[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting Energy Drinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hi /adv/,

This is my first time really posting here. I've never really needed to, but I'm sure that there are anons among us that are in the same boat or have had experiences relevant to this subject.

I drink about 4 - 5 cans of Monster Energy a week. It's a drain on my money and it's a drain on my health, certainly. Although it's not as extreme as other cases where people have had caffeine or energy drink addictions, it certainly is an addiction. I go on a downer if I haven't had it for a few days. It's started to cause serious problems with my family. I've tried going cold-turkey, but that never worked, I've tried weening myself off it, but that only leads to me "treating" myself by having more than usual which just sets me back even more than before, and I've tried accepting it, which is where the problem lies in the first place.

What /adv/ice do any of you guys have for a person like me? How do I quit?

It's not even energy drinks in general: just Monster.
>>
Your addiction is more psychological than anything and you need to tough it out.

You say weaning didn't work and neither did cold turkey.

That's too fucking bad because those are your options. Pick one.

Don't you dare replace this habit with some other unhealthy craziness.
>>
You really notice 4-5 cans of monster in your weekly budget? Hahahahahahaha, what are you? 13?

Wtf, addicted to energy drinks lol. Just drink lemonade and stop being such a faggot. If this is your number 1 problem right now life will have a few surprises for you later on hahahahaha
>>
Take some fucking vitamins
>>
An energy drink habit is an expensive and draining one, that's for sure. I wouldn't consider myself an addict but I certainly consume more than my conscious likes to acknowledge
Your best best is a healthier substitute like coffee. Although it's not as satisfying at times, it can help wake you up just like a Monster.
>>
File: 1432921582779.png (71KB, 255x207px) Image search: [Google]
1432921582779.png
71KB, 255x207px
>>16950599

Currently weaning myself off caffeine and using lightly creamed coffee to replace my 2 Monsters a day.

I feel like shit.
>>
>>16949202

>I don't have any self-control: The Thread
>how do I self-control?

Don't buy Monster. Drink water. It's like not doing stuff that's bad for you is a foreign concept.
>>
OP do you want stomach cancer?

Because you will get stomach cancer if you keep this shit up

That shit is disgusting and you would only realize if you drank water straight for a month and then had a sip of it, I guarantee you would never buy another one again

at least try switching to sugar free red bull or red bull zero
>>
>>16949202
Wit that shit cold turkey man. Your gonna feel sick and really shitty for like 2 days then be clear. Stomach aches, headaches, exhaustion, and the like. But then you're done. It's better than weeks of white-knuckling just to drink like one can less.
>>
Drink black coffee
>>
Op I was you. I used to actually feel ashamed buying them at the same gas station all the time. The guy would always give me this, "Seriously dude, again?" kind of vibe. Same at tue bottle depot when I retuned a few flats of Monsters, I even got this from a few friends. I believed I was better/quicker at anything I did when I had one so much that I started to think I needed one to do something to high standard or quickly.

I eventually found coffee and was right into black and I still have one maybe once in a month but I started to notice effects on my health more. My teeth hurt sometimes and I could feel my heart, it didnt hurt but I could feel it, it was wierd and freaked me out. I also feel a little sick now and can only finish a small Red Bull which are way more money.

Start drinking coffee and you will just be addicted to coffee, its a better trade off but still not really helping. If you want off caffiene you have to excercise and eat better for sure, also promote any other positive change. I would still recomend coffee though, only black though, maybe one cream. Carry limited cash when you go out so you will be less inclined to buy energy drinks. If you get tired or sleepy try napping, being tired is your bodys way of saying sleep and until you get used to less caffiene its a good idea.

Hope this helps.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.