[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is failing her junior year of high school. She's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1446297672190.jpg (39KB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
1446297672190.jpg
39KB, 323x267px
My girlfriend is failing her junior year of high school. She's 17, and is snowballing down a path similar to what i fell into my first semester of the same year.

The desire to achieve decent grades and get her diploma is there, but there is no motivation and giving her the "just do it" bullshit has the reverse effect. I try to help her do homework, but pretty much every time we get working on something she gets pissy, gives up and proceeds to whine and quit and/or destroy or throw shit in the room. It doesn't matter how well the workflow is going, she always manages to find a way to stress herself out.

Obviously this is frustrating the fuck out of both of us and she's fully aware of the bullshit she pulls. I love her and want to help her but there's only so much I can do without making her curl up under a blanket and stop being productive for the rest of the millenium. How do I get her to be less anxious and perfectionist, or at least get her up and working, no matter how slow?
>>
>>16930764
>destroy or throw shit at her room
>doesnt work
>you have to teach her how to survive this world
Well looks like you fall for the vagina
It's a matter of time before she throws shit at you for bullshit reason she made up
I'll dump the fuck out of her
>>
She's lazy, selfish, unmotivated and will bring you down with her. Dump her, move on. Anon is right; only a matter of time before she shits all over you, too.
>>
File: 1457629351443.jpg (41KB, 770x430px) Image search: [Google]
1457629351443.jpg
41KB, 770x430px
>>16930787
>>16930820
I'm supposed to just leave her to fail? Her family is absolute shit and I'm afraid my depression has rubbed off on her and mixed very badly with recent events that have really killed her mental state. I see myself in her in many ways, and want to help her. I don't care if we break up somewhere down the road but for now I really would like to see her mature and recover.
>>
>failing high school
KEK
She's not going to make it.

If she can't take this relatively small level of stress (college will destroy her) and she's already showing impulsive and destructive behaviors, you should probably break up with her, at least after you try to help her. She'll just continue to give you trouble down the road. If the problem is that she's getting stressed out and the bad shit happens when she's stressed, focus on relaxation techniques. You'll probably just need to find what works for her. Try regularly taking breaks, making a schedule so it seems more manageable, drilling the "something is better than nothing" attitude if she's a perfectionist (I've been too intimidated to do things because I'm pretty perfectionist myself, and I just had to accept that even if I started too late and got a poor grade on something, that's less damaging to my GPA than a zero). If more logical strategies don't work, you may want to try classic relaxation techniques like meditation or even just making a very relaxing environment to work in, keep it dim but lit enough to do work, burn some incense, brew her some tea, whatever. It might sound silly but anything's worth trying.

What do you do when she starts getting crazy? Do you try to calm her down or just let the storm run its course? How does she react?
>>
>>16930891
Well then just keep trying to motivate her !! Just have a conversation with her, try to make her fantasize about success or scare her with failure.
The only way to make her work is one of those 2
>>
>>16930764
Love. ..high school lol
>>
>>16930764
Has she always been like this? If this inability to work is a recent event, then the problem wouldn't be her schoolwork.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.