[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old acquaintances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

So I was bored and feeling nostalgic the other day, and I randomly got the idea to search for the names of some of my old elementary school classmates on Google. Unsurprisingly enough, most of them seem to have Facebook accounts.

For what it's worth, I currently have 0 friends and basically get no social interaction, except on anonymous boards with random people. It would be nice to talk to a human being for once... maybe. So I'm wondering if I should contact one of my old classmates.

Thing is, I never really had friends in my elementary school years either, these people are just some acquaintances I talked with once in a while, but never hung out with. Moreover, I live about 2000 miles away from them now, so there's basically no way I could visit them or anything. When I moved away I just cut contact with them and it's been like 10 years since then, so I doubt they even remember me.

With that in mind.. Should I contact them? I mean, I could make a Facebook account and... well, I dunno what I would tell them. Or what we could talk about. So yeah, not sure what I'm looking for here but.. your thoughts on this, /adv/?
>>
When in doubt, if you remember then they don't.

Move on with your life, they have already.
>>
from elementary school? that's fucked up. how/why have you not met any people for the last decade?
>>
>>16946413
That's what I was thinking too. But I think about my childhood a lot, and remember them sometimes too. Fucking nostalgia.

>>16946418
I've met people, but I didn't become friends or anything.
>>
>>16946427
life isn't an anime sperglord. people fucking move on. if i had a dollar for every anime/manga that treats 1st-5th grade like life changing events i'd be fucking rich.

grow the fuck up.
>>
>>16946427
>I've met people, but I didn't become friends or anything.
well friend them then, it's much less weird and pointless.
>>
>>16946436
How do I move on? Nothing now or in the future seems as good as the past, yet I'm sure the past isn't any better either, I'm just looking at it through pink glasses. How do I make real life as enjoyable as my delusions?
>>
>>16946447
Well, friendship seems like a chore and I didn't enjoy it any of the times I tried it (back in HS). Maybe I just didn't find the right people, but I felt like I couldn't relate to anyone. It was just a bunch of small talk and stupid comedy/banter.

Things always seem like they were better in the past though; even if I'm sure those old acquaintances wouldn't be any more fun to hang out with than other people I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
>>16946451
>How do I make real life as enjoyable as my delusions?
probably by trying to socially network with random people from your past who live really far away. it makes so much sense. your enjoyable delusions center around awkwardly explaining who you are to people, right?
>>
>>16946478
>It was just a bunch of small talk and stupid comedy/banter.
>Facebook
I don't know what you're going thorough right now, but this is not going to help
>>
>>16946479
Oh no, my delusions are about going back to my hometown and finding out that all those people are waiting for me there and welcome me back with open arms, and then we hang out and reminisce about the past. That's why they're delusions. But I guess you and >>16946487 are right, contacting them like this won't help. I didn't think about that actually, was too caught up in my delusions.

Seriously though, what am I missing? It's not simply social interaction as I had that when I was still going to HS, I actually was pretty social my senior year. But I still felt the same nostalgia and shit. Maybe it's because it was shallow interaction and I didn't really care for the people much?
>>
BUMP. How do I satisfy my nostalgia? Just ignoring it hasn't made it go away...
>>
Move on. I dont know what else is a ailing you that prevents social interaction but fufilling thoughts of nostalgia like yours isn't health.

Move on. Lifes an adventure and it a lot of things but living in the past is pointless. Its over.
>>
good chance people from elementary school won't remember you. middle and high school? only if you were pretty close. I've chatted up some people I knew in middle school years later, we reminisced for a bit and then the conversation ended. don't expect anything life-changing about talking to them
>>
>>16946810
How do I move on? Just ignore these feelings? That's what I've been doing up until now, and it hasn't helped.
>>
>>16946826
watch some old cartoons or something, son. find other people close to the same age as you and talk about old shit you both remember. nostalgia isn't necessarily bad so long as it isn't the only thing you're focused on
>>
>>16946826
The only way is to look forward. Simple as that, live life. If its to the point that its debilitating you might need to seek help.

>>16946820 is also right when it comes to old friends. Contacting your elementary friends for the purpose of nostalgia alone will seem really strange in their eyes. What makes you think that you will form better friendship with them then people from high school?

Nostalgia to me is a product of your current lifes stagnation. You need to be living your life and embracing the future for new memories.
>>
>>16946832
I watch Chinese cartoons already. And talking with other people never really made me happy..

>>16946838
>Nostalgia to me is a product of your current lifes stagnation

You're right I guess. I don't really have any interests and anything new I pick up I always get bored of or stop doing for one reason or another. It's hard to make new memories when you're not doing anything interesting with your life.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.