cert and moving from there. if you're gonna do a 4 year degree no sense in burning out at the start.
>>
>>16949825
and yeah i have a fulltime job too but that's just way too much.
>>
>>16949825
To be fair, I was taking a lot of opiates, and had this gorgeous piece of ass to come home to.

It wasn't that bad. I didn't start burning out until the end of my Junior year.

OP has to figure out what he wants, but I suggest not dropping out, as it can fuck his financial aid.
>>
>>16949588
Wait, what is your major?
>>
>>16949837
You must've had a really flexible schedule and to be honest I doubt I'll go back for a 4 year degree. It's too much money for what will essentially be a vanity thing.

Like, you're done within your 30's(which is probably the same age I will be done) but that really just leaves your mid 30's to mid 40's and after that it's basically just coasting.

I hate the STEM acronym but let's be real outside of engineering if you're not young or really fucking motivated everything else is, again, a vanity thing(of call it self development I don't care).
>>
>>16949841
IT is my major.
>>
Came to /adv/ to ask for advice on working and studying at the same time, so I thought I might just participate on this thread for now, so bump, I guess.

>>16949811
Could you detail your hours a bit better? I'm currently 19 years old and on my first year. The course only takes 4 hours a day and I don't have classes on Friday on the first two semesters. My plan was to start working full-time by the end of the year and move out of my parents' by the end of 2017. The major problem is that I need to read and write a ton of shit for my major, so I'm not sure if I can pull that off.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.