[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in love with my best friend's sister, but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1458395344455.jpg (140KB, 1075x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1458395344455.jpg
140KB, 1075x1025px
I'm in love with my best friend's sister, but it's a situation that has absolutely 100% no chance of ever existing

How do I forget her. Right now, I'm (22) I just image her hand in mine under the stars when I'm stressed as fuck, helps me sleep and calm the fuck down. Her bro, we've lived together for years, done shit, etc, unimportant. In my heart I know she'll never feel the same way that I feel about her.

I'm not 16 years old, I'm 23 and I try to convince myself there are other people in the sea but it really gets me down in my soul when I think about her, shes one of my best friends; I want her life to be as good as it can be; ie that person won't be me.

How do I fix these feelings? I just want her to be happy without me feeling 100% jealous towards the man she eventually chooses. It really hurts me inside.

I've tried to forget, but I can't, every time I see her all, after it it's all I can think about.
>>
realise I posted wrong, age 23
>>
>>16934859

>done shit, etc. unimportant

lol what? what shit?
>>
>>16934870
Gone through hard times, been broke, been completely penniless for months on end, doing whatever we needed to do to get enough to survive to make sure we had at least a single square meal a day.
>>
>>16934859

Just ask her out. Whether she then says yes or no, you'll finally get over it, either immediately on in a few days/weeks/months
>>
Ok, so to get over someone:
Make it clear for yourself that it's not happening. You seem to have that done, but in case you still have some doubt ask her.
Lose all contact with her. Don't go out with her, don't text her, don't talk to her. I don't care if she's your best friend's sister, tell him how you feel and that you want to get over her.
Be active, do stuff. Work, study, go the the gym, find some hobbies. Whatever keeps you busy and takes your mind off her. Don't just sit in front of a computer doing stuff that takes no critical thinking or involvement and creates no emotional response.
Be patient. It takes time.
>>
Wait, why doesn't it have a chance?

Is she too young or something?
>>
File: external.jpg (23KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
external.jpg
23KB, 650x366px
>>16935080
this so much

even if you are sure you will be rejected, it will be easier to get over it if you actually allow yourself to get rejected. otherwise you will live the next years wondering 'what if'

just do it OP
>>
Why not give it a shot OP? Can you elaborate on why you're so positive potential prospects of success are so Grim? Are you sure you can't improve in the areas you feel inadequate? Like are you not her type or something?

Not that I'm saying to lose yourself in the pursuit of love, however if it's like minor superficial things it's quite likely they might be easier to overcome than you think if you already have a solid organic friendship...
>>
>>16934859

I don't know the reasons you don't think it's going to work, but be wary of the advice in this thread to just go for it, OP. If this is truly your best friend, you don't want to stick a wedge in your friendship by trying to get with his sister unless the juice is really worth the squeeze.

If you're going to do something, I'd probably bring it up to him first.

Anyways, you're young, these things do fade with time. It's not easy, but they fade.
>>
>>16935195
No Definitely tread cautiously if you think it'd majorly jeopardize your relationship with your friend, however if it is organic and the feelings are sincere and you're good to her I think the whole "Dude Don't Date my Sister" thing can be overblown for it's supposed impact among the rational ppl. Usually that seems to apply more to like unapologetic pervs/manwhore "friends" that you to some degree don't consider a good person, which you don't really strike me as... iunno... Is your friend's possible reaction a heavy factor in your pessimism?
>>
So, this'll sound really dumb but it eventually works. You should start thinking negatively about her, eventually you'll start to lose interest in her, I've done this a few times and it worked (at least for me). Just try it for a while.
>>
Pass me her number, breh. You can date vicariously through me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.