[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BPD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: yyyy.jpg (190KB, 663x515px) Image search: [Google]
yyyy.jpg
190KB, 663x515px
I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality disorder a few days ago. It explains a lot of stuff about me and my life, but I feel... anxious about having this label. I worry that I can't trust my reactions or emotions now.

Does anyone else have BPD? What does it mean to you to have it and how to you cope with the symptoms?
>>
I'm being open about it. I've come out as BPD on facebook so everyone knows. I let every guy who comes on to me know.

Oddly, it hasn't effected me as much since I decided to own it. I have good qualities. And I do manage to keep friends real friends for long periods of time.
>>
I was diagnosed bipolar about a year and a half ago. I felt the same way at first. I was worried about the stigma of mental health, and how to deal with it. Over time, with help from my therapist, and just the passing of time those feeling have gone away. You learn you are the same person after diagnosis that you were before. The label just helps explain some things.
>>
Most people with BPD are asymptomatic after six years of dialectical behavioral therapy, according to my psych teacher in college.

Get into treatment asap.
>>
>>16920999
I'm in treatment. I'm taking an anti-depressant and seeing a therapist once a week. That's good news, though.

Thanks for the replies.
>>
>>16920891
>>16920932
>>16920993
Nice to here you've all gone through this stage. Its almost like your copies of each other.
>>
>>16920891
I feel like I might have it (I'm not a psychologist by any means) but I don't have money to see a therapist (student).
>>
>>16921174
There should be a route to therapy that's free in your region. Talk to your doctor, if you have one of those. Or talk to a counsellor at school.
>>
>>16921445
I've fallen victim to the stigma
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.