[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential Crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 3206877.jpg (39KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
3206877.jpg
39KB, 500x490px
I'm having a serious existential crisis and I need help. I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>16924836
Whatever you think doesn't change your reality
>>
I'll help. Or try to anyway. Tell me what's on your mind. Don't worry about it sounding lame or not making sense or any of that, just get it out.
>>
>>16924836
Who cares. If we all discovered we were a computer simulation tomorrow do you know what would change?

Nothing. Everyone would carry on with their lives.

Regardless of the underlying mechanics, the game of life is played the exact same way.

Even if you're freaking out like you're the only real person in the universe, and you're reading yourself telling you this, literally nothing changes.
>>
You don't have to be well known to be important. You don't habe to change the world to be important. Think about how insects pollinate flowers. Each individual insect is one of trillions doing the same stupid little task, even without realizing it. All they actively do is perpetuate their own existence, yet in doing so they carry with them the pollen that breeds the plants that create the oxygen for every living creature to breathe. By perperuating their own existence they help us to survive, without realizing it. Being one-of-a-kind is overrated.

If I told you that you are a brain in a vat, could you disprove that? No. But then, that isn't your life. Your life is your memories, what you have learned, and where you believe you are make up you. You are right here with the rest of us. Mundane. In the middle, and subjective. You are unique, but it is up to you to be special. Inject a purpose into your life. Get a cat and make the object of your existence to give that cat the bitchingest life a little fluffy kitty could ever want. Make your purpose to be the reliable one at work so that your co-workers can depend on you. Be the one that gets the job done. Give your life meaning, because without your action, your life IS meaningless, but it is so easy to change that. You just have to make a simple descision. You don't have to change our world, you just have to change your world. What you do to make your world better may create that person that changes everone's world for the better. That makes you important. Don't sweat being the little guy.
>>
ur lyfes meaningless ok the end

stop being so entitled. there's no reason to be here but we all are.
>>
File: 1457598762188.jpg (6KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1457598762188.jpg
6KB, 236x236px
find religion or a purpose for your life.

for some its jesus, for some its drugs, for some its providing to a family, etc

you just need to do something with yourself. because in the end, what really matters is how you helped other people
>>
>>16925545
>for some its jesus, for some its drugs
Thanks now I have a country song stuck in my head.

Everybody just wants to get high
Sit and watch a perfect world go by
We're all looking for love and meaning in our lives
We follow the roads that lead us
To drugs or Jesus

Everybody wants acceptance
We all just want some proof
Everyone's just looking for the truth

Of course all that did was point me towards drugs. Suppose that got me just as many answers as religion did.
>>
File: 1450333483277.jpg (51KB, 470x614px) Image search: [Google]
1450333483277.jpg
51KB, 470x614px
>>16925588
im stealing this.
thank you
>>
Don't worry about it is all that I can and need to say. The fact of the matter is that you are here. It's pointless to be upset about an existential problem since if you believe our reality is false then why borer yourself about it? Even if you don't "actually" exist you are still you. You still have a life ahead of you. Seriously, try to have fun. Go get some friends, learn a few jokes. Do something with yourself. If you don't, your existence will be just as dull as your possible non-existence. Again, don't worry. Worry only further shoves that negativity into your psyche. How can you be happy if all you do is focus on not being happy?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.