[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I met this guy online. He is seemed cool as fuck, we hit it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

So I met this guy online. He is seemed cool as fuck, we hit it off pretty well at the beginning. We skyped and did text a lot but I eventually discovered that he is very fickle and easy to piss off. Whenever I have plans he gets super jealous or when I am at work he complains that I can't play video games with him. If I beat him in anything he gets livid, refuses to talk to me and throws a fit. He basically acts like a man child. I want to cut off contact with him but don't know if I should tell him why or just do it. I have tried talking to him about it before and he says he doesn't mean to be but never tries to change or apologizes. So should I just block him or talk to him?
>>
Just block him.
>>
>>16927679 full block op. No way sround it
>>
>>16927679
should send him a message first, at least. he will spend alot of time wondering why you blocked him. tell him why you are about to block him and then do it
>>
This autistic manchild somehow manages to keep a hold on a girl while I constantly get cut off by girls without warning. What gives?
>>
>>16927679
yeah tell him why, even if it didn't work out, you still connected to some level and it would be too callous to just block him without making it clear why
>>
>>16927690
I almost feel like that would be worse. Pretty much telling him he is a asshole then leaving. I don't want to hurt him.
>>
>>16927693
I just wanted a friend to play video games with. I live in a college town and there is nothing to do but go drinking where I live.
>>
>>16927712
Noted. So I should look for more desperate girls.
>>
>>16927707
no it won't be worst

i can sympathize with him (i'm also a manchild, or at least i used to be) and plenty of women treated me this way in the past and the only complaint i ever had was not knowing why

it hurts because it's dehumanizing, and if more were honest with me, i would be a better person

just don't tell him "you're an asshole, i'm blocking you, bye", go a bit into detail, explain why, give him some honest advice from your heart and then block him
>>
>>16927679
I'd give you honor points on giving him an ultimatum. In the end, let him know he's being a dickhead, then promptly block him.
>>
>>16927707
yeah but he could learn from his mistakes. if you block him, he will always be left wondering why and will carry on acting like a man-child.
>>
>>16927726
I'm not desperate. I am not into going to clubs or bar hopping with my other friends. I like staying home and playing video games.
>>
>>16927729
I was never planning on sending a short message like that, even though he is a prick, I don't want to be A cunt.

How do you tell someone they are a asshole without coming off as a bitch though? He is ultra sensitive.
>>
>>16927679
The fact that he rages at you for not playing with him while at work is a red flag, where online exactly did you meet this person? as i am looking for people to play online with as well.
>>
>>16927753
On top of mentioning what he is and what exactly you mean by that, you also need to suggest ways for improvement. If he has ever admitted any of these things himself, make sure to mention that too; an example would be "you know that X, Y, Z is something that stops you from achieving your full potential, you've said so yourself". Avoid emotionally charged/judgemental/braod generalizations like "asshole" or "cunt" or "manchild", and focus on describing the situation instead, by using specific examples and reasoning.
>>
>>16927753
cant you find another guy to play video games with? alot will probably want and try to fuck you though. maybe a bf?
>>
>>16927801
Met him playing dark souls 2 And terraria.
>>
Here, I'll script it for you:

"Hey dude. As much as i enjoy playing vidya with you, your attitude is seriously grating on me now. I've tried talking to you about it before and you've seemed apologetic, but nothing has changed.

I hope you see that im not being unreasonable in telling you this, but i want to / will block you because this isn't stress that i need to deal with. I hope you can appreciate me telling you this without just blocking you out of the blue"

Then, if you want, either give an ultimatum like "I like playing shit with you, but if you dont fix your attitude, im ghost" or block him there and then.

Source: Have had this conversation with too many people online that i became friends with on vidya who had a suckass attitude.
>>
>>16927839
Just to add, this works because its firm but not insulting / condescending so you give them something to think about.

Colloquial but not too informal so you seem friendly still, but clear that you have taken a step back from them.
>>
>>16927810
Not sure where to find guys that are into the same stuff I am. I do get asked out, but its usually from lesbians or frat boys.
>>
>>16927831
How is that even possible? DS2 has no chat and Terraria is LAN based.
>>
>>16927849
probably alot of guys you see are into the same stuff. most guys are into video games now a days. alot of nice guys that you are looking for are beta and therefore wont ask you out. nerdy gamer guys are everywhere now a days. maybe try a dating website? or craigslist?. i suggest meeting guys in real life but if you dont feel comfortable with that then what i have previously stated is all i can think of.
>>
>>16927850
You can voice chat in ds2. Its in game settings. Terraria you jut need to make a open server.
>>
>>16927874
>You can voice chat in ds2. Its in game settings.
I did not know that, i can play video games with you if you want.
>>
>>16927844
This is perfect! You know exactly what I'm dealing with, though I'm sorry that you have dealt with shitty people.

