[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupidity and laziness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: dunce_cap_648.jpg (260KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
dunce_cap_648.jpg
260KB, 1200x794px
I've an IQ of around 135-150, yet I continue to do stupid shit. I'm also a lazy fucker. I smoke weed. I have no gf even though I'm easily a 6/10 looks wise. I'm funny-ish, and friendly, but still find myself alone at the PC most nights.

Wtf is wrong with me? Why do people (I) let their shit go to shit when the potential for improvement is infinite?

Have I been brought up badly?
>>
IQ means fuck all. I have an IQ of 130, and I'm working an entry level sales position. A girl who supervises our managinf branch didn't know what "nautical" was until my co-worker explained to her and she makes like $65k a year.

Another disadvantage you have with an above average IQ is that virtually no one will feel relatable to you. So you probably can't get a girlfriend because no one understands you, and you don't understand anyone either.

Being lazy, i can't help you either. I'm lazy. I dropped out of community college because I don't know what I want to do with my life.
>>
> I'm smart but lazy

If you were truly smart you would know doing nothing is a waste of time and stop doing it.
>>
Self help people have been analyzing and deconstructing this issue for years (and trying to monetize it as well).

your struggle is not abnormal.

however very few people are motivated to self improve just by the act itself.

Self improvement happens on a path TO something for the vast majority of us.
>>
You only just realize that what you're doing does waste your time. You didn't really "let your shit go", you just merely like being lazy. It's nice to sit back on not give a fuck.

Nothing is wrong with you, go back to smoking weed and have a safe trip.
>>
>>16921882
what did you end up doing career wise if you dropped out of community college? I only ask because i'm in my first year at community college and i'm wondering if this is really worth my time....
>>
>>16921977
Door 2 door sales. 12 an hour base pay plus commission. I wouldn't say this is a career though. I'm only 20. I'm considering suicide. But I live with my gf and she'd be fucked if I died. And to be honest I don't have it in me to kill myself.

College most likely isn't worth your time unless you know for a fact your degree wi guarantee you a job when you get out. And the only degrees with guaranteed job placement in the field of study are nursing/medicine and engineering.
>>
>>16921855
I have an IQ of 135 (well it was when they forced us to test in 3rd grade anyhow. It's probably a lot lower now) and yes I was brought up badly. I was spoiled on top of things coming easily to me. And people always told me how much I could achieve or how well I did things. So I never learned to work hard or saw the point in putting in effort since in knew I could scrape by.

Then reality hit and now I'm almost 25, living at home, with no degree. I'm back in university but not doing well because my depression and anxiety from realizing "oh fuck, I really fucked myself" interferes with my capability of being productive.
>>
File: 1333149095382.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1333149095382.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
>>16921855
I'm in a similar situation and I constantly ask myself wether this is my fault or if I was fucked from the start. Who is to blame?

I know exactly what's wrong, but I'm not doing anything about it. I feel like I'm watching myself fall apart.
>>
Watch some of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D00atlIwwPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0moKyWoW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMnMp-d5pKs
>>
>>16921855
Nice man gratties on ur smarties.
No fampai. The big money assholes are extroverted and you aren't. You like it quiet.
And that's fine.
Just do whatever makes you happy and can pay the bills.
>>
>>16922063

Lol what is this extrovert meme about and why all of you r9k'rs preach it religiously?
>>
>>16921855
I reckon laziness is more about lack of motivation. You need to find something you actually want to do. Or maybe you just aren't smart at anything but puzzle tests. The smartest guy I know breezed through physics and the other two through chemistry. I flunked out of engineering. I just can't be bothered with busy work because I can't shit it out like they do- without practice or study. I have absolutely no patience. But I can shit out creative prompts and arguements and I'm excellent at presentations and public speaking. So I'm going to be a stand up comedian. By my second open mic I am already getting more laughs than 2/3rds of the other people trying. I am inspired by the idea of entertaining people with nothing but your voice and body language- no production beyond that. That's incredible. However my chemist friends like the idea of manipulating reality itself as they put it. That's a pretty badass way to look at it.

Just find something you actually find interesting and are good at.
>>
>I've an IQ of around 135-150
No you don't, and even if you did it's been dismissed time and time again as a poor measurement of general intelligence. Get over that lazy genius bullshit.

