[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I share a house with a friend and another chick for college,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I share a house with a friend and another chick for college, let's call her C. We're all college students (hence the house-sharing).

When C first came along (a couple of months ago) she asked if it was okay to have her boyfriend sleep over every night. We agreed seeing no personal issue with that, provided he wouldn't sistematically use shit like water, gas, etc... (which he wouldn't be paying for).
This technically shouldn't be allowed as we're each paying our stay in our respective room and the guy is pretty much freeloading every night. Our landlord doesn't know this, obviously.

My only complaint with the guy would be that he showers every now and then in the morning, taking about 30min. with the water always running (he's practically bald ffs, why does he need that much time).

Today my friend told me she's been thinking that she doesn't like lying to our landlord (a very nice old lady), and I gotta say, I get where she's standing.

Part of me wants this guy to leave, but then I question if I'm just being a huge bummer.
>>
Have you tried, oh, I don't know, talking to C?
>>
>>16919542
that's what this thread's about. If I were to talk to talk to her, I'd tell her just that.

I just want to make sure there's an actual reason for my not wanting him living here. Wouldn't want to come off as a buzz killer to anyone here.
Like, yeah, we're lying to our landlord, but what are the chances of her actually finding out? How is she losing money with him sleeping here?
>>
>>16919553
>How is she losing money with him sleeping here?

Tenant laws and liability.

If he's there long enough it becomes nigh impossible to remove him.

Also, she's fucked if anything happens and insurance is involved.
>>
>>16919570
>>16919553
That depends where you live. Generally if someone lives there but isn't on the lease (common among students and whatnot where there's a group of people living but one only signs the lease), that person doesn't get the rights and protections of the lease (e.g. x day notice to end the lease), while the landlord can't enforce their rights against him.

The way I see it, the landlord's not really going to care that much, as long as the place isn't trashed and they get rent from the three of you.

I don't see how 'I want him to pay for utilities' isn't good enough of a reason to talk to her about this. If she refuses to cooperate, then talk to the landlord and see what they think
>>
>>16919605
>I don't see how 'I want him to pay for utilities' isn't good enough of a reason

because he only shows up at night and leaves early in the morning. He mainly uses water and when we talked to her about splitting the watter bill among us 4 she said that when he showers, she doesn't.
>>
>>16919535

>sleep over EVERY night

does he live there? like does he have his own place he pays rent on or what?
>>
>>16919619

tell her that does't make an excuse. he splits the waterbill or he stops showering./
>>
>>16919619
If what she's saying is true, then there's no problem
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.