Thanks anon. I hope he understands That I'm not doing thisnoutta spite. I just have enough stress already.
>>
>>16927682
>>
>>16927849
If you get asked out so much by frat bros and lesbos maybe you're giving off the wrong vibe? As long as you're social and open about your interests, you're definitely gonna find a cute beta boy at school/work/college, that shares your passion.

>>16927863
What's up with /adv/ and unironically suggesting dating sites? There's literally not a worst way/place to meet a spouse.
>>
>>16927863
I wish gamer guys weren't so shy. I just want a cutie to cuddle with and play games with.

I perfer meeting in real life, and don't wanna use a datinbg website. To me those are for desperate people.
>>
>>16927879
Do you have steam?
>>
>>16927896
Yes i do.
>>
>>16927888
I get asked out on dates mostly when I'm at the gym working out so I'm not sure what kinda vibe I give out? I usually mind my own buisness.

I guess I should be more aggressive?
>>
>>16927900
Steam I.D and I will add you.
>>
>>16927905
Its Omnicron.
>>
>>16927679
Going though the same thing, guy is 1 year older and made me talk to his mom through Skype and shit. He likes me, I don't dig him as much. I like how angry her gets(strange turn on) but I'm not that into him. Plus he gets super pissed that I won't let him speak to my parents. Guys tad bit desperate when it comes to me. He can get either super angry, hormonal(intense flirting), or super emo. Known him for half a year on and off until a few months ago when we Skyped and texted constantly. Play videogames on weekends for 8+ hours straight. I stopped talking to him for 3 days and he's trying so hard.

I say give him up unless u are really into him. If u want to take it further tell him how u feel. He can't hurt u through Skype. Be honest with him and if he gets pissed just ignore him until he's ready to change. Be sure to state this and be confident. I have faith it u :3
>>
>>16927712
BC
C

Lets play Darksouls 3 anon
>>
I take the honest but not brutal approach when cutting people out of my life. It keeps people from getting weird/stalk-y because there's direct, clear closure.

Say something to him like "Hey. I think we're really different people and I'm finding myself irritated with a lot of things you do. I don't think we make good friends, so I wanted to be upfront and explain that. I will read your response but not reply to it. After I read it I'll unfriend us."
>>
>>16927707
a goodbye is better than silence, otherwise he'll think you're dead or become one of those crazy r9k types if he isn't already. you don't owe him anything but it's a bit cruel to let someone you spent time with hang like that.

I had a few guys like. I tend to avoid revealing my gender in games to because of people like that.
>>
>>16927850
there's a chance you have it enabled when you planed DS2 but never noticed

I play with people all the time who are clearly oblivious to their mic being on.
>>
>>16927904
They gym? Why do you assume that all the men that ask you out are frat bros? I also work out at the gym but my biggest hobby is vidya. Maybe you're biased?

>I guess I should be more aggressive?

Maybe. I dunno. Judging by how the average (young) woman behaves it wouldn't hurt to be a little more aggressive. Most of the women that ask me out are much older and looking for a boytoy, which does not interest me.
>>
>>16927925
It was on restricted.
>>
>>16927922
>so I wanted to be upfront and explain that. I will read your response but not reply to it. After I read it I'll unfriend us
that's extremely cringe
>>
>>16927908
>>16927905
In case you get multiple results it's the one with CIA.
>>
>>16927904
>>16927926
Also as far as lesbians go you, it probably has something to do with the way you look or dress that gives the wrong impression about you. I don't see why a lesbian would ask you out unless you were checking her out constantly.

I know there are a couple of gay guys at the gym but I avoid eye contact so as not to give the wrong impression.
>>
>>16927920
Sure !
>>
>>16927966
>>
>>16927952
I think it's cause I have short hair, and my campus has a huge lgbt community. As for the frat boys i can tell cause they always wear house letters/ symbols.
>>
>>16927908
I don't know which one to add..
>>
>>16927970
Steam i.d first please, I will add you on my skype if we become friends.
>>
File: DHS-_Aidan_Gillen_in_TDKR.jpg (251KB, 757x720px) Image search: [Google]
DHS-_Aidan_Gillen_in_TDKR.jpg
251KB, 757x720px
>>16927979
the one with this picture.
>>
File: THE BOOGNISH.jpg (104KB, 1190x1049px) Image search: [Google]
THE BOOGNISH.jpg
104KB, 1190x1049px
>>16927984
jayocaine, or pandy fackler, not sure which one you use to look me up this is my picture
>>
>>16927693
>This autistic manchild somehow manages to keep a hold on a girl while I constantly get cut off by girls without warning. What gives?
He's doing nothing of the sort. See the part where she's sick of his shit and is blocking him?
>>
>>16927707
You're going to hurt him either way. Blocking him means he's going to wonder what he did wrong that you cut him out and telling him then blocking him is like "You're a douche and you're not fixing it, bye". Either option is viable but given his behavior, he'll get hurt either way.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.