>I'm also a lazy fucker.
You need to be motivated to actually do something and it needs to be obtainable in the near future otherwise you'll mentally just go "fuck it" and shitpost on 4chan instead. Get a big thing then make realistic goals to achieve that thing then you won't feel like your wasting your potential because you're actually working toward something that matters to you and seeing progress.

>I smoke weed
So?

>I have no gf
Again, so? Having a girlfriend just for the sake of saying you have one because that's "normal" is a toxic attitude. If you want to improve yourself then don't worry about that because it's a symptom of who you are, not a cause.

>Have I been brought up badly?
Maybe you have and maybe you haven't, but you're a grow up. Take responsibility for who you are instead of putting the blame on people in your past and treating that as a valid reason for why you can't change

You're making this out to be worse than it is. Either find something that can motivate you so you don't feel like every minute of your life is being wasted or you can just say fuck it and accept who you are right now instead of stressing about everything you aren't pursuing.
>>
File: 89498498494.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
89498498494.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>16921961
>>
>>16921855
First of all - IQ is difficult to measure. There's a fuckload of difference between 135 and 150. Hope you know that. Also, it ranks you in the top 0.2% of the world. I don't think you're that smart - but again, let's say you are. Are you a part of MENSA? You should take their test and easily get in since you're easily above 130 right?

Last time I tested I was 133, though that was when I was 17. And since IQ can only be judged with age, I can't say it's the same now that it's 8 years later.

You know what I do? Exactly the same thing. Because your potential for improvement is worth nothing. Your desire for improvement is worth everything. You don't desire to improve - you're quite happy to sit there with your 6/10 looks, your high IQ and rest on your laurels. That's the problem - you have no desire to change. Or if you do, any shred of desire turns into frustration. You post on this board asking what's wrong with you when it's obvious: YOU are what's wrong with you - your lifeless attitude towards life.

So ask yourself some serious questions: Do you exercise regularly? Do you consistently try to better yourself, become more independent, learn new and useful things, etc.
>>
>>16922138
>No you don't, and even if you did it's been dismissed time and time again as a poor measurement of general intelligence. Get over that lazy genius bullshit.
You're completely wrong. IQ tests aren't nonsense and it's entirely possible to have genius level IQ yet have issues with motivation.
>>
>>16921855
I can guarantee your IQ is no longer 130-150 if you're a habitual pot smoker.
>>
>>16921855
>135-150
>smokes weed

no you don't faggot smart people don't smoke weed.
>>
>>16921855
I think I understand you.
Start looking into science. I personally started studying physics, best decision ever. You actually learn interesting stuff that actually challenges you, and a lot of the people there can relate to you.
>>
Your first mistake was deciding that your IQ entitled you to anything. IQ is nothing. Forget your IQ and start making something of yourself instead.
>>
Ok, real talk OP.

I've been legit tested by a psychologist and have an IQ of 125. But let's be real, that doesn't mean very much. Numbers are just numbers.

And I *was* brought up badly. Domestic violence, child abuse, all that shit. If you were brought up similarly, my condolences.

The issue isn't IQ or childhood, the issue is what do you want to do about it NOW.

What do you feel passionate about? What are you good at?

I'm a school custodian. It takes basically zero fucking intelligence to push a mop around, but damned if I don't work to be the best custodian the school district has ever seen. And I've got goals to work toward, professionally and otherwise.

I suspect you're a lot like me and that you're afraid of failure. You're afraid that if you don't perform spectacularly, you'll be judged harshly. But you don't have to be the smartest guy in the place, you've just gotta do what you've gotta do. Work to your own standards. And if they're too high, ok. Do what you can. Doing is better than not doing. Honestly, you'll adjust with time as you learn what you've got the time/skill/resources to do.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Start small. Any employment -- preferably full time, but whatever -- is good. And the more you work, the better you'll feel about yourself. The better you feel about yourself (and the more financially stable you are) the more women will be attracted to you.

You can do this :) Just don't beat yourself up too much.
>>
>>16921855

I think a lot of people are in your same situation. There are people who say "find motivation" or "just do it" and that's way easier said than done.

Most people want a tangible purpose for what they are doing. I mean to mean going to school is like gambling. "I'm going to throw thousands at this computer technology degree and hope to god halfway through I don't hate it. Maybe when I'm done I'll get a job that I like."

For most things I find you have to take a chance. A leap of faith if you will. It fucking sucks. There should be a test that has a 99.9% accuracy to predict what you want in life so you can follow it.

I don't think you're lazy. I think you've come to a crossroads many others have come to.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.