[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 460x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 460x418px
How the hell do you deal with stressfull times when you are prone to fall into depression?
>>
>>16931638

>depression

if real, seek therapy. if you're just sad and calling it depression, its important to develop your own comforts. the biggest comfort is knowing the endgame.

imagine if they never told you when graduation was. imagine if you just went to school and you never knew when it was going to end or when you were going to change grades, and it was all random. that sucks right?

the best way is to know what the endgame is, waht you got left to do, and then taking pride when you finish the little steps that get you closer.
>>
It's hard, but simple, cliché things like "thinking about what matters to you" do help. I stay away from trying to think "positive" because that is just the child's escape from sadness.

As hippy as it sounds, from another who endures waves of depression, things related to zen, ying-yang, duality, etc tend to make the depression much more manageable. Understanding that good and bad are necessary, one cannot exist without the other, and that sad times just make you appreciate the good times even more.

When you're in the darkness, all you can do is wait until the world turns you back around. And remember, its only a matter of time before the light turns back to darkness.
>>
>>16931654
Nah, i'm legitly endangered. Therapy since one year and recently off of ssri's. Now i feel like i have no security net when demanding times hit me.
I thinn your advice is great anon. Problem is that i don't even know what my endgame is, or how to find out
>>
>>16931686
>security net
Is this where the depression stems from? Security?
>>
>>16931686

then sit down and map em out. if youarent in school, what are you doing?

what is making you stressed? generally you find out what it is and say 'i only need to deal with it til friday, then its gone because XX' and thats the end game.
>>
>>16931696
I meant it in a "till now i was relying on my medication to help me not get that low again and now i'm all on myself"-way.
>>
>>16931699
Well, i might experience ice berg stress atm. I work as a school assistant and the goal was to start my higher education in summer. But now the class i was in got closed and i can't start school. I now need to start from scratch, find a new place, yadayada. I took all my energy to even get this one and i was really hoping that it will work out. Starting all over again makes me feel so drained and it took all my motivation.
And then there's the everyday stress. But the idea of havibg short term "engame" is neat! I will def give that a try. Thanks anon
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.