[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do in a situation where another person has social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1407134562162.gif (2MB, 298x317px) Image search: [Google]
1407134562162.gif
2MB, 298x317px
What do you do in a situation where another person has social dominance and you want to make yourself more relevant?

Basically I can't really compete with this friend who is consistently funnier and talks a lot more than I do. We have basically the same humor, but he's much better at articulating his words on the fly so his jokes are communicated better.

He's married and I hang with him and his wife often along with a female friend who I'm trying to make a stronger impression on.

I know he gets a kick out of being entertaining to guests, especially since he seems pretty miserable with his wife so it's a nice boost for him - but I just don't know how I can better assert myself other than drinking beforehand (does wonders for my confidence).
>>
>>16937506
Can you ask him to just wingman for you?
>>
>>16937506
caffeine pills usually make me more sociable
>>
>>16937507
I don't really want to ask him to 'restrain himself' or anything, that's kind of a dick move and I really love and respect this guy.

Only time I felt a little annoyed was when I made a joke about something happening at the time which was a little soft and only he heard it, so then he said it out loud and got big laughs out of it.

But it's not like I'd cause a scene and be all "HEY MAN YOU STOLE MY JOKE"
>>
>>16937506
Don't try competing with him in his strengths.

Be an alternative. If he's a loud joker, you be the quiet guy who rarely talks but always has something worth listening to. If he's an entertainer, you be a comforter.

Others will spot that and gravitate toward you when he becomes too much to put up with.
>>
>>16937521
Chicks don't laugh at funny guys they laugh at guys they want to fuck.
>>
>>16937783

> If he's an entertainer, you be a comforter.

This is shit advice, disregard it.
Listen OP, humor exists for a reason, and for a reason is it mostly a male characteristic - it shows intelligence, it shows you have a quit wit, and women are attracted to that.

I can tell you I'm in the same situation with a friend of mine (me being the funnier one) and we both know it, I also have a gf and he does not, so we came to this silent agreement between us - I try to be funny as usual but leave him openings to come in with his parts in the joke, and it's working great.

All I can recommend to you is to read (reading expands your vocabulary and helps you learn to "think" more quickly), and don't try to comfort shit, comforting is for cucks and women.
>>
Don't compare yourself to others.
>>
Learn to dance, do not tell anyone about it, then after some months of training and when a suitable song comes around, grab a girl and dance her feet out.
>>
It's better to try and stop comparing yourself to other people like that and just try to focus on the present moment. It takes practice but you can learn to do it.
>>
>>16937506
sock him straight in the throat the second he says something funny.
or you know don't be a fucking asshole just play off his jokes for now. wit, charm, humor are all muscles yours sounds pretty weak you need to use it and you won't get anywhere being stuck in your head thinking about how your "friend" is "socially dominating" you by making jokes jesus christ wtf is wrong with you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.