[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dui1.jpg (705KB, 5000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
dui1.jpg
705KB, 5000x2500px
What do you say to your work if you have to take time off to go to anything court related for a DUI charge?

My attorney is going to as many as possible without me but I know I'm going to a few down the line.
>>
Use holiday time?
> inb4 American's don't have holidays
>>
>>16945343

I can't answer your question, but I can show solidarity. I got a DUI a little over a week ago.

can I ask what you do? do your employers know already? and you haven't been fired? I'm honestly freaking out about getting hired with this on my record.
>>
>>16945362
Ah, I just started there a month ago so I don't have any benefits yet but I might by the time this all goes through.
>>
>>16945364
I haven't been convicted. I am signing up for a wellness program to help my chances in court. In CA I think you can ask for expungement after probation runs out (like 1-3 years) and you might never have to disclose it after 10.

I blew a 0.09 twice at the station. I just work on computers so it's nothing involving driving but I know trucking companies are sometimes desperate enough to take someone with a DUI from a few years ago. No one knows yet except maybe a coworker does if he's perceptive through my phone calls.
>>
>>16945372

man, I wish I was in IT or programming. it seems like the DUI thing isn't a huge deal in that field.

my charge is in Ohio (if convicted it can't be expunged) but I am thinking about applying for graduate school in California because they seem more accepting about things (my DUI is for marijuana lol, I blew a 0.000 at the station but they took my urine)

glad to hear you are not losing your employment
>>
>>16945376
In CA it's basically, if you drive for the job then no DUIs, and if you handle alcohol then no DUIs. I'm not telling anyone who doesn't absolutely need to know, especially not my employer. They need me and were afraid I was quitting for a bit.

Idk about DUIs for weed. If it's illegal in ohio then you'll probably have a tougher time than I will. They were fishing for me (I was the only one on the road) and said I was weaving so we are going to look at the evidence.
>>
>>16945376
>took my urine
What, did they strap you into a bed and force a catheter into you? No, you voluntarily gave them your urine.

My advice, if this should happen again, is to not submit to anything without a lawyer present.
>>
>>16945383

my plates were expired so i'm sure they had probable cause. right now i'm praying that they mishandled the urine and it becomes inadmissible. i'm planning for worst case scenario though (that now I have a record with a DUI and two minor misdemeanors for marijuana).

sounds shittier when I type it out lol
>>
>>16945383
I'm REALLY scrutinized under Commiefornia's draconian laws. The BRN in our states is menacing. If they even catch a whiff of you having or getting a DUI, it's hell to pay. You could lose your license, and if they allow you to keep it, it's 5 years of forced sobriety, which they monitor by forcing you to submit to random piss tests.
>>
>>16945403

yeah I know anything in the medical field is a no-go for at least 5 years. I never had much interest in that, but it does suck that that door is closed

I mean it's fucked up I can't even teach or work at an after school program probably for a DUI in which no alcohol was involved

such is life though
>>
bump for all my alcoholics and drunk drivers that got caught
>>
Can someone just answer my original question really quick.

If you had to go to court would you just say you have personal or family matters or something so you need part of the day off?
>>
>>16945343
To be honest, if I ever have other shit to do I just tell them I'm working from home that day. That day I take care of whatever I needed to take care of and then just work until I've "done my time"
>>
pump
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.